Sign in to follow this  

[JULY 2014] Malaysia Airlines Boeing 777 crashes in Ukraine

bumblebee

I think everyone should be skeptical around news. I mean obviously Russia is gonna release pro Russian news. America does the same for theirs and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

Now having a Polish background, trusting Russians is something you're taught on an early age to not do. But at the same time, I live in the Netherlands now, US has been spying on millions of Dutch people. They have been spying on ministers and even prime ministers and how can you trust an ally that behind your back does such things.

People that high up have agendas that go over our heads completely but regular people keep getting involved even without us knowing or wanting any of that. 

I think everyone should be aware that regular people like you and me are used like peons in a giant chess game. Russia has China as an ally so it's absolutely of importance that US keeps Europe as ally, basically everybody is getting used in this policital game.

I agree with most of your words, and before anything let me please express my deepest condolences to you regrading the tragedy of the Malaysian Airlines Boeing. It is a devastating tragedy and I think no matter what both sides in Ukraine are now fighting for, nobody had the right to fire a rocket into a plane with people who in no way participated in the conflict. I hope the OSCE gets the chance to explore and examine the area where it all happened. 

I completely agree with you on the issue that the governments are chasing their own crazy agendas in this big political game. That's why I am considering stopping watching news at all, because when I switch on CNN they say Putin is a demon, when I turn on RT channel they say the White House is evil, etc. 

I believe there are so many places in the world right now where there are significant, worrying problems with Human Rights violations. For example, according to Amnesty International the government of North Korea still runs concentration camps where they convict political prisoners. There are some countries of the Arabic World whose laws and legislation is extremely different from the US one and in no way responds to the standards of democracy. Not to mention that there are plenty of places in Africa where civil wars have been continuously going on and people are suffering from hunger and experiencing humanitarian difficulties. But no one seems to give a f*ck, everyone's attention is being pulled by the media towards one country for some reason, towards Ukraine. I think it is because all sides of the conflict (USA and Russia) do have some political  interests to defend in that region, while African territories are useless to them and, therefore, people can go on killing dozens of each other there without anybody paying attention.  

I just hope that the civilians who live in the area of eastern Ukraine where the fights are taking place stay safe. It is worrying to hear that the Ukrainian government started to use the imprecise rockets in populated ares. Although I do understand their desire to finish the war as quickly as possible, the use of such missiles is against the laws of war and may be interpreted as a war crime.  

Applause

Donetsk, Ukraine (CNN) -- The road isn't easy -- past shelling and eerie separatist checkpoints. But where it leads is harder still.

Twelve days after MH17 was blown out of the sky, pieces of the plane remain here, but for days investigators haven't been able to reach the site. On Wednesday, efforts to get to the bottom of the deadly crash hit another roadblock, as Ukrainian officials warned of possible landmines near the site.

The wreckage sits in tomb-like silence -- a monument to cruelty, to how 298 souls -- some shipped in parts, away on a separatist train -- have yet to find complete rest.

There are flowers and a teddy bear on the ground, where strangers have tried to mourn. The crash site still reeks of jet fuel and the stench of decay. Shrapnel holes are visible in the cockpit's remains.

FULL: http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/30/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=wo_c1

Xalser

Applause

But why?...

Could speculate, really. I can guess a cover up from Putin (trying to rid as much evidence linking to Russia). But, that's just how things look for me so far..

Xalser

Luc

Saw a bunch offlowers and a by akid drawn 'terrorusjans drawing in czech rrpublic :cry:

YCHofficial

475994-90260cb2-184b-11e4-9008-27f67b099

A MALAYSIA Airlines flight had to abort take-off at Adelaide airport yesterday to avoid a collision with an incoming Tigerair plane.

Malaysia Airlines flight MH136 was accelerating down the runway with 167 passengers on board for its journey to Kuala Lumpur when air traffic control was concerned about the flight path of an incoming Tigerair plane.

Reported in the Aviation Herald , the Tiger plane was on a path “too high and too fast†and was instructed to make a “go-around†by air traffic controllers, who wanted to make sure the Malaysia Airlines plane “didn’t climb underneath itâ€.

The following statement was released by Malaysia Airlines to the New Straits Times : “MH136 was ready to depart Adelaide Airport and already on take-off roll when it was instructed by Adelaide Air Traffic Control to discontinue its take-off as the inbound aircraft discontinued its landing and was infringing the vicinity of the takeoff path.â€

476170-28b23812-184b-11e4-9008-27f67b099

Tigerair said the order for a go-around was a common and standard procedure.

“A Tigerair aircraft (flight TT 449) from Melbourne to Adelaide performed a standard go around procedure during decent into Adelaide on Tuesday morning.

“A go around is a common and safe practice that pilots are well trained to undertake when required. Safety is always the airline’s number one priority and was not an issue at any point.â€

Air Services Australia said reports of a “near-miss†were inaccurate and that the pilot of the incoming flight requested a routine “go-around†due to an unstable approach.

“A go-around is a safe and well-practised manoeuvre that sees an aircraft discontinue its approach to the runway when landing,†a statement from the authority said.

“Additionally, and to ensure the continued safe operations at the airport, air traffic controllers requested an international flight discontinue its takeoff.

“Safety is our priority and at no time was the safety of any passengers or aircraft compromised.â€

It comes as Malaysia Airlines is struggling in the wake of two tragedies involving its aircraft.

Two weeks ago, MH17 was shot down over eastern Ukraine, killing 298 people, and in March, MH370 disappeared during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.

Willy Wonka

come on malaysia airlines are you trying to look bad now

Didymus

Malaysia Airline is in ha ARTPOP era tbh.

What a mess though.

Mr Josh

Near misses are common, no major media outlet would have reported it if it involved some other carrier.

Pandemiya

I still believe the first Airline is somewhere in Pakistan in a hangar..

Poker

Malaysia Airline is in ha ARTPOP era tbh.

:sweat:

Kindness rules all.