Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry: "This Is How We Do is a certified club banger"

hughdancy

Featured Posts

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UC PiXELVISION

Club banger? In what kind of club? Disney World's parking lot?

Omg

Essence

This song is just bad. Most of her other singles are basic, but this song is just atrocious I'm sorry. It's not well produced, barely catchy and has the least interesting premise imaginable. :wtf:

Probably my least favorite from Teenage Dream The Complete Confection 2013 Version along with Birthday, but at least Birthday is genuinely catchy.

monketsharona

At least she is releasing….something.  :derpga: Gaga is still on G.U.Y.

Gaga is probably returing with lead single from CtC in late summer ;)

Katy is just going to have her next flop...

Essence

Probably the worst song I've ever heard.

I genuinely believe you're saying this out of good taste rather than dislike for Katy because it's honestly just that poor of a song, imo :dies:

RAMROD

"Club Banger" kszb8.gif

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Creyk

Club banger, my foot. It's the sort of cringey song that would make people desert the dancefloor. Her team have made lot of really bad choices this era. Its just been one long year of bad single choices and bad music videos. They thought a jungle theme would be perfect for the Roar video - but then it got lots of criticism for being too cringey and childish. They thought she could pull off a middle-of-the-road love ballad - it flopped, despite huge promotion. They thought her Dark Horse video would be considered absolutely delightful and funny - it drew controversy, scathing reviews and is her most disliked video to date. They thought Birthday would be a huge summer smash - it was one of her biggest flops ever and couldn't even got top ten in the US despite how radio loves her and she sent all the major stations personalised cake. Similarly, the video left a lot of people feeling awkward and weirded out. Now, once again, they are choosing one of the worst songs on the album for the next single with an equally horrible video, by the sounds of it. It's also weird that she's releasing it when there's only one month of summer left - this is the type of song that was designed to be played all summer and not everywhere in the world has sunshine all year round. Especially in the US, songs can take a long time to become hits, so it'll be past summer by the time it really catches on.

Summertime Sadness still did well after the summer ended though.....maybe this could too

Dangerous Man

uhmm what? i like this song but this ain't a club banger. sorry Katy. :MANiCURE:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

SharGaga

Club banger, my foot. It's the sort of cringey song that would make people desert the dancefloor. Her team have made lot of really bad choices this era. Its just been one long year of bad single choices and bad music videos. They thought a jungle theme would be perfect for the Roar video - but then it got lots of criticism for being too cringey and childish. They thought she could pull off a middle-of-the-road love ballad - it flopped, despite huge promotion. They thought her Dark Horse video would be considered absolutely delightful and funny - it drew controversy, scathing reviews and is her most disliked video to date. They thought Birthday would be a huge summer smash - it was one of her biggest flops ever and couldn't even got top ten in the US despite how radio loves her and she sent all the major stations personalised cake. Similarly, the video left a lot of people feeling awkward and weirded out. Now, once again, they are choosing one of the worst songs on the album for the next single with an equally horrible video, by the sounds of it. It's also weird that she's releasing it when there's only one month of summer left - this is the type of song that was designed to be played all summer and not everywhere in the world has sunshine all year round. Especially in the US, songs can take a long time to become hits, so it'll be past summer by the time it really catches on.

It'll be interesting to see how radio reacts to her after the floppage of Birthday. Because a lot of other artists, when just one of their singles flop, radio is very reluctant to support them afterwards and it takes a lot to make them regain their trust in you. It's something Gaga's currently going through. It annoys me how radio supports Katy no matter what. They supported her after Unconditionally flopped, but now she's flopped again, they may be more tentative. They tried their best to shove Birthday down our throats but we just weren't having it. Maybe they'll let us make our own minds up with this next one, then, seeing how we disobeyed what they wanted us to do and have shown that we can think for ourselves.

Sis I love you but if you think that Katy's team made a lot of really bad mistakes in the Prism era delivering 2 worldwide hits and music videos with over 500 million views, I'm honestly curious what you think about Gaga's team this era. :toofunny: Katy's doing fine, the songs aren't just as good as Teenage Dream but I don't see her career declining because of 2 underperforming singles.

xzxyyxzx

I usually like all of katy Perry's singles but this one is t as catchy or fun it's like... Kind of boring and just there, oh whale! Mayb it'll grow on me

PaperIz

I like it now but it took a long time. Not her best song ever but its fun and the GP may pick it up just because it is katy and catchy. The lyrics are bad though :toofunny:

Archived