Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Linda Perry Discusses Beyonce's "Songwriting"

Batwings

Featured Posts

Dunk96

Mess. 

It's baffling how overrated Bey is n how everyone seems to praise her as some legend. Sure, she has some talent, and can sing. But damn, that isn't enough for how much she's talked up and praised

This too. I love Beyonce but she is extremely overrated.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haroon

Personally, I don't think she was "calling out" anyone. I think she was just acknowledging a fairly common practice in the music industry.

I totally agree :tea::applause:

She's not insulting anyone at all, she even compliments Beyonce :laughga: She's just presenting the sad reality of it :shrug:

Brandon

I'm happy Gaga is an pop artist and not a popstar. I don't care about Bey being a star/singer and not an artist it fits her image, but I think she should't be childish and just give the full credits to the real songwriters.

OrphanBlack

I love Bey as much as the next gay boy in here but Linda is spilling the tea here. Bey's always been more of a performer and not a songwriter. I mean just look at all of her old videos and the interviews where she talks about being an artist. She never mentions in great detail the songwriting process because she isn't really a part of it aside from a couple lyric changes and her old videos are all of her performing covers of other artists and not writing original songs. I'm especially skeptical of her song writing after that whole Bootylicious controversy too.

darkwolf

Mess. 

It's baffling how overrated Bey is n how everyone seems to praise her as some legend. Sure, she has some talent, and can sing. But damn, that isn't enough for how much she's talked up and praised

This!

Remember when she said she threw away like 50 songs an started over, she must be very creative :spin:

I love Bey as much as the next gay boy in here but Linda is spilling the tea here. Bey's always been more of a performer and not a songwriter. I mean just look at all of her old videos and the interviews where she talks about being an artist. She never mentions in great detail the songwriting process because she isn't really a part of it aside from a couple lyric changes and her old videos are all of her performing covers of other artists and not writing original songs. I'm especially skeptical of her song writing after that whole Bootylicious controversy too.

This. Although I find Bey's songwriting credibility questionable sometimes, I still love the performer side of her and nobody can take away from that. Overrated or not. 

Love Trumps Hate

ryhanna

I love Beyonce, but it's true. Some people can have incredible voices and simply not be any good at writing songs. They are two completely different talents that really aren't interchangeable and musicians shouldn't be 'expected' to do both. If you happen to be a talented vocalist and writer, then that's fantastic. If you can't write and others are willing to write for you, then that's cool too. :shrug:

Just don't add small changes to a song just to get credit. There's no shame in not being a good songwriter. 

Joaco95

Exactly! linda perry is ****ing awsome :whitney:

and bey DOES lie remember when she toook all the credit for thinking of the bootylicious hook? which was the stevie nicks sample :lmao: and poor rob fusari got none

Credits and personnelEditRob Fusari - writing, production

Kelly Rowland - vocals, writing

Beyoncé Knowles - vocals, writing, production

Michelle Williams -mixing, vocals

Stevie Nicks - writing Flip Osman - mixing assistance

Dan Workman - engineering

Falonte Moore - writing, production

Tony Maserati - audio mixing (recorded music)

thank you

Joaco95

nothing really shady or inflammatory here, she was quite honest and still respectful. what song sepcifically did linda perry write for bey?

She hasnt wrote anything for Beyoncé as I remember

high heeled fem

Credits and personnelEditRob Fusari - writing, production

Kelly Rowland - vocals, writing

Beyoncé Knowles - vocals, writing, production

Michelle Williams -mixing, vocals

Stevie Nicks - writing Flip Osman - mixing assistance

Dan Workman - engineering

Falonte Moore - writing, production

Tony Maserati - audio mixing (recorded music)

thank you

?

Joaco95

?

they all are on the credits as writters. Maybe we do know who came with the sample idea (and idc tbh) but everybody has their credits.

Archived