Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

NY Post drags Katy Perry and her Prismatic Tour

yxi

Featured Posts

BLACKOUTbritney
No offense but I thought this review was the most honest unbiased thing I've read about Katy Perry in a long time.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FrankGutz

No offense but I thought this review was the most honest unbiased thing I've read about Katy Perry in a long time.

hmm s18.gif

no lies were told

Dᴄ • Dᴀʀᴋ Hᴏʀsᴇ | Hᴏʀʀᴏʀ • Tʜʀɪʟʟᴇʀ | Eʟᴇᴄᴛʀᴏɴɪᴄ | Fɪᴛɴᴇss | Mᴀɴᴅʏ Mᴏᴏʀᴇ • Lᴀᴅʏ Gᴀɢᴀ • Sᴏᴘʜɪᴇ Bᴇxᴛᴏʀ

lairofhk

I have seriously NEVER understood why she is so popular. She just sucks and is just a trend follower. She'd never have the balls to do something out of the ordinary or take an actual risk.  It's as simple as that. 

Dangerous Man

Me too.

You know what you're gonna get at a Katy Perry show. It's common fact she's bubblegum, and some people like it, so let them.

A little mention of wishing her to act more mature is not a problem, but this is a little too much.

:tea:

"A little less conversation and a little more touch my body."

I actually agree with some of the things they said about her

I like katy's music but her "hannah montana" is really staring to get old to me, I didn't like how she ruined amazing songs like dark horse or birthday with childish videos

My Favs = Lady Gaga, Janet Jackson, Ricky Martin, AKB48

Gagaloo911

Damn, the basic b*tch got SCALPED! She must be running for a weave replacement now  :laughga:

Luv u Sum

FINALY! Im so tired of everyone praising her this era... Her album is okay. Her vocals are not very good. Her tour sucks (Costumes, dancing, wigs, concept), everything is cheesy and lame. This is such a step down from Teenage Dream (Which is an amazing album). But she does not deserve all the praise...

So thank you New York Post!

joker+clapping.gif

Haroon

Are you guys Katy fans or Gaga fans

I'm very happily both :party:

The argument I don't understand is when people say that Katy is only doing what she does to be successful, or that she has no creative input into her career :huh: We don't know her reasons for continuing to do what she does, and we don't know what happens behind-the-scenes when creating the album/tour/etc :shrug:

Also, I don't believe there's such thing as an artist being stuffed down someone's throat. If you don't like that an artist is everywhere and overexposed then you can easily change the radio channel or the TV channel or whatever. What Katy does obviously pleases her fan base and many others, and if that makes her and her fans happy then I don't see why we can't be happy for her :duck:

edit: Oh and also to repeat a previous point, the thing about being happy that Katy "finally" being negatively critiqued still astounds me. Why hope and pray for bad stuff to occur to other artists that you don't enjoy when you could hope and pray for good stuff to occur to artists that you do enjoy? I hope I'm making sense :sweat:

My Little Phoney

I kind of agree, but only because I'm on the fence about her in the first place. If they wrote that 'Gaga needs to be less artsy' or whatever, we'd be sending death threats to them

The argument I don't understand is when people say that Katy is only doing what she does to be successful, or that she has no creative input into her career :huh: We don't know her reasons for continuing to do what she does, and we don't know what happens behind-the-scenes when creating the album/tour/etc :shrug:

Also, I don't believe there's such thing as an artist being stuffed down someone's throat. If you don't like that an artist is everywhere and overexposed then you can easily change the radio channel or the TV channel or whatever. What Katy does obviously pleases her fan base and many others, and if that makes her and her fans happy then I don't see why we can't be happy for her :duck:

edit: Oh and also to repeat a previous point, the thing about being happy that Katy "finally" being negatively critiqued still astounds me. Why hope and pray for bad stuff to occur to other artists that you don't enjoy when you could hope and pray for good stuff to occur to artists that you do enjoy? I hope I'm making sense :sweat:

Wow, thanks for putting this out here, that is soooo true!!! And no, we don't know what happens during her process, you're right.

Weasel

Because artistes grow even if success might diminish? You'd probably love it if Gaga was still churning out songs from TF, still had blonde bangs and RedOne was still producing everything

What does this have to do with Gaga. It's just Katy's trademark? And to answer your question: no not really. I wasn't even a fan during TF because I thought she was basic. Now try again :emma: 

disneyhigh

I don't even like Katy Perry but truly, she's laughing all the way to the bank.

I LOVE YOU

THANK YOU SO MUCH. 

Whispering

Yes and no. Radio stations and the media can make or break any artist and it is clear that they have been fully behind Katy, like I haven't seen from any other artist in the past few years. If Adele has two more eras like the last one (with radio play and positive media) than she might compare. I do believe certain artists get the media and radio breaks while others can't catch a break, even though many of those have superior music and talent.

And concerning your edit, wouldn't it be nice if people of this board actually followed those guidelines for Gaga on her own fanboard? Maybe if that occurred, then it would filter down to all the other random artists discussed in the Entertainment Threads. You could carry your message to the negative Gaga threads (it will be a daily job, tho) and then hit the threads of artists like Justin Bieber, Robin Thicke, Miley, Azealia and One Direction. They seem to get it from everyone. Their threads could certainly use some defending of the artist, like we've had in this thread! :)

What does this have to do with Gaga. It's just Katy's trademark? And to answer your question: no not really. I wasn't even a fan during TF because I thought she was basic. Now try again :emma:

Because you asked, why change something if it's successful, hence I cited an example of someone else? Or does that example apply to Katy alone? Might want to put a little more thought next time as difficult as that might be :(

Archived