1. 1. DARKGA VS LIGHTGA

• Dark pop
    • Light pop

Featured Posts

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

derk

do you even know what pretentious means? 

you're not a member of GGD till you know what pretentious means 

& yes I think it's pretentious to keep releasing one sided positive tracks or vise versa. 

Looks fake & pretentious, you can't be sad or happy all the time 

WhiteStripes

you're not a member of GGD till you know what pretentious means 

& yes I think it's pretentious to keep releasing one sided positive tracks or vise versa. 

Looks fake & pretentious, you can't be sad or happy all the time 

pre·ten·tious

priˈtenCHəs/Submit

adjective

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

I don't see how releasing a majority of dark or light music would lend someone to believe she's "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed" 

Derk, but I'd include PF and BTW to dark ones aswell - maybe not from the lyric side but sound for sure.

With few exceptions, I don't think she really makes "light music." Most of her material is "darker" or heavier than what's on the radio.

pre·ten·tious

priˈtenCHəs/Submit

adjective

attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed.

I don't see how releasing a majority of dark or light music would lend someone to believe she's "attempting to impress by affecting greater importance, talent, culture, etc., than is actually possessed" 

Possessing dark themes in your music when in reality you're just like anybody else, pretentious. By the use of dark themes in your music you are attracting a fan base that isn't true to oneself (a greater importance to that CULTURE). 

For gaga to FORCE herself to create darker music when in reality she seems to be pretty happy is pretentious, you are changing your image to impress a different group of music listeners. 

shaneybaby

usually with dark things there is more emotion becomes it comes from a deeper more true place in my opinion 

Archived