Featured Posts

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Computer

He sucks

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

Harry

Well he doesn't have a hit song on this album and I don't know anyone who is actually a fan of his, not just Blurred Lines so... :laughga:

He doesn't have Blurred Lines on this album. :laughga:

If you're a big name you don't always need a hit single to sell at least a bit, though. Especially more than 54 copies in a week :duck:

I mean he never really had a hit before Blurred Lines, but most of his albums still sold decently considering. The assumption is that he's still a big name because of BL, so some of that success would've crossed over just a little. But the numbers he has pulled with this album are kind of unexplainable tbh. ~500 copies in UK and Canada, less than 54 in Australia!? Literally crazy

Cody Draco

If you're a big name you don't always need a hit single to sell at least a bit, though. Especially more than 54 copies in a week :duck:

I mean he never really had a hit before Blurred Lines, but most of his albums still sold decently considering. The assumption is that he's still a big name because of BL, so some of that success would've crossed over just a little. But the numbers he has pulled with this album are kind of unexplainable tbh. ~500 copies in UK and Canada, less than 54 in Australia!? Literally crazy

What I'm saying is that he has never been a big name. Blurred Lines was big, Robin Thicke was not. He is irrelevant. :laughga:

Harry

What I'm saying is that he has never been a big name. Blurred Lines was big, Robin Thicke was not. He is irrelevant. :laughga:

I disagree. He attracted a fair amount of attention - most of it bad, sure, but his name was/is still relatively prominent in the media. And the fact that he had 2 gold albums and 1 platinum before Blurred Lines was even conceived shows he had at least some kind of audience. I'm not saying he's on like Gaga or JT levels, for example, but he should theoretically not be struggling to sell 50 copies in Aus, missing the top 500, and barely scraping the top 200 in the UK :rip:

If he's so irrelevant we wouldn't be talking about him right now. Artists do exist outside of the sphere that is the 'pop girls' - I'm not saying he's a megastar. But he isn't irrelevant. Although these sales would indicate that he's almost there :duck:

Cody Draco

I disagree. He attracted a fair amount of attention - most of it bad, sure, but his name was/is still relatively prominent in the media. And the fact that he had 2 gold albums and 1 platinum before Blurred Lines was even conceived shows he had at least some kind of audience. I'm not saying he's on like Gaga or JT levels, for example, but he should theoretically not be struggling to sell 50 copies in Aus, missing the top 500, and barely scraping the top 200 in the UK :rip:

If he's so irrelevant we wouldn't be talking about him right now. Artists do exist outside of the sphere that is the 'pop girls' - I'm not saying he's a megastar. But he isn't irrelevant. Although these sales would indicate that he's almost there :duck:

I didn't even know he had any albums before Blurred Lines. I had never heard anyone talk about him until that became a hit and I joined this site. I've never heard someone say his name once irl. You are surprised by his sales, I'm just saying I'm not. The word "irrelevant" is the last thing you should take seriously, I was using it based on my life experience. In my life he is irrelevant. :laughga:

I listen to plenty of artists outside of "pop girls" btw. Gaga and her music does not dictate my musical tastes thank you very much. :MANiCURE:

Harry

I didn't even know he had any albums before Blurred Lines. I had never heard anyone talk about him until that became a hit and I joined this site. I've never heard someone say his name once irl. You are surprised by his sales, I'm just saying I'm not. The word "irrelevant" is the last thing you should take seriously, I was using it based on my life experience. In my life he is irrelevant. :laughga:

I listen to plenty of artists outside of "pop girls" btw. Gaga and her music does not dictate my musical tastes thank you very much. :nails:

Well yeah I know that's what you meant, I was just pointing out that on the grand scale of the "GP", that isn't true... Was just explaining why it's so weird.

RAMROD

54 copies? For real? :huh:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

His lead single was a complete chart failure. But little did I know that his album would be a bigger commercial failure in every sense of the word. These numbers are simply tragic, considering he had one of the biggest hits just last year and his last album sold fairly. 

Lion Heart

Disaster.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Archived