💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Björk

Mole

Favorite Album From Bjork?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite Album From Bjork?

Featured Posts

I was thinking there was going to be info about her and her songs/albums on here but there isnt? Can anyone tell me about her? Her name intrigues me!

She's an Icelandic artist/musician with a wide variety of genres. Her music isn't for everybody, it can be very experimental. She's very innovative and brings new sounds and styles into her music. Btw, there's a poll on top of the page with all her albums. :)

Edited by Bjork

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Stranger

• Bjork

• MattyMonster

• ChasingTheGhost

• 4 weeks later...
The Stranger

REVIVING THIS PERFECT THREAD.

I BOUGHT EVERY ALBUM AND THEY'RE ALL PERFECT :legend:

Tommymonster44

I was thinking there was going to be info about her and her songs/albums on here but there isnt? Can anyone tell me about her? Her name intrigues me!

I would recommend listening to Debut and Post first, as they are her most mainstream albums. But if you don't like them, keep searching her discography, because she completely flips her sound in homogenic. I would then try Volta of Vespertine. Vespertine is probably her most critically acclaimed album. But obviously, us fans enjoy the huge variety Bjork brings in all of her albums instead of just focusing on one. The last album I would listen to would be Medulla. It is extremely experimental and just plain weird.

So all in all here's a summary of my recommendations:

1. Deput and Post - Most mainstream

2. Homogenic - Sounds like winter if you get what I'm saying. Strong, egotistic, solid. Standout: Joga

3. Volta - The first Bjork album to really incorporate brass. She mixes it with both hardcore and ambient electronic noises to create a seamless techno-organic sound if that makes sense. The most pop Bjork has been in over a decade. Standout: Wonderlust.

4. Vespertine - Her most critically acclaimed album. Very peaceful and relaxing. Intricate and detailed electronic ambient, while retaining a harsh edge in some songs. She describes the album as being the exact opposite of Homogenic. This album is all about unison and togetherness. Standout: Unison? Idk, it's a tough one.

5. Biophilia - Her most recent release. It disappointed some fans, but I think it's solid. Probably her most abstract album (Medulla is weirder, but not quite as loose structurally if you get me). Characterized by nature sounding music as well as many scientific metaphors. It is integrated with the Biophilia app as I'm sure your aware of by now. Standout: Either Virus or Sacrifice

6. Medulla - This album is totally weird. Even as a long time Bjork fan. The album is almost completely done by human voices. I won't go into all sorts of ironic symbolism and metaphors involved with this album now, but know that it is generally regarded as her most political. It displays her world views. (Remember, she's an anarchist ;) ). Standout: Another tough one, but I would say Who is It.

Just ask if you have any other questions!

Homogenic is one of the best albums ever. Case closed.

Unravel is just... :legend:

Tommymonster44

Homogenic is one of the best albums ever. Case closed.

Unravel is just... :legend:

Agreed. It's short, sweet, and to the point. The quality makes up for the lack of quantity :).

Tommymonster44

We need to get a good conversation going in here :(.

I realized yesterday that I haven't listened to Post in basically forever. I've been hooked on Biophilia and Medulla as of late. I forgot how flaw-free Hyper-Ballad is. It's probably my favorite song ever..I connect with it really well.

"I go through all this,

before you wake up,

So I can feel happier,

To be safe again with you!"

Favorite performance:

http://www.youtube.c...3ZLr-UEA[/media]

I love how the first half is so quiet and basically a typical ballad. But by the end she's like throwing a dance party or something :D.

Edited by Tommymonster44

• 1 month later...
Mr Monster

I just watched Vespertine Live at the Royal Opera House. It was a religious experience.

Has anyone here seen her live? Especially during her Vespertine tour?

I just watched Vespertine Live at the Royal Opera House. It was a religious experience.

i saw her live june 30th 2011 for the premier of biophilia and in 2008 for the volta tour.

Vespertine is still her BEST album, no arguing that.

1. Vespertine = a masterpiece. Nothing in her discography will every be better than this. Its beautiful.

2. Homogenic = powerful, loud, in your face. Its also probably the fan favorite.

3. Biophillia and Medulla = her creative peaks. Biophillia being a little more innovative, but Medulla was more experimental.

4. Volta = similar to homogenic, but more fun. Somewhat of a huge stepback in her career at the time, it was still incredibly different.

5. Post = somewhat disposable, but Isobel, Hyperballad, and Army of Me are flawless.

6. Debut = I feel bad saying this is her worst, but it was her first album. It was very fresh at the time.

BYE

iloveit123

Her first four albums are perfection to me... It starts to go downhill for me after that (some great moments, but the music doesn't excite me as much, and it just keeps getting weirder, the latest release is too weird for me)

Anyway, she is still one of my all time faves... and i am so excited to be finally visiting Iceland!!!

"Debut" and "Homogenic" rule my world the most

Edited by iloveit123

Tommymonster44

Her first four albums are perfection to me... It starts to go downhill for me after that (some great moments, but the music doesn't excite me as much, and it just keeps getting weirder, the latest release is too weird for me)

Anyway, she is still one of my all time faves... and i am so excited to be finally visiting Iceland!!!

It's the opposite for me. I like my Bjork music to be as experimental as possible :D.

I saw her in 2007 for the Volta Tour (Chicago date). It was an awesome show, even though Volta is my least favorite album from her. The setlist was, as I remember, very upbeat and heavy on the classics.

I'd been waiting since forever to see her and it was well worth the wait, though I have to admit watching the DVD's of her heyday about 1000x throughout high school sort of invited comparisons she couldn't entirely live up to at that point. I still would kill to go back in time and be in the "Live at Cambridge" audience!

Edited by Fluorine

• Mills locked this topic