Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Actor Jason Biggs Jokes About Malaysia Airlines Tragedies

Cody Draco

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

Jason Biggs Jokes About Malaysia Airlines Tragedies in Controversial Tweet
Us Weekly
3 hours ago

As much of the world looked on in horror at the tragic crash of the Malaysia Airlines passenger plane on Thursday, July 17, Jason Biggs decided to make light of the situation on Twitter.

“Anyone wanna buy my Malaysian Airlines frequent flier miles?†the Orange Is the New Black actor, 36, tweeted, quickly following it up with, “In all seriousness, tho- HOW DO YOU MISTAKENLY SHOOT DOWN A COMMERCIAL PLANE?! Ugh. It's saddest for the victims and their families, obviously. But Malaysia Airlines is apparently a GREAT airline. Gonna be tough to recover.â€

The American Pie star was quickly met with backlash from those mourning the loss of the 295 passengers on board, none of whom survived the crash after a missile hit the plane in the Ukraine.

“Hey all you ‘too soon’ a--holes- it's a f--king joke. You don't have to think it's funny, or even be on my twitter page at all,†the first-time father wrote. “The idea that I wouldnt have any empathy 4 the victims or their families because I make a joke is absolutely ridiculous. U know that, right? Truly- you losers are literally trying to find **** to get angry about. Channel your issues elsewhere.â€

Biggs went on to point out that he chose to deal with the tragedy through humor, saying “I hope I can laugh during my family tragedy 2!â€

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone outraged by this needs to refocus their emotions on the actual event

Ambrosia

“Hey all you ‘too soon’ a--holes- it's a f--king joke. You don't have to think it's funny, or even be on my twitter page at all,†the first-time father wrote. “The idea that I wouldnt have any empathy 4 the victims or their families because I make a joke is absolutely ridiculous. U know that, right? Truly- you losers are literally trying to find **** to get angry about. Channel your issues elsewhere.â€

He wrote this to people who are grieving?  If you have to do this much {poor} explaining about something you said, then you shouldn't have said it in the first place.  As for the original offending comment, he was probably trying to deal with it by inserting humor.  Which is fine, but probably not on Twitter.

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

Gov Hooka

humor keeps humanity moving tbh. he didn't intend to hurt anyone's feelings

Chic

Stupid joke.

But words are not worse than any disaster such as this. For people to be hated on for comments on a tragedy is ridiculous compared to the severity of the actual disaster

Especially if they apologize

Cody Draco

Anyone outraged by this needs to refocus their emotions on the actual event

I agree and he did say "Ugh. It's saddest for the victims and their families, obviously." It's not like he didn't acknowledge how terrible the tragedy is. I don't understand why this is news instead of just the event itself. :shrug:

Chic

I agree and he did say "Ugh. It's saddest for the victims and their families, obviously." It's not like he didn't acknowledge how terrible the tragedy is. I don't understand why this is news instead of just the event itself. :shrug:

It's also not like he said he wished the people would have died or enjoyed it. I got called worse than Satan for implying Israel and Palestine made no positive contributions to the world after WWII, which was an incredibly stupid thing for me to say because I was uneducated on the situation. I apologized for it. I still got attacked :awkney: I didn't wish anyone would die, nevermind actually being in the situation and killing anybody. And I'm worse than Satan? Not the people actually killing? What I said was disrespectful but it doesn't warrant an OUNCE of hate compared to what these sick people are doing :awkney:

Archived