• Created
  • Last Reply
WhiteStripes

If only Flawless were on itunes, she'd have the top 3 locked to herself

this!

WhiteStripes

Iggy who?

tumblr_mc3r2fHx8L1reslf1o2_500.gif

Don't bring Iggy into this. This is a thread to celebrate Nicki not bash Iggy. 

:)

Martijn

Yes she is, it's Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj. Not Jessie J featuring Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj. The label are releasing it as a joint single between all 3 as it's on both Jessie's and Ariana's albums, and still to be confirmed with Nicki's.

She is ! 

That's not a 'Jessie J (feat. Ariana and Nicki)' that's 'Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Nicki Minaj'

That's so weird... Jessie is obviously singing lead in the choruses

Bebe

Getting a #1 on itunes isn't such a big deal, longevity is what's all about. 

Let's see how long she'll stay there :reductive:

Not you thinking longevity is about how many weeks one of your singles can stay #1 on itunes :smh:

Levine

Also, the first female rapper to hit #1 on iTunes with a solo single

She is even the first female rapper with dark hair to hit #1

She is even the first female, black, rapper with and "N" in her name, to hit #1.

These records  :dies:

You know they're worthless when you have to put "solo" or "female" to break them. 

monketsharona

Not you thinking longevity is about how many weeks one of your singles can stay #1 on itunes :smh:

You're right but that's still an achievement to reach #1 ! Reaching #1 on Itunes would be a dream for a lot of pop stars nowadays  :lolgaga:

Fizzy

Already dethroned. :rip:

At least she got her record.

Lecrae - All I Need Is you #1

“The scars on my mind are on Replay”

....a female rapper has really never been #1? really? wow. that's some bull**** get with it america. 

As a SOLO female rapper on iTunes, yes, Nicki's the first one. Even during her Super Bass / Starships days, Nicki failed to do it. Until Bang Bang hit #1 last week and stayed there for an entire week, and now followed by Anaconda. 

But anyway on the HOT 100, there have been already five female rappers who technically reached the #1 spot, either as the lead / featured (Lauryn Hill in 1998, Lil' Kim in 2001, Shawnna in 2003, Remy Ma in 2004, and this year's Iggy Azalea). If radio picks this up, then Nicki would have the chance to become the 6th overall (5th to be credited by Billboard since Remy Ma was uncredited); 3rd as a lead, sans group collabs; and the second ever as a solo lead. Congrats to all of her fans! 

Levine

She got that #1 because she's half naked on the cover and the song is s-xually explicit (and vulgar). You ain't going nowhere with that.

Bebe

You're right but that's still an achievement to reach #1 ! Reaching #1 on Itunes would be a dream for a lot of pop stars nowadays  :lolgaga:

I wouldn't take that achievement away from her! It's an amazing achievement and Nicki is very talented. I'm sure she will have longevity in her career, not sure if that means Anaconda will be number one for 2, 3, 4 weeks though :P

Jenniferella

Can I ask what this song is about ?

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

No Angel

Goor for Nicki. Now I'm looking at you Beyoncé... release the goddamn Flawless remix and she'll have it on lock. Maybe she's waiting for the supposed video to come out.. eh, my fav never does anything right anymore. :fail:

As a SOLO female rapper on iTunes, yes, Nicki's the first one. Even during her Super Bass / Starships days, Nicki failed to do it. Until Bang Bang hit #1 last week and stayed there for an entire week, and now followed by Anaconda. 

But anyway on the HOT 100, there have been already five female rappers who technically reached the #1 spot, either as the lead / featured (Lauryn Hill in 1998, Lil' Kim in 2001, Shawnna in 2003, Remy Ma in 2004, and this year's Iggy Azalea). If radio picks this up, then Nicki would have the chance to become the 6th overall (5th to be credited by Billboard since Remy Ma was uncredited); 3rd as a lead, sans group collabs; and the second ever as a solo lead. Congrats to all of her fans! 

You listing Shawnna and Remy has got me feeling too old right now. I remember seeing their videos on BET every friday afternoon after getting out of school. Good Lord. :rip:

She got that #1 because she's half naked on the cover and the song is s-xually explicit (and vulgar). You ain't going nowhere with that.

Sex sells of course, but a lot of people have had risky single covers and their song never took off.. They don't have to buy the single to fap to the artwork. Let's be real, majority of her tracks are vulgar, too.

Levine

she's got two songs in the top 5 on iTunes and you're spreading negativity with your bitter attitude like just stop.

Negativity? Bitter attitude?

Is saying what you're think about a topic "spreading negativity"?

And btw, the other song is up there thanks to Ariana. Otherwise Nicki would have got that #1 with her lead, flop, single. 

Levine

Sex sells of course, but a lot of people have had risky single covers and their song never took off.. They don't have to buy the single to fap to the artwork. Let's be real.

She's #1 because the cover went viral due the fact she has her plastic and fake ass on hit. Let's be real. 

If people were here for her and just here, tell me why pills and potions is the biggest flop of the year.

Archived