Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Carrie Underwood reported to do SuperBowl halftime show 2015

LordDisick

Featured Posts

Spock

NFL*

:tea:

2011 Golden Globe-nominee, Best Original Song

Six Grammys out of 10 nominations; second Country artist ever to have won Best New Artist Grammy, 2007.

2008 Grand Ole Opry member inductee

Almay makeup spokeswoman

23-time nominee of the Academy of Country Music

Fourth highest selling artist in the United States who have debuted in the past decade, behind Taylor Swift, 50 Cent & Michael Buble

16 million albums worldwide

30 million records worldwide

Best-selling American Idol alum

4 #1 albums on the country charts out of 4 released studio albums

3 #1 albums on the Billboard 200 all genre album chart out of 4 released said albums

Out of 18 released records to country radio, all but 6 have reached #1; the rest have reached #2, #4 & #7.

Her two collaborative singles with Brad Paisley ("Remind Me") and Miranda Lambert ("Somethin' Bad") as a guest vocalist have hit #1

Her collaboration with Miranda Lambert, released May 2014, is the first #1 by a female duo in over 20 years

Sunday Night Football theme song singer

Played Maria von Trapp in the 2013 NBC version of The Sound of Music

Yes. Carrie Underwood is insanely popular.

Not denying her pas achievements, but she got so much heat for this! As someone who has a foot in Broadway culture, I'm sorry, but she totally butchered that role. I would have thought that she had alienated the GP but I guess not :emma: Good for her I guess :)

who will love me when the night is over

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LStephens11

Not denying her pas achievements, but she got so much heat for this! As someone who has a foot in Broadway culture, I'm sorry, but she totally butchered that role. I would have thought that she had alienated the GP but I guess not :emma: Good for her I guess :)

It wasn't flawless by any stretch of the imagination - she continually broke the fourth wall, fell out of character & etc., but she received way too much flack for this role. She worked very hard and I think she enjoyed herself which is all the better. Saying she butchered it is a little much, imo.

Whispering

She did get heat from the media and I agree with you, she butchered the acting part! However, I read the comments on the articles at the time and a good 80-90% were defending her. I've never seen so many positive comments on places like Yahoo. Conservative, mainstream US loves Carrie. She is America's sweetheart.  

DeleteMyAccount

She did get heat from the media and I agree with you, she butchered the acting part! However, I read the comments on the articles at the time and a good 80-90% were defending her. I've never seen so many positive comments on place like Yahoo. Conservative, mainstream US loves Carrie. She is America's sweetheart.  

mhmm.  Especially for someone who has been able to accomplish so much in the past 9 years of her career, she really hasn't had any controversial moments.  Except for when she came out in favor of LGBTQ equality a couple years ago.  I was worried about her career as a country artist.. 

MonsterVSAnimal

Carrie who??? :toofloppy:

But in all seriousness, I didn't even know she still existed in the music industry. She hasn't had anything charting big in a while, or anything that I have seen. So I don't see why this is happening

CannaeDrive

The NFL probably won't choose performers that will cater to a bunch of gays, because that's not exactly their target audience. Ya'll can remain pressed. I love this choice.

Exactly, it's a good choice, the SB is not an event made for kids or teen girls. 

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas

Spock

The NFL probably won't choose performers that will cater to a bunch of gays, because that's not exactly their target audience. Ya'll can remain pressed. I love this choice.

But what about Madonna and Beyonce back to back :duck:

They're in like the top three of gay pop stars

who will love me when the night is over

CaliLilMonster

Please no. The half time show (and the ads) is the only good part of the super bowl. Choose anyone else but her. hahaha

Archived