💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Music Industry Is Literally Brainwashing You to Like Bad Pop Songs

Antichrist

Featured Posts

Psychedelic

Wow. I couldn't disagree more with this. If there is a song on the radio I mildly dislike, or am indifferent to, repeated exposure just makes me hate it! 

mte!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dangerous Man

Lol, I can like what I want and that doesnt mean I am being brainwashed.

We have different standards on what is a good or bad pop song so that's BS.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Psychedelic

not the ppl in a gaga fanbase site calling prism a flop when its one of the highest selling albums of the year and has the two biggest hits of the two previous seasons roar and dark horse. the hatred and delusion is getting out of hand in this base. oh well :)

and not ppl in here believing that pop is basic when we admire gaga I mean WOW LOL

:tea:

Gaga's defenitely one of the most talented and true creative pop stars ever, but I don't get why some fans feel as if they listened to very sophisticated music.

Why aren't they having fan wars at a Classical Music forum or something like that, instead of discussing Katy Perry restlessly around here?  :toofloppy:

Gaga is better pop than most generic stuff but makes popular commercial music at the end of the day.  :dead:

Dangerous Man

not the ppl in a gaga fanbase site calling prism a flop when its one of the highest selling albums of the year and has the two biggest hits of the two previous seasons roar and dark horse. the hatred and delusion is getting out of hand in this base. oh well :)

and not ppl in here believing that pop is basic when we admire gaga I mean WOW LOL

And ppl here are complaining about exhalers always hating Gaga when this fanbase are always hating Katy. Lol.

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

Cody Draco

Too bad I don't even listen to the radio and I hate the majority of what charts well these days. :awkney:

Antichrist

It makes total sense. I review albums as a hobby and I witness a lot of rubbish, I can tell you. And because I've listened to the albums in full, I'll be aware of these songs before they become singles. In the time it takes for them to become singles, I may listen to the worst of the worst occasionally because I get a weird sort of delight from listening to terrible music. It's in the same way people enjoy bad movies because they're "interesting bad." It means that by the time they become singles and become successful, I've built up somewhat of a relationship with them. That alone makes them more tolerable than they were the first time I listened to them. Don't get me wrong, I still find them bad, but not as unbearably bad as they were the first couple of listens. I'm currently in that zone with Anaconda and This Is How We Do. In Katy's case, I'm feeling almost sorry for her because she's had her second flop in a row and she's no longer the threat that she was just two years ago. It means I no longer see her songs as a challenge to my other faves like I used to, so I view her songs in a different light. I think that part about how hearing the song everywhere can make you associate it with good times, which is why songs in the summer tend to be huge, because people will hear them on the radio on the way to beach/barbecue/party/carnival and if they go to a tourist resort on holiday, they'll probably hear them in the bars and clubs in the area. They'll remember those hazy, lazy, fun-filled days of summer whenever these songs come on and grow to love them purely for the nostalgia they induce.

I don't think this is really a bash at pop, it's just using pop as an example because that's still the dominant genre of the moment. But yes, I think the story's the same no matter which genre's popular. I think this article has now made it clearer to me why radio can continue to support generic songs even if they're flopping - they're hoping if people just hear them enough times, they'll grow to like them. I guess it also explains why a lot of songs can take a long time to go to #1 in America and once they finally make it, they stay there for weeks - repeated exposure is the name of the game.

The tea has been spilled.

+Nobody here is hating, it's just an article. If you're that defensive about this, then that pretty much proves the point :awkney:

Archived