💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

LISTEN: Lil Kim - Identity Theft

Henry

Featured Posts

aquaprincess

RE-POST

As someone who grew up on hip-hop, in nyc, I think Kim did her thing on it...  weak production n bland ass hook, but kim's verses are solid.  The sound quality is a mess but it's like the pop music fan community just doesn't get what's going on.

This is not about billboard, or charting...  hip-hop has always had a strong competitive component, with boasting, bragging, n battling being the respected norms.

When i try to defend certain fanbases' perspectives on hip-hop forums, i get responses like this:  "they're all pop fan f******s, are you surprised?"

and it's not like i agree with that...u could be into pop and not hip-hop and still understand the culture of it, instead of calling the less "pop"-ular one "pressed."

here's another quote from a hip-hop forum...

"Nicki is STILL dissin Kim on most (if not ALL) the tracks she's been on. I JUST DONT understand the one sided ****. It's fine for Nicki to pop **** n say these b---hes is washed blah, blah, blah.  But when Kim replies or defends herself, they say she's bitter or hatin.... I swear I would never understand that Bullsh**."

Like...just stop the double standards n learn something about Hip-Hop.

PS:  I guarantee the amount of likes for the top comment alone outnumbers the amount of ppl on here saying Kim is "pressed" -  https://www.facebook.com/Billboard/posts/10152594348079581

noone is discounting lil kim icon status or what have you. i actually liked lil kim myself back in the day.and if one of her songs came on the radio, i would still bump to it. but this beef has been dead/tired for months whats the point of bringing it back up again? the only reason i can think of is publicity. 

if lil kim was smart, she would be trying to do a song with nicki, not fight with her. but that ship has long sailed.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
destructivelove

this is horrible. sounds lke she recorded the song on a flip phone or something. prob. all she can afford now. #TracPhone

THIS... like atleast Stupid Hoe came for her with a vengeance... "I'm Angelina, you Jennifer, come on b---h you see where Brad at"  only here for Lil Kim if she can release something monumental besides this cheap sounding tired uninteresting crap

HausAlly

kim back in the day was so cool and and on top of her music, now her life literally revolves around Nicki, everything she does is a reaction to Nicki and she did this to herself, instead of making good music she makes diss tracks about Nicki, Seriously what number is this 956? :coffee:

Kimberly Jones its been like 4 years its time to let this Nicki Minaj thing go.

This!

kim back in the day was so cool and and on top of her music, now her life literally revolves around Nicki, everything she does is a reaction to Nicki and she did this to herself, instead of making good music she makes diss tracks about Nicki, Seriously what number is this 956? :coffee:

This!

guess i gotta keep repeating it (this is prob how kim feels lol)... nicki has been NAMING kim in songs since 2003 and continues to throw jabs in almost EVERYTHING she releases.   kim hasn't gone at nicki even a fraction of the times that the reverse has happened.

u can read my "tirade" at the top of this page....

and even become a lil more informed by watching this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRMujDFsnxA

and if u wanna know how the GP outside of the pop forums feels about this, check out the comments on the Billboard post about this...

https://www.facebook.com/Billboard/posts/10152594348079581

HausAlly

guess i gotta keep repeating it (this is prob how kim feels lol)... nicki has been NAMING kim in songs since 2003 and continues to throw jabs in almost EVERYTHING she releases.   kim hasn't gone at nicki even a fraction of the times that the reverse has happened.

u can read my "tirade" at the top of this page....

and even become a lil more informed by watching this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRMujDFsnxA

and if u wanna know how the GP outside of the pop forums feels about this, check out the comments on the Billboard post about this...

https://www.facebook.com/Billboard/posts/10152594348079581

i agree with you about Nicki she does go in on kim alot too, but from what i have seen and heard of this beef it has mainly been Kim, but anyways i dont wanna point fingers they both need to stop this stupidity and learn to share a playing field

i agree with you about Nicki she does go in on kim alot too, but from what i have seen and heard of this beef it has mainly been Kim, but anyways i dont wanna point fingers they both need to stop this stupidity and learn to share a playing field

they DO need to learn to share a playing field...but the boasting, bragging, competitiveness, etc. is part of hip-hop culture (it should never be personal tho).  however, the situation between these two IS really personal (most of the evidence is in the vid) n kim has endless reasons to be as upset as she is.

i DO think kim needs to focus on gettin her team right, makin music that doesn't focus on nicki, with better production, etc.  but i dont expect her to not bark back, so to speak, considering she's a hip-hop artist.

HausAlly

they DO need to learn to share a playing field...but the boasting, bragging, competitiveness, etc. is part of hip-hop culture (it should never be personal tho).  however, the situation between these two IS really personal (most of the evidence is in the vid) n kim has endless reasons to be as upset as she is.

i DO think kim needs to focus on gettin her team right, makin music that doesn't focus on nicki, with better production, etc.  but i dont expect her to not bark back, so to speak, considering she's a hip-hop artist.

