💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gabriella Cilmi

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

MonsterMum

Lol I interviewed her a year ago

Warm This Winter is her best

Did you really now, so what's happened? I don't think she was happy doing pop, but it was 2010 so I suppose every girl had to do some kind of pop.

Better Day

Thank you, I thin I'll download her, I must admit I forgot about her :toofloppy:

Together You And I!

stackhouse

Did you really now, so what's happened? I don't think she was happy doing pop, but it was 2010 so I suppose every girl had to do some kind of pop.

Yeah it was a feature for The Upcoming. I went and did a video interview with her and later watched a small concert she put on

The music she's doing now is a lot less commercial, I think I read somewhere her old label pushed her towards a "poppier" sound so she left them and now she's doing her own thing

MonsterMum

Yeah it was a feature for The Upcoming. I went and did a video interview with her and later watched a small concert she put on

The music she's doing now is a lot less commercial, I think I read somewhere her old label pushed her towards a "poppier" sound so she left them and now she's doing her own thing

Yeah I thought as much, I mean I liked the vibe with that 80s pop thing but her drastically cutting her hair so short is often a sign a woman wants to leave something behind. I know I did, another example being Miley Cyrus. Must have been scary tho I mean she is still only 22 and she was so young with her debut, it's admirable she was already secure enough to put her foot down. 

I hope she gets another hit but from what I hear on her new album, I don't think there is any potential really nor am I sure she's very keen on getting another smash. 

MonsterMum

I don't know her :toofunny:

but what I hear is good :music:

Where have you beeeeeen :giveup:

StrawberryBlond

She had such an amazingly talented voice for someone so young. Even at 16, you'd think it was a 30+ woman singing, though the lyrics to her songs may have given that impression, particularly songs like Awkward Game. Maybe her style was just a bit too grown up and aged her a bit much, though. It was no wonder her label tried to get her to make younger, poppier music. She was so young and so beautiful that it was seen as a waste to let her sing non commercial music. I remember when she did that FHM interview, where she was tearing at her clothes and even had a side-on topless shot. I was rather disappointed that she did something like that. But then she went through this whole image change and had very revealing lyrics and it confirmed that this shoot was not what she had wanted - her label forced her into it. I loved so many of her not-so-subtle references to the poisonous music industry in her recent songs:

"Lend some sugar to your neighbour, do a girl a favour, I might return it later."

"If the devil were a woman, I wouldn't have to run away, if the devil were a woman, maybe she'd understand me."

"I took the road less travelled in, a world so inticing, I had to lick the icing."

"Why do good things happen to bad, bad people? Why do bad things happen to good, good people?"

"I hate to tell you this, but only ghosts can walk through walls, wishful thinking that they'd take you where you need to go."

"Did you think that I'd just fall into line with your perfect design and never ever just me, how it used to be?"

It's a shame that with no promotion, she can't sell now. And it's terrible how some artists are just forgotten after one album. Like I said, it's probably a promotional issue more than anything. Promotion is what sells albums regardless of how mainstream you are and she never had any of that. It's not fair that her label should have blamed her as the problem.

MonsterMum

She had such an amazingly talented voice for someone so young. Even at 16, you'd think it was a 30+ woman singing, though the lyrics to her songs may have given that impression, particularly songs like Awkward Game. Maybe her style was just a bit too grown up and aged her a bit much, though. It was no wonder her label tried to get her to make younger, poppier music. She was so young and so beautiful that it was seen as a waste to let her sing non commercial music. I remember when she did that FHM interview, where she was tearing at her clothes and even had a side-on topless shot. I was rather disappointed that she did something like that. But then she went through this whole image change and had very revealing lyrics and it confirmed that this shoot was not what she had wanted - her label forced her into it. I loved so many of her not-so-subtle references to the poisonous music industry in her recent songs:

"Lend some sugar to your neighbour, do a girl a favour, I might return it later."

"If the devil were a woman, I wouldn't have to run away, if the devil were a woman, maybe she'd understand me."

"I took the road less travelled in, a world so inticing, I had to lick the icing."

"Why do good things happen to bad, bad people? Why do bad things happen to good, good people?"

"I hate to tell you this, but only ghosts can walk through walls, wishful thinking that they'd take you where you need to go."

"Did you think that I'd just fall into line with your perfect design and never ever just me, how it used to be?"

It's a shame that with no promotion, she can't sell now. And it's terrible how some artists are just forgotten after one album. Like I said, it's probably a promotional issue more than anything. Promotion is what sells albums regardless of how mainstream you are and she never had any of that. It's not fair that her label should have blamed her as the problem.

It is sad indeed, I have listened to her recent works and I do feel like she went into full on mature sound and look way too early.

Maybe it's just her being comfortable like that or just as a rebellion and a big fu to the whole industry and she it will balance a bit when actually getting older.

I hope she gets another break cause she has a lot to give. Maybe she came too early. I mean when she had to go pop in 2010 because of her label it might just have to do with the fact that Gaga was huge, Katy was succesfull and her label wanted to profit of that. She is gorgeous, young, talented, everything a label could want in a popstar. Nowadays she might have been the new Lana.

• 4 weeks later...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS I LOVE ON A MISSION SO F*CKING MUCH OH MY GOD

i love her a lot, but i have no idea what she's been up to lately

Archived