💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MTV on Katy Perry's new video: Her ARTPOP could mean anything

Henry

Featured Posts

Haroon

I don't see how this is her being ARTPOP at all :confused: Dresses that are colour blocked like that have existed for ages :huh:

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neptune

It's actually a pretty sophisticated reference, though. The dress is a reference to Yves Saint Laurent's iconic 1965 Piet Mondrian inspired collection. 

T.369-1974_mondrian_1000px.jpg

Pretty sure it's a clear reference to Mondrian's painting:

mondrian+grid.jpg

At least it looks a lot more like it.

Pierre

forthcoming “This Is How We Do†video

1. roar

2. uncon...

3. dark horse

4. birthday

5. tihwd

#Justice4Birthday 

❝Is not blue, not turquoise, not lapis. It's actually cerulean❞.

Henry

I don't see how this is her being ARTPOP at all :confused: Dresses that are colour blocked like that have existed for ages :huh:

Google Piet Mondrian and you'll see

Pretty sure it's a clear reference to Mondrian's painting:

mondrian+grid.jpg

At least it looks a lot more like it.

The collection had several dresses, all with different designs inspired by different Mondrian paintings. It's pretty hard to make a modern Mondrian-inspired dress and not trace it back to YSL originally.

tumblr_lwlc9202tU1qf6jy9o1_500.jpg

Omg aren't y'all tired of this? Like seriously Gags' career has been tried to be destroyed TONS of times since she started by telling she copied other artists, and you guys are doing the same with Katy. Gaga isn't the first singer ever to be eccentric and dress up, I mean if there's a webpage called BjörkDaily there must be tons of threads about Gaga copying her, so before accusing whoever of plagiarism first think that Gaga has been really harm by this kind of criticism

Valextra

She's trying so hard not to be basic that's it's just making her seem more basic :rip:

Total this.

2532480-0763114528-1zea1.gif

Spock

ishe's wearing a painting tho, kinda like when Gaga wore the Mona Lisa or when she dressed up as Dalí :rofl:

The Mona Lisa poncho :legend:

But I think the dress isn't just a painting-dress, it's an dress Yves Saint Laurent he designed back in the day. It wasn't in latex though :rip:

who will love me when the night is over

Azor Ahai

Omg aren't y'all tired of this? Like seriously Gags' career has been tried to be destroyed TONS of times since she started by telling she copied other artists, and you guys are doing the same with Katy. Gaga isn't the first singer ever to be eccentric and dress up, I mean if there's a webpage called BjörkDaily there must be tons of threads about Gaga copying her, so before accusing whoever of plagiarism first think that Gaga has been really harm by this kind of criticism

Well Katy shaded Gaga so many times in her interviews and acts like a bitc.h on twitter saying she deserves more awards.

Gaga has been getting shi.tty treatment from MTV and other sites so it's her turn.

Neptune

The collection had several dresses, all with different designs inspired by different paintings. It's pretty hard to make a modern Mondrian-inspired dress and not trace it back to YSL originally.

The original painting was by Mondrian. YSL had nothing to do with Katy's reference... That's like ignoring the main source for the dress.

Archived