I just watched that video, its really interesting like half the **** Nicki has said about Kim i had no idea about, but yeah They should keep their individual music to themselves, i agree with the boasting in hip-hop should not be personal, they both need to get their Music on track and kinda ignore the little things that try to bring them down

I just watched that video, its really interesting like half the **** Nicki has said about Kim i had no idea about, but yeah They should keep their individual music to themselves, i agree with the boasting in hip-hop should not be personal, they both need to get their Music on track and kinda ignore the little things that try to bring them down

ive just wanted some of the kim bashers to at least be more aware of the full situation (if theyre interested enough to comment) and def appreciate your perspective n that u took the time to look into it a lil.

im not even THAT much of a kim fan anymore (look @ my avi)...and i dont care if ppl like her music or not.  and i know that nicki is talented in her own right and i would never say otherwise.  but as u saw in the vid, im sure anyone in kim's shoes would be just as pissed.

HausAlly

ive just wanted some of the kim bashers to at least be more aware of the full situation (if theyre interested enough to comment) and def appreciate your perspective n that u took the time to look into it a lil.

im not even THAT much of a kim fan anymore (look @ my avi)...and i dont care if ppl like her music or not.  and i know that nicki is talented in her own right and i would never say otherwise.  but as u saw in the vid, im sure anyone in kim's shoes would be just as pissed.

i think its important especially in situations like this that people know the full story, ive just gotten into hip-hop myself so im starting to get into Kim and Nicki ect., but i have loved Azealia banks for the Longest time, i had her in my avi for like half a year before i changed it to just gaga :spin:

i think its important especially in situations like this that people know the full story, ive just gotten into hip-hop myself so im starting to get into Kim and Nicki ect., but i have loved Azealia banks for the Longest time, i had her in my avi for like half a year before i changed it to just gaga :spin:

haha, cool...... havent seen u in her base thread... stop in sometime.

tumblr_mc5v5y3MTC1qgbguro5_250.gif

yeah going at kim since 2003 is a bit nutty...  ;)

Bebe

This is an interesting article on the subject: http://www.vibe.com/article/opinion-real-reason-lil-kim-dissing-nicki-minaj

"Sure, Lil’ Kim probably took exception to Nicki’s gratuitous Biggie-like grunts on “Flawless (Remix).†And she’s always argued that Ms. Minaj’s derriere is parked on the throne that Kim once squatted on exclusively, courtesy of a Xeroxed persona (i.e. Black Barbie, Queen Bee, etc.). Plus, Nicki just literally flipped Lil’ Kim’s iconic Hard Core pose for the jaw-dropping artwork to her new single, “Anaconda.â€

But the real reason Kim is back in Killer Bee mode has nothing to do with Nicki Minaj.

This is about Remy.

All eyes and ears have been on the Bronx bomber since she’s come home from serving seven years in prison. And she’s quickly quieted speculation of any Shyne-like lyrical attrition by stepping into Khaled’s booth and airing out the “They Don't Love You No More†instrumental.

So now we have Nicki Minaj on three of the most important pop (“Bang Bangâ€), hip-hop (“Anacondaâ€) and R&B (“Flawless (Remix)â€) songs of the summer, a fresh-out Remy Ma foaming at the mouth, and plastic Australian sensation Iggy Azalea playing dress-up as a Dirty South rap empress. Remy wants to all three to jump on a track.

And where does this leave rap’s original Marilyn Monroe, Lil’ Kim? See that squinty-eyed speck in the rear-view mirror? Yeah.

With Nicki, Iggy and Remy all cornering a fraction of music’s water cooler convos, there’s now a legit musical chairs showdown for lady lyricists, and Lil’ Kim ain’t trying to be the last chick standing.

Iggy's credibility problem doesn't make her a worthwhile target. And while Kim and Remy have had their issues in the past, a renewed rivalry with Terror Squad’s forever first lady is futile. With one Khaled-sponsored track, Rem is already winning because, really, who doesn’t love a comeback story?

So of course Kim’s got her stinger erect for Nicki’s neck.

But here’s the thing: Kim’s shouldn’t have to fight for her rightful pin drop on the rap map. She’s already a legend whose paved the way for every modern MC of the double-x chromosome set. Sure her thirsty on-wax antics and cosmetic, um, enhancements, haven’t helped her build that public perception of immortal rap sovereign. But she should be respected as an Air Jordan of women rappers, Wizards jersey and all.

Jay Z garners that respect. Bun B, Snoop and Nas, too. So why not Kim?

Perhaps Foxy Brown and Lil Kim’s s-xually liberated hip-hop arrival in the mid-’90s had an unintended side effect, creating a cycle where we boost the most seductive women rappers like a push-up bra and then drop them like DMX on that Slingshot ride once they’re older and (ir)regular-looking and have run out of Blackberry phones to throw at people.

That would explainâ€â€outside of her obvious historical epicnessâ€â€why Lauryn Hill, a rapper who’s never leaned on an overs-xualized shtick, is still invited to open day two of this year’s OVO Fest despite speeding through her Miseducation tracks like she’s auditioning to join Bone Thugs-n-Harmony. Two of L-Boogie’s classics have been revived for J. Cole and Drake fan faves. Kim is out here fighting for your attention like a middle child."

Archived