Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

New York Times: Beyonce is not a fashion icon!

Bebe

Featured Posts

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kermit the frog

She wasn't even considered an icon before her latest album, so. All I know is that she's boring in every sense of the word. At least to me. There's nothing inspiring, iconic or interesting in her.

I admire Beyonce for her talent, but I have to agree with this.

She might be a legend, but there's rly nothing iconic about her when you think about it.

Neptune

stop digging your hole...the only "fool" is you. Beyonce has been an international superstar since 2003-2004 and many people have seen her as an icon since Single Ladies. Even during 4 she was one of the biggest stars on the planet. Everyone knows her, nobody else is in her league...comparing her to Katy is laughable.

:lmao:

Neptune

I admire Beyonce for her talent, but I have to agree with this.

She might be a legend, but there's rly nothing iconic about her when you think about it.

I know right? There's nothing iconic about her. No iconic performances, or dresses, or moments. She was musically successful with her latest album, but that was it. Who the hell remembers anything from 4 or before that? Maybe a song or two when she was with DC, but what else? Even her Super Bowl performance had nothing memorable or special... Just because she's selling well, doesn't mean she's iconic. And yes, she's comparable to Katy Perry when it comes to cultural impact. What do we remember of Katy Perry? Whipped cream coming out of her boobs? Naked over cotton-candy? Her ridiculous yellow cube at the VMAs? I mean really.

Kermit the frog

I know right? There's nothing iconic about her. No iconic performances, or dresses, or moments. She was musically successful with her latest album, but that was it. Who the hell remember anything from 4? Even her Super Bowl performance had nothing memorable or special... Just because she's selling well, doesn't mean she's iconic. And yes, she's comparable to Katy Perry when it comes to cultural impact. What do we remember of Katy Perry? Whipped cream coming out of her boobs? Naked over cotton-candy? Her ridiculous yellow cube at the VMAs? I mean really.

People value her more because she wants to be taken seriously and she's a role model for women, let's not deny her that. It's just that she lacks the monumentum and epicness that Gaga or Madonna have.

Neptune

People value her more because she wants to be taken seriously and she's a role model for women, let's not deny her that. It's just that she lacks the monumentum and epicness that Gaga or Madonna have.

I don't want to take any value from her. I do admire her singing and her dancing.

Congrats to her for having a husband that has enough money to buy her some attention.

The most deluded comment ever :deadbanana: Regardless of whether you think of Beyonce as an icon or not, that's beside the point, but you can't deny that Beyonce and co built an empire for herself. She's worth north of $450 million on her own merit, NOT Jay's.

Neptune

The most deluded comment ever :deadbanana: Regardless of whether you think of Beyonce as an icon or not, that's beside the point, but you can't deny that Beyonce and co built an empire for herself. She's worth north of $450 million on her own merit, NOT Jay's.

And yet little cultural impact, which is what brought us here.

Spock

I kind of agree with the whole "fashion icon" thing but that doesn't mean those garments don't deserve their place in the Hall of Fame because they are important

She wasn't even considered an icon before her latest album, so. All I know is that she's boring in every sense of the word. At least to me. There's nothing inspiring, iconic or interesting in her.

iAKohWarFZV32.gif

She is one of the most, if not the most, recognizable brands in the music industry. People are still talking about her presence in Destiny's Child and has one of the most successful solo careers. As people have already said, she has been selling out arenas since forever and now she is selling out a stadium tour on the heels of the Mrs Carter Tour. She even won that Billboard thingy in recognition of her iconic career and has a ****load  of Grammys.

As much as I love her, Katy Perry is a dime a dozen pop star that can't sing nor dance and will only be remembered for her Teenage Dream era. So please, let's not.

As for the Jay Z comments, I won't even bother.

who will love me when the night is over

Vernier

I tend to agree when I remember those tacky designs from Haus of Mama Knowles :sharon:

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

No Angel

Was she ever labeled a 'fashion icon' though? :confused: When people hear the name Beyoncé, they think about her voice before the stuff she wears? Now if this article were about Gaga, I would be up in arms saying "NO" but Bey was never an icon in a fashion sense. She can dress though, but she's more known for her voice and music. 

She was basically no one during 4. Sure, she's successful in America, but her impact all over the world is probably still at the same level of Katy Perry.

I was feeling down today, so thank you for the laugh. :lmao:

Not a fashion icon, but an icon in every other way.

I'm so tired of negative articles coming out about Bey (and Jay). People are so threatened by their power it seems.

Mhm. People can't handle success when they see it, so they've gotta tear them down.

I tend to agree when I remember those tacky designs from Haus of Mama Knowles :sharon:

DC's fashion and House of Dereon was a dark time in every Bey stan's life. :lmao:

Vernier

DC's fashion and House of Dereon was a dark time in every Bey stan's life. :lmao:

I felt sorry for the other girls the most tbh :rip: At least some of Bey's outfits were passable. But you just know Kelly & Michelle were always thinking "oh sh!t we have to wear this again" each time Tina made outfits :rip:
Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Psychedelic

Okay ? I don't think it's THAT important, she's an icon anyway as they said

this

Valextra

Agree, not a 'Fashion' Icon, but for sure she is an 'Icon' as singer and celebrity in general. 

No Angel

I felt sorry for the other girls the most tbh :rip: At least some of Bey's outfits were passable. But you just know Kelly & Michelle were always thinking "oh sh!t we have to wear this again" each time Tina made outfits :rip:

Tina's fashion ideas from the late 90s to early 00s were so wild. :rip:

beyonce_uniform-copy.jpg

Archived