💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Björk

Mole

Favorite Album From Bjork?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Album From Bjork?

Featured Posts

My boyfriend gifted me the album today!! It was TOTALLY unexpected!! And it's the "deluxe version" (+3 BTs)

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Stranger

• Bjork

• MattyMonster

• ChasingTheGhost

We can expect a bit more "hardcore" versions of Sacrifice and Mutual Core soon, also what's probably the original Crystalline from the first teaser.

IMG_1749.jpg

>Biopholia

Listening to Biophilia right now (for the nth time). It's always surprisingly great to listen to. Dark Matter, Sacrifice, Hollow...So many great songs. Has everyone seen the Cosmogony contest?

I love Bjork and I adore Biophilia. I was so excited when I first found out she was releasing a new album. Honestly she did not disappoint me (not that I thought she would.) Thunderbolt, Mutual Core, Sacrifice, Hollow, Virus and Crystalline are my favorites.

Has Björk ever talked about synesthesia in any of her interviews? The multicolored tuning forks in the Biophilia Manual made me wonder if she might have colored them according to the way she "sees" each song.

I'm not a synesthete myself, but I've always found it interesting.

Has Björk ever talked about synesthesia in any of her interviews? The multicolored tuning forks in the Biophilia Manual made me wonder if she might have colored them according to the way she "sees" each song.

I'm not a synesthete myself, but I've always found it interesting.

The closest thing was when she mentioned feeling jealous of Antony Hegarty because he told her he sees different "emotions" while singing while she always thought of mathematics and physics when she sings. I think synaesthesia as a whole is a load of bull**** though, we all have an affinity or ways to relate anything to a different sense no matter if you proclaim you're the most badass synesthete ever, people who do that are just pointing out the obvious in an attempt to feel unique.

The closest thing was when she mentioned feeling jealous of Antony Hegarty because he told her he sees different "emotions" while singing while she always thought of mathematics and physics when she sings. I think synaesthesia as a whole is a load of bull**** though, we all have an affinity or ways to relate anything to a different sense no matter if you proclaim you're the most badass synesthete ever, people who do that are just pointing out the obvious in an attempt to feel unique.

I know exactly which interview you mean. "Music for me is like fact. Totally like algebra. For me, it's not about humans. In a weird way it's about math and physics" has always been one of my favorite B. quotes. I have it up on my Last.fm profile because that's how it is for me as well.

Guest whatthefishsay

Mutual Core & Thunderbolt are my favorite songs from the album.

I've had Mutual Core and Thunderbolt on repeat for days. The live versions are fantastic as well. I was in desperate need of new music that gives me chills and that "YES-THIS-IS-QUALITY" feeling when I listen to it. Those two songs have been successful at just that. I love Bjorky and am actually quite impressed with the rest of the album as well.

Edited by whatthefishsay

ArmyOfDarkness

Post and Homogenic are definitely two of my favorite albums.

I've given Biophillia a few chances to grow on me but it hasn't really interested me yet.

MattyMonster

The Hollow app is so beautiful. It made me appreciate the song so much,

Everyone needs to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gHuExG1neE

It´s even better on the app, because it tells you what are you exactly watching and that everything is happening at a real time. It´s pretty fascinating.

3:45 :worship:

Edited by MattyMonster

The Hollow app is so beautiful. It made me appreciate the song so much,

Everyone needs to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gHuExG1neE

It´s even better on the app, because it tells you what are you exactly watching and that everything is happening at a real time. It´s pretty fascinating.

3:45 :worship:

:worship: It is amazing and beautiful. I can't stop watching it because of how fascinating it.

Just listened Biophilia. I didn't like it a lot, tbh... But I absolutely love Volta. It's incredible. By the way, I've just googled "Björk house"...

tumblr_l7mtwpr9Ch1qad3ifo1_500.jpg

tell me it's not real... :toofunny:

Just listened Biophilia. I didn't like it a lot, tbh... But I absolutely love Volta. It's incredible. By the way, I've just googled "Björk house"...

tumblr_l7mtwpr9Ch1qad3ifo1_500.jpg

tell me it's not real...

It is. The Icelandic government gave it to her, but she also has a house in London i'm pretty sure.

• Mills locked this topic