💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Katy Perry tweets a massive mistake about the MH17 crash

One Five Ten

Featured Posts

One Five Ten

https://twitter.com/katyperry/status/490563400322121728

http://www.take40.com/news/47243/katy-perry-tweets-a-massive-mistake-about-the-mh17-crash.

@KatyPerry

So INCREDIBLY sad to hear that there were 100 volunteers for @UNICEF on flight #MH17 Sending our prayers to all the families effected

Katy Perry has made a massive blunder when sending her condolences to the victims of the MH17 plane crash.

The world was rocked by the devastating news of the tragedy, and many celebrities sent out tweets of support and love to the loved ones of the perished.

Katy's heart is in the right place - but her facts are very wrong. The passengers included over 100 AIDS researchers, not UNICEF volunteers, who were travelling to Melbourne for the International AIDS 2014 conference. UNICEF swiftly confirmed that none of their staff were on the plane.

Katy probably got mixed up as she has UNICEF at the front of her mind, being a Goodwill Ambassador for the organisation.

At this very sensitive time, the tweet was met by a lot of backlash, but it still visible on her official Twitter.

In this tragic time, our thoughts are with the loved ones of the victims of the MH17 crash.

I feel bad for Katy tbh, getting backlash when just trying to wish condolences. But the sis should correct herself before freaking out families of UNICEF volunteers  :awkney:

tumblr_mdyclzi7ip1ry9e1po1_500.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aaronyoji

its cuz daddy taught her that aids research propagates the homos-xual diseases and sin, thou shall not be praised for engaging in sinful acts durr. 

It was just a mistake, she was sending her condolences and it's awful that people would bandwagon to hate on her based on that.

RAMROD

awkward moment.

Last-Friday-Night-T-G-I-F-Music-Video-ka

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

Knife

Oh, what a massive blunder to make.

The fallout from this gaffe will be irreparable; pack up your bags and go home, everyone. Katy Perry is over.

ibaLhFxQkDMzuM.gif

PatrickMonster

this tweet is a MESS! it sounds like she only gives a **** about those "volunteers", and not about the other victims of this tragedy...

hughdancy

Erm. People shouldn't be bashing her for this. It's a stupid mistake but she was only trying to give her respect to hundreds of innocent, dead people. :wtf:

RodeckDanny

this tweet is a MESS! it sounds like she only gives a **** about those "volunteers", and not about the other victims of this tragedy...

THIS, I kinda dislike her sometimes... 

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

Elizabeth

Whilst I understand it's just a mistake, I'm not sure how she could've confused them? There's been plenty of media about it. 

I'm sure she doesn't mean that but I agree, it doesn't come across well in the tweet. 

Archived