💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

NY Post drags Katy Perry and her Prismatic Tour

yxi

Featured Posts

Willy Wonka

Just remember ArtRave's New York concert was reviewed also when she was there.That reviewer dragged Gaga even worse in some respects than Katy here considering Gaga is supposed to be more talented and deeper and a better performer than Katy. I take one review with a grain of salt and look at the bulk of the reviews averaged out on a tour.http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/lady-gaga-ARTPOP-ball-tour-hits-msg-article-1.1791301

**** that's not that off of a review either

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cody Draco

No offense but I thought this review was the most honest unbiased thing I've read about Katy Perry in a long time.

Same. I think she is a nice person, but I have no respect for her as an "artist" anymore. :shrug:

exoskeleton123

070914_katy_perry_concert_at_msg_pm_9622

Katy Perry is 29 years old. It’s worth remembering that fact, because during her Wednesday-night show at the Garden, it was easy to think you were watching a pubescent girl in action.

[...] it’s weird to see a fully grown divorcée acting like a fourth-grader.

Perry seemed less like a pop star than a schoolgirl after too much soda.

[...] six years after her breakthrough single “I Kissed A Girl,†Perry is still peddling the same grating bubble-gum act and no one seems willing to tell her that it’s time to grow the hell up.

By the time she rounded off the night with “Firework,†it felt like an act of mercy rather than the big celebratory finale it was meant to be.

Read more: http://nypost.com/2014/07/10/katy-perrys-tired-old-kid-act-hits-the-garden/

YES. FINALLY SOMEONE SCALPS HER.  

GagaisHotAF

First article I have seen in awhile that is negative towards Katy Perry. 

Probably on Grindr

Well, tbh, a bunch of the "fans" who automatically made this review and thread about Gaga's fans, would be the ones jumping in with the positive affirmations towards a negative artRave review. The ones who complain about Gaga fans in every entertainment thread are the ones who are the first to criticize everything that Gaga does. Coincidence? I doubt it... :) ;)

I hope you don't mean me... :huh: I try not to speak negatively of anybody.

feelitinmybones

Mmm...but that's her thing. Its like Lana being a glorified tumblr girl and Gaga's wannabe art.

:lmao:

I do agree but I have to agree with the article as well. All well she is still making millions :manicure:

It's funny because all the songs the I like by Katy are the ones that didn't do so well on the charts/radio as her other ones. :toofunny:

Whispering

I hope you don't mean me... :huh: I try not to speak negatively of anybody.

No, of course not.

Tropico

Oh God. Of course people will drag Gaga into this to raise Katy. Typical. :roll:

And after thinking about it... Why should Katy stop? If it's her thing and that's what she truly wants then thas great. As long as she never goes back to TD level of immaturity. :wtf:

But if she's just doing all this to please the world then I don't approve but what am I gonna do?

But it'd be a damn shame to see Katy end up like another ubblegum pop artist who just seems unhappy with life. We all know who tbh. :noparty:

♢ Social Justice Enthusiast ♢

Weasel

Well looking at her sales the GP is obviously still not over her ''childish'' image. Why change something when it's successful? :emma: 

blacklistedd

Its so refreshing to see a publication acknowledge how obnoxiously juvenile she is even for a pop artist instead of just shallowly praising her solely on the merits of her being non-pretentious.

But Katy is a bubblegum pop artist?

Even for pop though shes obnoxiously juvenile. People keep saying in here that "its her thing" well cool, that doesn't justify it. People are paying attention to her clearly, no doubts about that, her popularity is not in question here. But what should be in question at this point (5 years into her career) is what the hell does she actually provide in pop music? She really provides nothing. Shes a tween-centric artist thats had or is having her heyday but I honestly don't find her to be very talented and I don't think shes interesting. You can be shallow and bubblegum and still be dope as ****. She just isn't imo. Shes aggressively bland.

To be honest, the people that consume Katy Perry (buy her records, go see her in concert) are people that consume anything.  Shes shoved down all of our throats against our will and shes inoffensive and attractive enough for that to result in profit. But thats not going to matter much in the long run, you can say someone like Britney Spears made herself an icon from such a description, but the difference between Katy Perry and Britney Spears is the fact that Britney Spears became a compelling public spectacle and an example of child superstardom and the horrors of corporate pop.

Well looking at her sales the GP is obviously still not over her ''childish'' image. Why change something when it's successful? :emma:

Because artistes grow even if success might diminish? You'd probably love it if Gaga was still churning out songs from TF, still had blonde bangs and RedOne was still producing everything

And after thinking about it... Why should Katy stop? If it's her thing and that's what she truly wants then thas great. As long as she never goes back to TD level of immaturity. :wtf:

But if she's just doing all this to please the world then I don't approve but what am I gonna do?

But it'd be a damn shame to see Katy end up like another ubblegum pop artist who just seems unhappy with life. We all know who tbh. :noparty:

:yes: I agree, and I think Katy is making the music she wants to. Her personality seems to match it. I think she just likes to have fun.

Archived