💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

HP: Stop Listening To 'Fancy' And Start Listening To Charli XCX

CHANTEL

Featured Posts

I didn't say that she isn't a good rapper "simply because it isn't commercially marketable" so don't put words in my mouth...

Her rhyming scheme is lazy, her wordplay is bad, her rap vocabulary seems to be extremely limited and her fake accent is a gimmick that wears off fast. She isn't a good rapper.

To each their own. I interpreted your post that way because you're the one that posted 'Leave It' as an example.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bebe

To each their own. I interpreted your post that way because you're the one that posted 'Leave It' as an example.

Yeah... Well let's be real. There is a reason why she is releasing songs with catchy hooks written by Charli XCX and Katy Perry and there is a reason why she is featuring on songs by Ariana Grande. 

She isn't being marketed to a hip-hop audience because she would fall flat on her face. The pop market is far more likely to embrace her and her image.

Yeah... Well let's be real. There is a reason why she is releasing songs with catchy hooks written by Charli XCX and Katy Perry and there is a reason why she is featuring on songs by Ariana Grande. 

She isn't being marketed to a hip-hop audience because she would fall flat on her face. The pop market is far more likely to embrace her and her image.

Not to mention that's where the money's at  ;) Let's not forget Nicki did the same thing and went pop (although this has anything to do with her). I also think a reason that the hip-hop audience isn't here for is because she's a white female, two traits that are stacked against her.

It's dumb for people to sit here and debate whether Iggy is a good rapper or put Iggy v Nicki. It's all subjective. Listen to who you like :shrug: I stan for both of them.

PoshLife

Every rapper who does well on the Billboard Hot 100 releases songs with catchy hooks. You might as well be talking about any famous rapper at all. And you talk about the pop market like it's worse than the hip hop market by definition alone. There's nothing wrong with making pop music, or a rap song that uses a catchy pop chorus to gain attention. Gaga's done both of those things.

Bebe

Not to mention that's where the money's at  ;) Let's not forget Nicki did the same thing and went pop (although this has anything to do with her). I also think a reason that the hip-hop audience isn't here for is because she's a white female, two traits that are stacked against her.

It's dumb for people to sit here and debate whether Iggy is a good rapper or put Iggy v Nicki. It's all subjective. Listen to who you like :shrug: I stan for both of them.

Nicki went through a more hip-hop route to get to where she is. Featuring on hip-hop tracks until she released a hip-hop album featuring Eminem and Kanye.

I don't think it would be wise to compare the technical skills of Nicki and Iggy though haha. I'm not attacking anyone for liking Iggy though, listen to whoever you want.

Every rapper who does well on the Billboard Hot 100 releases songs with catchy hooks. You might as well be talking about any famous rapper at all. And you talk about the pop market like it's worse than the hip hop market by definition alone. There's nothing wrong with making pop music, or a rap song that uses a catchy pop chorus to gain attention. Gaga's done both of those things.

That's simply not true :shrug: I don't know many rappers at all who are hiring Katy Perry and Charli XCX to write them pop-friendly hooks. We are talking about a very different market here: The hip-hop market and the pop market.

You can have crossovers, but when we talk about artists like Nicki Minaj, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Eminem ect we see artists with a loyal hip-hop fanbase, who built their careers from a loyal hip-hop fanbase and have also featured on pop songs. These artists are skillful rappers, which allowed them to get recognised in the hip-hop market and once they achieved success in that market they were able to crossover to pop hits.

Artists like Iggy Azalea don't have a strong urban fanbase. Anybody serious about hip-hop music doesn't listen to her :shrug:

She is a pop-musician. She works with pop producers and features pop artists. She is achieving success in a pop market 

If she had the lyrical skills to be a successful rapper she would be. She released 3 singles before Fancy and they went nowhere on urban radio. She isn't collaborating with hip-hop artists, she is collaborating with pop artists. 

