Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Record Industry Considering a Standard, Global Album Release Day

MrFameKills

Featured Posts

Works for me, but why Friday? That's a terrible release date for albums. I like having them at the beginning of the week.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MrFameKills

Ohh.... Thanks!

So the charts start keeping track on Tuesdays?

Well i'm not quite sure. Billboard is really confusing for me. But if they do change the street date to  Friday i'm sure they'll have to make some changes

wish ya good fortune in tha wars 2 come

PicklePower

Well i'm not quite sure. Billboard is really confusing for me. But if they do change the street date to  Friday i'm sure they'll have to make some changes

They need to make it easier to understand 

MEGHAN TRAINOR | Katy Perry | Taylor Swift | Lady Gaga | Rihanna | Ariana Grande | Beyoncé | Nicki Minaj | Sam Smith

MrFameKills

Works for me, but why Friday? That's a terrible release date for albums. I like having them at the beginning of the week.

According to the article a lot of people get payed at the end of the week. So basically retailers will have one day with a lot of sales, instead of having the album sales spread over the week. 

Good idea, then it's fair game and Katy Perry won't move release dates back because Applause leaks :fan:

that's not even relevant to the article

MrFameKills

Someone on atrl pointed out that they should also remove country exclusive songs. Completely agree, it's so annoying  :worship:

eifulien

That's an amazing idea! Gotta do something to cut down piracy!

WTF? What's your problem with piracy? Does it affect you personally? 

:shrug:

Why don't you think about all the people who can't afford to buy music all the time? Should they be prevented from hearing new music? 

Piracy is good in many ways  because it provides equal access. Artists like Lady Gaga have earned enough for the rest of their lives you and I aren't the people who should be bothered about it.  :laughga:  :later:  :excuseme:

According to the article a lot of people get payed at the end of the week. So basically retailers will have one day with a lot of sales, instead of having the album sales spread over the week.

Oh that makes sense!

Why don't you think about all the people who can't afford to buy music all the time? Should they be prevented from hearing new music?

Piracy is good in many ways because it provides equal access. Artists like Lady Gaga have earned enough for the rest of their lives you and I aren't the people who should be bothered about it. :laughga::later: :excuseme:

Can't tell if serious or...

Alexandre

Piracy is good in many ways  because it provides equal access. Artists like Lady Gaga have earned enough for the rest of their lives you and I aren't the people who should be bothered about it.  :laughga:  :later:  :excuseme:

Ok well sorry...

eifulien

Someone on atrl pointed out that they should also remove country exclusive songs. Completely agree, it's so annoying  :worship:

Oh I would feel blessed if this comes true. It's so stupid and annoying. Before getting an album you need to look up all the editions in order to figure out which to download....  :confused:  :sick:

I really like to listen to the full thing. But it's usually a mess  A good example is Ultraviolence - 11 songs standard and the Japan edition reaches 16 songs... (why they alwayas get the most complete and full editions with much extras?)  :confused:  :toofloppy:

MrFameKills

Oh I would feel blessed if this comes true. It's so stupid and annoying. Before getting an album you need to look up all the editions in order to figure out which to download....  :confused:  :sick:

I really like to listen to the full thing. But it's usually a mess  A good example is Ultraviolence - 11 songs standard and the Japan edition reaches 16 songs... (why they alwayas get the most complete and full editions with much extras?)  :confused:  :toofloppy:

Yes, the situation with Ultraviolence is so frustrating. It's too much when you get a bonus track because you bought the album from Target and not on iTunes :toofloppy:

eifulien

Oh that makes sense!

Can't tell if serious or...

Honey, I've never been more serious....  :grr:

If we were to made an honest survey in the forum, what group would dominate - those who buy or those who download music?  :awesome:  :oops:

I can't believe we even have to discuss this. What do you wanna tell me? That we have to feel bad for ripping off billionaires? Not gonna happen...  :kissga:

heavymlover

Or they could make music and other entertainment media cheaper. That would reduce piracy as well.

Archived