• The Popularity
    • The Popularity Beast
    • Gays are cool
    • Koons Ball

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Fame Monster... she didn't even need to try hard. Born This Way, also. It was on another level of bat**** craziness. In a good way, of course.

This :)

GagaDragon

Born This Way of course, everything about it was artistic without going overboard

ARTPOP just turned out to be a pretentious mess and i don't know how an album with songs such as Jewels & Drugs, Donatella etc can be considered artistic.

Gays Are Cool tbh :legend:

You cannot call Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel, The Queen with its long outro, Judas with all its metaphors anything but artistic :Gaga:

SlaeUrAnus

The Fame Monster. Everything in that album was art without Gaga intending it to be art.

In my messy era.

Tropico

Y'all... How the actual f--k is religion artistic? :wtf: That's spiritual. There's a HUGE difference. If someone could show me where exactly the art is in Born This Way would be nice because if you think religion is artistic then I'm sorry but you need help. :sharon:

ARTPOP is the obvious answer. If you observe this era carefully you will notice that the art has driven the pop to places I could never imagine. :legend:

And those who are like "Where's the art in artpop?". Gaga said she'd but art INTO pop. So she gave us the pop and brought the art to it through performances, videos and fashion. Pay attention. :gaga:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Pain of fame1

I think ARTPOP is Gaga's most artistic album as it includes a lot of things. For me, the album itself is formed by an explosion of elements which make it so unique and "overproduced" you could say, also the outfits she's wearing this era, the collaborations she's doing (Marina, Jeff, Louvre portraits...).

So I think that's the only valid answer to your question, you may love Born This Way but it's not as artistic (technically speaking) as ARTPOP.

THIS X10000000000000

Azor Ahai

Y'all... How the actual **** is religion artistic? :wtf: That's spiritual. There's a HUGE difference. If someone could show me where exactly the art is in Born This Way would be nice because if you think religion is artistic then I'm sorry but you need help. :sharon:

ARTPOP is the obvious answer. If you observe this era carefully you will notice that the art has driven the pop to places I could never imagine. :legend:

And those who are like "Where's the art in ARTPOP?". Gaga said she'd but art INTO pop. So she gave us the pop and brought the art to it through performances, videos and fashion. Pay attention. :gaga:

Judas video is full of metaphors. Jesus is the good and Judas is the evil and she has to choose and her dark side overpowers her although she knows its wrong. BTW as  a video is like a freaking painting! Marry The Night is a freaking movie! 

Meanwhile Applause , she does random stuff that make no sense. GUY would be artistic with a good cinematography without the freaking Beverly hills ladies who make no sense.

ARTPOP tried too hard to be artistic. Born This Way became artistic without trying(as much) by using religious references and adressing social issues through art.

I don't see Born This Way artistic at all, just because Judas contains metaphors about religon doesn't make it artistic.

Azor Ahai

I don't see Born This Way artistic at all, just because Judas contains metaphors about religon doesn't make it artistic.

I don't see ARTPOP artistic at all , just because it has art on its name and she hired a cool guy to make the cover doesn't make it artistic.

Y'all... How the actual **** is religion artistic? :wtf: That's spiritual. There's a HUGE difference. If someone could show me where exactly the art is in Born This Way would be nice because if you think religion is artistic then I'm sorry but you need help. :sharon:

Religion is basically what gave us the most amazing masterworks. It has always been a huge source of inspiration for artists.

sarco2.jpegchiffre-pallas-vienne-en-pierre-d-ath%C3

100826_hungryghost.jpg

michel-ange.jpg

I know it's just my opinion, but I think that art is defined by what you put in your artworks. Born This Way is full of cultural and religious references, you can feel the research (e.g. Bloody Mary which has really good lyrics). To me, you make art as long as you create something that inspires you and/or other people :shrug:

This question is pretty hard because this concept has never been fully defined. But I think TF, TFM, BTW and AP are all artistic. Each song is always inspired by something or someone (yeah, even Donatella), and you will always find puns, cultural/pop/religious references or personal stories in Gaga's songs.

Azor Ahai

Religion is basically what gave us the most amazing masterworks. It has always been a huge source of inspiration for artists.

100826_hungryghost.jpg

michel-ange.jpg

I know it's just my opinion, but I think that art is defined by what you put in your artworks. Born This Way is full of cultural and religious references, you can feel the research (e.g. Bloody Mary which has really good lyrics). To me, you make art as long as you create something that inspires you and/or other people :shrug:

This question is pretty hard because this concept has never been fully defined. But I think TF, TFM, BTW and AP are all artistic. Each song is always inspired by something or someone (yeah, even Donatella), and you will always find puns, cultural/pop/religious references or personal stories in Gaga's songs.

I agree with you but 

Jewels N' Drugs :creepflop:

Tropico

100826_hungryghost.jpg

michel-ange.jpg

I actually see your point and you put up a good point. :yes:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Archived