This is because her lyrical schemes are simple, her wordplay is down right bad and she would be unable to compete seriously in the hip-hop market. I don't even think it is a subjective thing. Iggy Azalea is objectively worse than most of the rappers out there, when you compare her flow and bar structure to any other rapper.

Objectively she isn't a complex rapper and I don't think she is very smart in regards to her wordplay either.

PaperIz

I like the song as a whole. if you took any of it out then I wouldn't like it anymore. This is unfair to Iggy.

MarryTheSequins

omg the OP seems to be getting more and more delusional as the thread goes on :lmao:

Guess what? An article that is biased towards your fave doesn't make it truthful :smh:

+ you can stop telling other people what they like and dislike too, take several seats, several deep breaths, then come back when you can argue your point without being rude to other members and bringing artists such as Marina & The Diamonds that have nothing to do with the subject into the argument and bashing them for no apparent reason other than making your fave look superior.

That's all.  :kissga:

not really. i mean, i can switch charli xcx with any pop b---h and i would still listen to it.  suddenly everyone is starting to push charli xcx like yeah. she's floating around for a long time now but no.

omg the OP seems to be getting more and more delusional as the thread goes on :lmao:

Guess what? An article that is biased towards your fave doesn't make it truthful :smh:

+ you can stop telling other people what they like and dislike too, take several seats, several deep breaths, then come back when you can argue your point without being rude to other members and bringing artists such as Marina & The Diamonds that have nothing to do with the subject into the argument and bashing them for no apparent reason other than making your fave look superior.

That's all.  :kissga:

But it's true. Th GP isn't really here for Hip-Hop :toofunny: 

If they were the charts would be dominated by Hip-Hop/Rap songs, which is why 'Fancy' is selling, thanks to the catchy hook. And again, I haven't brought up Marina just like that, I just brought her up to explain my point to a member. I only said I didn't like her because of how fake she was and that I wouldn't want Charli to go down the same route. I shouldn't have brought her up you've got a point but at the same time I wasn't even talking about what the article is saying.

And adding sentences such as 'omg the OP seems to be getting more and more delusional as the thread goes on' or 'take several seats, several deep breaths' won't help you make a point. don't drift away from the topic like I did with Marina 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zR6ROjoOX0

Work >> Fancy (featuring a cheap Gwen Stefani rip off)

stackhouse

"Cultural appropriation" is such a bizarre concept. Culture exists to be shared.

But yeah, I agree with the article. Charli XCX deserves Katy Perry's space on the pop landscape.

I'm a fan of Charli, but she kinda ruined Leave It for me tbh.

And I'm not even an Iggy fan lol.

MarryTheSequins

But it's true. Th GP isn't really here for Hip-Hop :toofunny:

If they were the charts would be dominated by Hip-Hop/Rap songs, which is why 'Fancy' is selling, thanks to the catchy hook. And again, I haven't brought up Marina just like that, I just brought her up to explain my point to a member. I only said I didn't like her because of how fake she was and that I wouldn't want Charli to go down the same route. I shouldn't have brought her up you've got a point but at the same time I wasn't even talking about what the article is saying.

And adding sentences such as 'omg the OP seems to be getting more and more delusional as the thread goes on' or 'take several seats, several deep breaths' won't help you make a point. don't drift away from the topic like I did with Marina 

but why does anybody care :rip: charli gets money from Fancy. It gave her publicity, so did I Love It. I like Fancy and don't like Charli's voice, but that is my opinion and I am only one person so I doubt my one opinion really matters that much, same way as this entire debate is meaningless :smh:

You brought Marina up, flamebaited (as you have yet again in quoted post) and I'm telling you to take a seat and calm down because you need it. :emma:

TEANUS

Actually most people I know sing along to "first things things first I'm the realest" and "who dat? Who dat? I-G-G-Y!" And you sing along to the chorus of any catchy popular song, not just Fancy :shrug:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

Archived