💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

NY Post drags Katy Perry and her Prismatic Tour

yxi

Featured Posts

Weasel

Because you asked, why change something if it's successful, hence I cited an example of someone else? Or does that example apply to Katy alone? Might want to put a little more thought next time as difficult as that might be :(

No it's a general statement that applies to everyone. Who are you to say an artist needs to envolve? Katy has never been an innovative artist and she'll never be. But not everyone needs to be regarded as the new innovative queen of pop  ;)

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
blacklistedd

No it's a general statement that applies to everyone. Who are you to say an artist needs to envolve? Katy has never been an innovative artist and she'll never be. But not everyone needs to be regarded as the new innovative queen of pop  ;)

Its not really about her evolving though.

I keep seeing the argument that she makes shallow pop and thats all it tries to be. Thats fine. However imo shes lacking even in that respect. Rihanna, very early Madonna, Kylie, they all make or made fluffy pop that maybe wasn't the most unique or innovative but it was fun and they were dynamic. I don't think Katy has that dynamic part down. Shes forced artifice. Theres nothing genuine there in spirit.

Sugarfall

Did they lie? BP1hBnA.gif

Not here for calling Walking On Air filler, that song slays lives :manicure:

blacklistedd

Not here for calling Walking On Air filler, that song slays lives :manicure:

Slays lives in that it kills those who listen to it because its so lame?

Gagaloo911

Slays lives in that it kills those who listen to it because its so lame?

:dead:

#Truth tho

Tommymonster44

I went to her teenage dream tour a few years ago. It was a lot of fun and I really enjoyed it. Maybe she comes off a little artificial on the internet, but she was so sweet and genuine on her tour. You could tell that she really loved what she does.

The author obviously just doesn't like Katy.

Batwings

FINALY! Im so tired of everyone praising her this era... Her album is okay. Her vocals are not very good. Her tour sucks (Costumes, dancing, wigs, concept), everything is cheesy and lame. This is such a step down from Teenage Dream (Which is an amazing album). But she does not deserve all the praise...

I actually agree with all this. I LOVED Teenage Dream, but Prism is just an awful, generic mess and earned far more praise than it should have.

Gov Hooka

No offense but I thought this review was the most honest unbiased thing I've read about Katy Perry in a long time.

The people defending her with sales need to stop. It's not about that really. Well not in this case. If she continues she will be like Britney Spears. No one will respect her as a musical icon if doesn't class it up. It's about INTEGRITY. 

Very good point tbh. I could see Katy Perry becoming a Britney Spears eventually tbh.

Exactly. She's not an obviously older woman trying to act like a teenager (see: Mariah Carey), she actually fits the part in every way (i.e. looks, her material, her public image). Her songs are actually good and catchy and her show is fun and entertaining. :awkney:

AND can society stop acting like because a woman's divorced she should give up on her life and join a nunnery? This is 2014.

Now that I think about it this too. But I'm still holding out for her to show versatility with her music brand. She can only keep up this shtick for so long. Her past two singles not doing so well are proof of this. Dark Horse being a somewhat "darker" tone for her shows that they are receptive to a "different" Katy. She needs to take risks now.

bionic

Very good point tbh. I could see Katy Perry becoming a Britney Spears eventually tbh.

Now that I think about it this too. But I'm still holding out for her to show versatility with her music brand. She can only keep up this shtick for so long. Her past two singles not doing so well are proof of this. Dark Horse being a somewhat "darker" tone for her shows that they are receptive to a "different" Katy. She needs to take risks now.

I'm not sure what you're saying, sorry.

buy bionic

Psychedelic

Katy remains unbothered.

3808548-92503-katy-perry-hot-fanning-her

THIS!

And the fact that a Katy-bashing thread can obtain 9 pages demonstrates ONCE AGAIN, the obsession is REAL!  :ohwell:

Archived