💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lily Allen blames herself for flop album

yxi

Featured Posts

Lily-Allen-Sheezus-2014-1200x1200.png

Oh Sheezus! Lily Allen admits album flop may be her fault and music wasn't good enough.

Lily Allen has questioned the quality of material on her latest album 'Sheezus' while also suggesting that she suffered from a lack of confidence while making the album.

Having previously blamed her (now ex) manager Todd Interland for the wrong song choices, controversial singer Lily now muses that maybe her music just wasn’t good enough this time round.

“I put my trust in other people, which I don’t usually do. I usually go with my own gut feeling but maybe I wasn’t feeling as confident as I have in the past because of all the hormones."

"The first thing I came back with was Hard Out Here and that was important to me, a real statement of intent, even though you couldn’t put it on the radio over here because it had too much swearing."

“I thought it did really well and then management and the label chose to go with Air Balloon and I just think starting with something really aggressive and in your face and then going in a different *direction... people need to know what they are getting.â€

Rather than sparking another musical hiatus, the drastic chart tail-off has made Lil, 29, determined to press ahead.

She says: “Maybe the songs aren’t good enough this time, who knows? I just know I can’t wait to get back into the studio.â€

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/oh-sheezus-lily-allen-admits-3889155

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

I think her stance on it is very good :applause: She's acknowledging the positives and negatives on both sides and hoping that her future work represents herself in a better way :yes: I also can't wait for her to get back into the studio :party:

inuborg

Maybe next time she'll worry about herself when making her album :fan: 

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

RAMROD

Was it flop?

I think it done fairly well.

She performed at big summer fest, that is something tbh.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Robotboy

but no, its a very good album

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Funny how she makes a whole album about free will on music industry just caring about artistry and stuff and then when the album flops suddenly it is all about the bling and she is going to the studio to make a more public-friendly album :later:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

MJHolland

Maturity i expect from Gaga

Except ARTPOP didn't flop and it's her best work musically  :awkney:

Michael

Her album didn't even flop tho :laughga: She needs to stop listening to haters who don't know what they are talking about.

monketsharona

I expect the same from Gaga... But she'll never say she has done some mistakes with ARTPOP... All is the treacherous people's fault of course !  :derpga:

monsterdreams

I'm proud of her for saying this

Not just throwing the blame around her whole management team

Haters gonna need more than a flashlight for my shade

MJHolland

Funny how she makes a whole album about free will on music industry just caring about artistry and stuff and then when the album flops suddenly it is all about the bling and she is going to the studio to make a more public-friendly album :later:

:trootea:  :trootea:  :trootea:

djBuffoon

Except ARTPOP didn't flop and it's her best work musically  :awkney:

This. And even if some feel differently... Gaga has no obligation to apologize for her work. No artist does.

Valextra

Well not a big fan of this album musically, but she never was 'big' in sales and commercial performances so I'm not considering this album a flop, it debuted at #1 in UK, I think it's good enough for her. 

Archived