💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

New York Times: Beyonce is not a fashion icon!

Bebe

Featured Posts

Chic

This!

I do respect her but the way people talk about her would make her seem like the greatest human being ever. It's cringe worthy and i find myself disliking her because of the way people bow down to her.

I agree. I like Beyoncé, but her fans make it so difficult to like her sometimes. We all talk about how we love our artists to be humble yet Beyoncé is anything but, and between joking and serious claims that she's comparable to God it's nearly impossible to have a constructive conversation with a Beyoncé fan because the expectations of your enjoyment of her music, image and personality are astoundingly high.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Neptune

Are you really going to make me sit here and pull out receipts like Say my Name, Dreamgirls, Glastonbury performance, collaboration with Gaga, her documentary or her self titled album? Let's not. 

Don't think it's cute that you are trying to move the posts either. First of all she has no iconic moments and now according to you she has at least three iconic moments and that's still not enough. 

Deny all you want, but she has already proven she is an icon. Everyone from Adele to Lady Gaga to Rihanna site her as an influence and she is still slaying.

From my post: "Maybe a song or two when she was with DC, but what else?"

Bebe

From my post: "Maybe a song or two when she was with DC, but what else?"

Right.... Which is why I responded with Crazy in Love, Single Ladies,Dreamgirls, Glastonbury performance, collaboration with Gaga, her documentary or her self titled album and why I mentioned a few of the big-name artists who have cited her as a major influence. 

I mean you have already been proven wrong so :shrug:

Nice convo

beyonce-grammy-o.gif

Neptune

Right.... Which is why I responded with Crazy in Love, Single Ladies,Dreamgirls, Glastonbury performance, collaboration with Gaga, her documentary or her self titled album and why I mentioned a few of the big-name artists who have cited her as a major influence. 

I mean you have already been proven wrong so :shrug:

Nice convo

beyonce-grammy-o.gif

Riiiiight :lmao:

MelbHawker

I wouldn't call her a fashion icon. NYT are 100% correct in stating this. 

disneyhigh

I love Beyonce so much but it's so laughable that black people use her as one of them. Yes she's black but sometimes I feel like she doesn't want to be. Have you guys seen the beginning of the partition video? OMG she looks so light, I understand she's light skin but she was on the verge of passing off as a white women. There's also rumors of her not letting photographers photograph her unless she's the right shade. Like one step away from being white. I mean, I love her and all but her little blonde hair and almost  white skin that consistently gets lighter and lighter every year irks me. 

don't come for me please..just stating my opinion. also I don't think she's a fashion icon LOL 

Riiiiight :lmao:

You're not seriously trying to deny that Beyonce is a worldwide, iconic superstar, are you?  Whatever one's personal opinion on her body of work, calling her anything other than that is delusional.  We don't need to sit here and go through her entire discography of hits over the past two decades for you to catch a clue.

Neptune

You're not seriously trying to deny that Beyonce is a worldwide, iconic superstar, are you?  Whatever one's personal opinion on her body of work, calling her anything other than that is delusional.  We don't need to sit here and go through her entire discography of hits over the past two decades for you to catch a clue.

:rip:

Guest Grown Woman

She may not be a fashion icon, but designers love her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWDhwdyDGB8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9b_y6Zyrs0

I love Beyonce so much but it's so laughable that black people use her as one of them. Yes she's black but sometimes I feel like she doesn't want to be. Have you guys seen the beginning of the partition video? OMG she looks so light, I understand she's light skin but she was on the verge of passing off as a white women. There's also rumors of her not letting photographers photograph her unless she's the right shade. Like one step away from being white. I mean, I love her and all but her little blonde hair and almost white skin that consistently gets lighter and lighter every year irks me.

don't come for me please..just stating my opinion. also I don't think she's a fashion icon LOL

Yes, thats why she so proud of said that shes a black woman, she has a song called Black Culture and shes into african culture right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy5yeEa1dLs

I agree. I like Beyoncé, but her fans make it so difficult to like her sometimes. We all talk about how we love our artists to be humble yet Beyoncé is anything but, and between joking and serious claims that she's comparable to God it's nearly impossible to have a constructive conversation with a Beyoncé fan because the expectations of your enjoyment of her music, image and personality are astoundingly high.

Oh please, every fan base is the same. Let's not talk about how LM thinks thay Gaga invented everything.

Chic

She may not be a fashion icon, but designers love her

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWDhwdyDGB8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9b_y6Zyrs0

Yes, thats why she so proud of said that shes a black woman, she has a song called Black Culture and shes into african culture right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vy5yeEa1dLs

Oh please, every fan base is the same. Let's not talk about how LM thinks thay Gaga invented everything.

They do. So does the Britney fanbase. Many of them do. That does not invalidate my original statement.

Guest Grown Woman

They do. So does the Britney fanbase. Many of them do. That does not invalidate my original statement.

Yes, it does.

Chic

Yes, it does.

Beyoncé is one of the few pop stars with a huge fanbase who acts as conceited as the praise she gets from her fans. She is not humble. With some stars, you can look past their fans' personalities and listen to their music and them, but with Beyoncé, her conceit is plastered all over her and her lyrics.

You are clearly a biased Beyoncé fan as much as I am a biased Beyoncé non-fan (although I do like some of her songs), so there's no point even arguing this with you. You're as infatuated with her as I have claimed her other fans to be, and your denial of this is only proving my point that it is impossible to constructively debate anything with some Beyoncé fans regarding her. The mentality is this: if you don't like Beyoncé, you're wrong. I don't debate with people who believe that.

HarryTheNight

She wasn't even considered an icon before her latest album, so. All I know is that she's boring in every sense of the word. At least to me. There's nothing inspiring, iconic or interesting in her.

agree!

Archived