💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HP: Stop Listening To 'Fancy' And Start Listening To Charli XCX

CHANTEL

Featured Posts

n-CHARLI-large570.jpg

As it tops Billboard's Hot 100 for the seventh week in a row, Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" is set to be one of the longest female runs this decade. That, and its general ubiquitousness, pretty much cement "Fancy" as our Song of the Summer, and (as Vulture wrote earlier this week) we deserve better.

Let's talk about the terrible reality of "Fancy": a minstrel show that is approximately as authentic as a knock-off Coach bag. Azalea herself is basically a master class in appropriation and the enduring profitability of picking and choosing from other cultures. But there are plenty of thinkpieces on the subject, should you need more information about that.

Anyway, the entire reason you are still even listening to this song is because of its super catchy hook. Really, just stop it right now. Don't even try to pretend it's about the rap. It's about that sugary, get-stuck-in-your-head refrain. You know "I'm so fanceeeee"? That's what you sing along to. It's about time you were formally introduced to the lady responsible for all of that catchiness: Charlotte Aitchison aka Charli XCX.

Maybe you saw her name pop up on that knock-off "Clueless" music video. If her voice sounds familiar, it's because she's also largely responsible for the addictiveness of Icona Pop's "I Love It." Yeah, that was her! Her voice has been stuck in our collective head for going on two solid years now, and she doesn't even get to be a household name? Not very fancy, you guys.

Source

NO LIES :applause:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Morphine Prince

No. Iggy Azalea is great imo and I listen to it because of her. I actually didn't like Charlie in it originally but I got used to it. I'm like the 1% who feels like this lol.

inuborg

Damn, talk about clocked

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

The Professor

I always thought the "im so fanceeee" part could have been written by gaga

Sounds like a lot of her unreleased material. The thing is that if gaga ever did write it i think she would ditch it for something else

No. Iggy Azalea is great imo and I listen to it because of her. I actually didn't like Charlie in it originally but I got used to it. I'm like the 1% who feels like this lol.

Can people stop say 'Charlie' it's CHARLI

I love Iggy but let's be real the reason why it's charting so well is because of Charli's verse like they said

Morphine Prince

Can people stop say 'Charlie' it's CHARLI

I love Iggy but let's be real the reason why it's charting so well is because of Charli's verse like they said

My bad, I didn't realize lol. But I agree. I don't share most people's taste I guess.

Anomaly

It's kind of true to be honest... And Charli did that Icona Pop song, too? I didn't know that. What part does she sing?

It's kind of true to be honest... And Charli did that Icona Pop song, too? I didn't know that. What part does she sing?

She wrote the song herself and she was featured on it

Icona Pop+her sing on the whole song together there isn't a part where she sings by herself

OBEY

SychosSoChic

Anyway, the entire reason you are still even listening to this song is because of its super catchy hook. Really, just stop it right now. Don't even try to pretend it's about the rap.

What if I said I actually listen to it for Iggy and not the hook? I don't even really like the hook :awkney:

"Who Dat, who dat" "I-G-G-Y " "Do dat, do dat" is the highlight of the song for me  :worship:

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

Paper Gangsta

I'm with you

charli's album is sooo much better than fancy

Stan for the Queen of alternative! 

Archived