• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Art

-

ARTPOP would be the best thing in the world if it was a visual album

But there's no way songs like Fashion!, ARTPOP and Swine become singles

Pain of fame1

No way. The only single worthy tracks are Applause, DWUW, and Gypsy.

Radio rejected G.U.Y. No matter how it could've been handled it would never take off without radio support. Radio would NOT support the other songs either.

Urban radio doesn't play songs with the lead artist being a white pop star. That's just truth.

Please don't mix single worthy songs and songs that could be hits when the album was released. Almost all the songs ( Maybe JnD and ARTPOP are exceptions) are single worthy. But not all of them could be hits in 2013-2014.

For example, Aura, G.U.Y and maybe Venus would have smashed if released in 2012 but they wouldn't be hits if released today.

Pain of fame1

I'd love to see that, I was thinking about that

ย 

Every song deserves to be a single in my mind

Arturo

Please don't mix single worthy songs and songs that could be hits when the album was released. Almost all the songs ( Maybe JnD and ARTPOP are exceptions) are single worthy. But not all of them could be hits in 2013-2014.

For example, Aura, G.U.Y and maybe Venus would have smashed if released in 2012 but they wouldn't be hits if released today.

Aura and GUY would not have smashed in 2012. They're much too unrelatable and weird. Sometimes you need to take your stan glasses off and realize that these songs aren't enjoyable for the masses and are major turn offs.

Pain of fame1

Aura and GUY would not have smashed in 2012. They're much too unrelatable and weird. Sometimes you need to take your stan glasses off and realize that these songs aren't enjoyable for the masses and are major turn offs.

Okay you are a professional manager who nows perfeclty the trends nowadays and is convinced that ARTPOP has only 3 hits.

Hexxx

No way. The only single worthy tracks are Applause, DWUW, and Gypsy.

Radio rejected G.U.Y. No matter how it could've been handled it would never take off without radio support. Radio would NOT support the other songs either.

Urban radio doesn't play songs with the lead artist being a white pop star. That's just truth.

only if they were white R&B artists. Plus DWUW played A lot on my urban radio station.

And not to mention Rihanna and Beyonce :derpga:

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Arturo

only if they were white R&B artists. Plus DWUW played A lot on my urban radio station.

And not to mention Rihanna and Beyonce :derpga:

Do What U Want received no Urban airplay.

You must be confusing that station with a Rhythmic station. Rhythmic is a format that fuses Top 40 and Urban but still leans towards Top 40 the most.

Archived