Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Pitchfork drags Katy Perry's Prism Tour while praising Gaga and Miley

heavyMetalGAGA

Featured Posts

Stefani328

How in the world does Miley' s tour look or sound better than Katy's? I wouldn't pay to see them, but if I had to choose I would go with Katy. At least she isn't as annoying as Miley and some of her songs are catchy.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chromatislaps

In the end, Katy has 129 shows at Gaga has 78. Katy's overall attendance will be massive. She's pulling slightly smaller attendances in the same venues Gaga played but that's because Katy's stage is huge.

The tour gross is massive so far for an arena show though. Katy will probably ending up doing $100M from North America alone judging by her average so far.

Reviews have nothing to do with how successful something is, unfortunately. 

Critical acclaim tho.....this is truly Gagz ha Erotica era :derpga:

Why bother posting negativity toward any artist though? If this were a Gaga review, it'd already be closed.

MJHolland

Read the review. It's hilarious but the fact that it even alludes to the fact that the Bangerz Tour is better than the PWT is just laughable. 

Also, this review isn't going to stop PWT from being the biggest female tour of 2014 :legend:

The buying power of pre-teens/tweens  :legend:  :legend:  :legend:

Slé me, Katy "Kidz Bop" Perry 

Gypsy Life

Miley's tour is a real tragedy. It's not better than any tour, not even Katy's. Otherwise, decent article (although I didn't read all of it bc nobody got time for that)

MJHolland

I'm not trying to be mean, but this article couldn't have said it better. It's clear what Katy's intentions are as a musician. She just wants to play the game and make money. She's the Walmart of the music world. 

Sure, some of her hits are pretty good, but they probably won't stand the test of time because her heart isn't in it. She's almost 30 years old now and her imagery consists of floating poop emojis. I feel bad for her because that would be a meaningless career, but she does talk about how she wants to mature into an indie acoustic artist. I'm just waiting to see if she can put something genuine and valid into the world.

This!

One of my favorite lines: "I think in the long run Katy's going to be one of those pop stars whose "mature phase" isn't going to be putting out her Yeezus so much as finding the right venue for the inevitable Katy: Piece of Me."

:rip:  :rip:  :rip:

heavyMetalGAGA

Why bother posting negativity toward any artist though? If this were a Gaga review, it'd already be closed.

That isn't true. Gaga has had her handful of negative tour reviews, most recently the LA Times one, and none of those were closed.

And I'm not specifically trying to be negative in nature by posting this review. It's all subjective, yes, but when you aren't fond of something, you don't need to sugar coat it. If you don't like it, you don't like it. That isn't negative, it's just honesty.

Stefani328

I doubt it. It would go on and bring unnecessary hate just like this.

Arturo

The buying power of pre-teens/tweens  :legend:  :legend:  :legend:

Slé me, Katy "Kidz Bop" Perry 

Hey, if they fills arenas and bring in massive revenue then who cares who attends? 

A lot of the people that go are just girls ages 16-18 and adults just like a Gaga, JT, or Beyonce show :shrug:

Spock

The show was really at its best when it was the most literal, which emphasizes how one-dimensional she often feels as an artist.

She throws everything she’s got at the wall, and every so often hits a bullseye.

Ouch... Excited for the show non the less.

And for all y'alls shading the Bangerz Tour, don't. It was amazing. Ok not all of the songs match the quality of We Can't Stop or Wrecking Ball but form a visual point of view, it was the best show I've ever been to.

who will love me when the night is over

Poker

Circling back to the way she addressed the crowd: I think that's a symptom of what I've kind of been trying to get at here, which is that she's a very good vacuum but not a great salesman. Like when she has a killer song and a half-decent idea for a video themeâ€â€"Roar" or "California Gurls"â€â€she can manage to not **** it up, but when she really tries to sell a song it can come off as insincere and off-putting (thinking of the "Last Friday Night" and "Birthday" videos here). And, like, at the show, she was really bad at delivering the sort of between-song pablum that binds a concert like this together. She's a bad actress, and that's something that I think blunts too much of what she does.

this  :applause:

Kindness rules all.

MJHolland

Hey, if they fills arenas and bring in massive revenue then who cares who attends? 

A lot of the people that go are just girls ages 16-18 and adults just like a Gaga, JT, or Beyonce show :shrug:

People who care about something called "artistic integrity". 

:whip:

Archived