💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Interscope didn't want Lana Del Rey's Ultraviolence to happen

Xgongiviguess

Featured Posts

Slayer

Not at all. It doesn't mean she kept the ballads that it's the same sound. I personally find it very different on many aspects and I love both albums

UV is even closer to Paradise than it is to BTD imo

and Mess at Adele's producer changing the label's mind :fail:

Maybe I'm looking at it on the surface too much, as I haven't really focused on the lyrics, but to me her overall sound hasn't progressed at all. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing because at least she has her own unique style, but it makes me wonder why Interscope didn't like it, considering it's exactly what I'd expect from a Lana del Rey album.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bitter

Interscope was right, the album is too boring.

BTD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> BoredomViolence

well thank god interscope didn't screw it cause it turned out to be a killer record for me, im so satisfied with this release, i feel it couldn't have been done better

Maybe I'm looking at it on the surface too much, as I haven't really focused on the lyrics, but to me her overall sound hasn't progressed at all. I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing because at least she has her own unique style, but it makes me wonder why Interscope didn't like it, considering it's exactly what I'd expect from a Lana del Rey album.

She did keep the 'retro' sound but the music changed a lot. I've listened tons of times to BTD and it's not similar to UV and not just in the lyrics. UV's sound is way more acoustic and features less Hip-Hop beats than BTD

exoskeleton123

Interscope doesn't know good music sometimes. Honestly I would love it if they let Lana and Gaga do what they wanted without trying to stop them like how they stopped Azealia Banks from releasing their albums. 

Hexxx

Lana Del Rey and Azealia Banks #CreativeRebellions :giveup: Rebel Gaga

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Why would they hate it? It's exactly the same sound as her first album. :toofunny:

Not at all. Born To Die is way more commercial than Ultraviolence. Trip hop (I think that's what it's called) mixed with pop dominated on BTD while Ultraviolence is defined by guitars and an alternative sound

Well it didn't fair well commercially so their fears came true.

WTF??! She sold more than Mariah, more than Britney, more than Pharrell, etc etc. and with no big single!

182,000 copies it's first week is nothing to laugh at. Gaga had Applause and DWUW in front of ARTPOP and she still barely sold 50,000 more. Lana had no hit single.

Arturo

WTF??! She sold more than Mariah, more than Britney, more than Pharrell, etc etc. and with no big single!

182,000 copies it's first week is nothing to laugh at. Gaga had Applause and DWUW in front of ARTPOP and she still barely sold 50,000 more. Lana had no hit single.

Calm down :smh:

I wasn't even comparing her to anyone, but if you want to play that game....

ARTPOP sold 76,000 more than UV in its first week not 50,000.

And Do What U Want didn't even take off by the time ARTPOP came out. It's true radio and sales peak was around late December and it passed 1M in January.

LordDisick

Well it didn't fair well commercially so their fears came true.

UV was her biggest opening to date. i wouldnt call that one of their fears.

GagaMyBlood95

lol this only shows you how "organized" interscope employees are...Mess, Gaga really needs to find a new label as soon as her contract stops

Whispering

What is so bad about that album? :rip:

The label probably wanted a couple of songs that could be used as singles, at least on HAC. They probably hoped for something they could remix and send to Pop again. Instead they have an album with no options to those radio formats.

lol this only shows you how "organized" interscope employees are...Mess, Gaga really needs to find a new label as soon as her contract stops

That will be three or four years from now and all the majors are the same.

Maleficent

The album isn't bad, it's the best album of the year :rip:

I love every single song of UV it's even better than the Fame Monster (for me), it's unique, different, and has a retro feel that I live for. It's by far the best album of the last 5 years (in my opinion).

ShadesOfCool

I love every single song of UV it's even better than the Fame Monster (for me), it's unique, different, and has a retro feel that I live for. It's by far the best album of the last 5 years (in my opinion).

Agreed :yes:

Archived