Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Music Industry Is Literally Brainwashing You to Like Bad Pop Songs

Antichrist

Featured Posts

ItsTommyBitch

nnnn @ the katy shade

I use <3

I c u :hor:

I guess i just really hate the whole anti pop attitude the article portrays. The title alone suggested that it would be biased and it was after I read it :deadbanana:

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Antichrist

so whats the excuse for no one buying Birthday  :hor:

Must we have Katy shade in every single ****ing thread. Seriously grow up. Cant wait for the day mods decide to give out bans & wps for such childish behaviour.

I c u :hor:

I guess i just really hate the whole anti pop attitude the article portrays. The title alone suggested that it would be biased and it was after I read it :deadbanana:

Yeah but it could basically apply to every genre. The article is just based on pop music, since it's most listened to etc etc.

Benji

I'm not even reading that and I'm getting out the thread before the delusion starts about this is why ARTPOP underperformed :later:

Typical pop music basically follows rules, it has to be memorable, easy to learn, and catchy. It's what our minds like and that's not a trick, you're simply inclined to like it more.

SlayedForTheGod

Must we have Katy shade in every single ****ing thread. Seriously grow up. Cant wait for the day mods decide to give out bans & wps for such childish behaviour.

LOL. Guys I need to grow up cause I made a shadey joke. OMG this is the observation i've been waiting for my whole life. I'm gonna go get help now.  :toofloppy:

ItsTommyBitch

Yeah but it could basically apply to every genre. The article is just based on pop music, since it's most listened to etc etc.

The fact that pop music is popular alone breeds such ignorant and hateful attitudes towards it... In terms of the article, biased feelings build biased articles with unclear intentions -- so I find the article to be ineffective and misleading.

The only sound part of it to me that is applicable is that exposure or repeated plays of a song or.. really anything... can make a song grow on you. However that doesn't work with every song and people are not "that" similar.

The article says this "It seems then that people can easily mistake the fluidity of their ability to identify and fully comprehend a song with actually liking it." and theres a little bit to that, but understanding the science behind something doesnt have to diminish the fact that you like it. Some people may just like a song because its catchy, and theres nothing wrong with that at all. You don't have to have a--lyzed and fully comprehended a song, its structure, lyrics, instrumentation, arrangement, production, people involved, etc etc. etc. To actually "like" a song and it just seems a bit elitist to me :P

Its that most people don't say this about other genres of music where its entirely possible that the same exposure effect is applicable that irks me as well X_X

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Ladey Gagz

:awkney:
Is this some kind of delusional theory like the illuminati or?

Just with that title, I know I won't be reading dat

MahoganySnitch

I'm imagining Kourtney Kardashian saying the title :deadbanana:

One Five Ten

No, because I hate most of what's on radio. I get what they're trying to say, but I brainwash myself into loving the music I like. I put on something that I think I'll like in the background at first and then I start loving a song.

The decay has started. The industry has milked this puppet for as long as they can now they are preparing to tear her down. I'd feel bad for her if I thought she deserved it.

LostBoyfriend

Like Aquaprincess said I wasnt brain washed but you tend to like the song because of something yours.

In my case I´m starting to like This Is How We Do eventhough at first i said it was a completly BS and totally not art but now i like it now

PaperIz

i can see their point, but i wasnt brainwashed to like "fancy" i loved it right out the gate. and i still bop to it. i love artistic songs but sometimes i just wanna listen to a song that doesnt make me think and I can bop, sing or dance to. not every song needs to be deep thinking or mean some thing so complicated. nor should it.

This all the way. People just wanna find reasons to discredit pop music. There is some truth to it, I will admit but if someone doesn't like it then they don't like it lol.

Elizabeth

Musical Stockholm syndrome is probably a bit harsh :smh:

I get where they're coming from though, but oh well Idc if I like "bad pop songs". A bad song is subjective anyway.

Archived