Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

VIDEO: Rihanna gets angry at fans

Whiskey Mouth

Featured Posts

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bumblebee

She's NOTHING like Britney, Britney is a puppet all around, Rihanna is not... once again you don't know what you're talking about and you think you do.

Her impact has been huge, she's more like the black Madonna. Get real, there's no denying her star power. While you sit at home and hate on her she's going to make more money in the next month on her sold out stadium tour with Eminem than you will in your entire life.

Those are just some of many of Queen Fenty's accomplishments so continue to be a bitter prick at her it's not gonna stop her from continuing to rule the world :)

I don't think those accomplishments are the reasons for considering Rihanna to be the "black Madonna". Although Madonna enjoyed the commercial success in the 80s, there were constantly bands and solo acts outselling her, such as Def Leppard, Bruce Springsteen, Whitney Houston, Guns'n'Roses, AC/DC and Michael Jackson.  

The reason for Madonna being a cultural royalty is not her commercial success, which is undeniable though, but the amount of times she took risks and pushed the boundaries and limits of what's allowed and what's "too far".

Her "Like a Virgin" performance at the MTV VMA ceremony was groundbreaking at that times because it was seen as too vulgar.

Her "Like a Prayer" music video was honestly one of the craziest videos ever, because to include the images of a burning Christian cross into a music video in the 80s when the american society was still religious and sometimes even puritan

Her book "SEX" certainly raised a pair of eyebrows due to its controversial context

Not to mention that most of her tours (no MDNA shade intended) are memorable not because of their gross, but because Madonna and her team continuously raised the bar with what a good pop show should look like. 

I enjoy Rihanna's music, but while Madonna is a cultural icon because she was never afraid to take risks and commit actions that could end up with both, success and failure, Rihanna is mostly remembered because of her radio hits, Chris Brown scandal, constant hair colour changes and s-xy pictures in instagram. That's a bit different from Madonna.  

I don't think those accomplishments are the reasons for considering Rihanna to be the "black Madonna". Although Madonna enjoyed the commercial success in the 80s, there were constantly bands and solo acts outselling her, such as Def Leppard, Bruce Springsteen, Whitney Houston, Guns'n'Roses, AC/DC and Michael Jackson.  

The reason for Madonna being a cultural royalty is not her commercial success, which is undeniable though, but the amount of times she took risks and pushed the boundaries and limits of what's allowed and what's "too far".

Her "Like a Virgin" performance at the MTV VMA ceremony was groundbreaking at that times because it was seen as too vulgar.

Her "Like a Prayer" music video was honestly one of the craziest videos ever, because to include the images of a burning Christian cross into a music video in the 80s when the american society was still religious and sometimes even puritan

Her book "SEX" certainly raised a pair of eyebrows due to its controversial context

Not to mention that most of her tours (no MDNA shade intended) are memorable not because of their gross, but because Madonna and her team continuously raised the bar with what a good pop show should look like. 

I enjoy Rihanna's music, but while Madonna is a cultural icon because she was never afraid to take risks and commit actions that could end up with both, success and failure, Rihanna is mostly remembered because of her radio hits, Chris Brown scandal, constant hair colour changes and s-xy pictures in instagram. That's a bit different from Madonna.

Yes, madonnas made an impact like no other, she's a legend but rihanna is today's Madonna. She's the risk taker of this generation and a cultural icon to this generation.

Robotboy

that talking voice :rofl:

but ugh she seems like a rude person but i would also be annoyed with fans. so much respect for gaga for not freaking out on you guys.

Yes, madonnas made an impact like no other, she's a legend but rihanna is today's Madonna. She's the risk taker of this generation and a cultural icon to this generation.

and lmfao at this^

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Teal Ambition

Oh god. This is why I would hate to be famous. I couldnt handle all the people and screaming. I would probably end up losing it lol

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

Robotboy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJTSMV5lSw

I know the bodygaurd was the one who pushed the fan but she didn't seem to care too much when she kept walking. :shrug:

she had no idea what was going on until they pushed her forward lol but that video is iconic

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Paper Gangsta

Well of course. That's the Navy M.O. Ignore the fact that she has no important accomplishments. She's the black Britney. No real musical accomplishments. Just a tabloid fixture. No musical ability. Very little input into her very "personal" output.  Absolutely no impact whatsoever in her actual field. Slay.

lol, so she is back britney just because she doesn't write her stuff? Beyonce doesn't either so we can call her black britney too?

bumblebee

I have got no intention to be rude and I acknowledge that Rihanna is playing in the Pop Super League, but there is a huge difference between being a pop music icon and a cultural icon, let alone the "cultural icon to this generation".

Rihanna is at 9.9 M albums sold in the USA alone, and with the next album she will pass the 10M landmark and join the elite club of female singers who have amassed 10M album copies in the USA. But what contribution has she made to the music industry? What has she brought to the pop culture? What trends has she set?

And I am asking this kindly because I love some of Rihanna's songs, but I don't need a list of her awards and sales numbers, because there are many Grammy winners and there are many good selling artists of the past who are not remembered today. What makes you think that Rihanna has landed such an impact to the culture to be considered "this generation's black Madonna" ?  

Fan or not, I won't really hold it against her. Sometimes we just are not in the mood, and you can't really blame her for occasionally reacting this way.

While Gaga would probably never do this, we shouldn't expect every other celebrity to act in the same way. Instead, we should be thankful that Gaga is so kind. :)

thefamebitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOJTSMV5lSw

I know the bodygaurd was the one who pushed the fan but she didn't seem to care too much when she kept walking. :shrug:

He came SPRINTING at her.  The body guard doesn't care if it's a fan, there isn't time for "what-ifs" theres only one job for the body guards and that's to protect her at all costs.  That's what she is paying them so much for.  They don't have time to see if he's holding a sharpie or a knife, they don't take chances for a reason.

Archived