Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Dear The Fame, The Fame Monster, and Born This Way Stans

Cody Draco

Featured Posts

Cody Draco

I feel like the fact that the OP has to explain themselves so many times in this thread says enough.

I'm sorry but her music is her music, simple as that. The songs that are on ARTPOP are ARTPOP. Of course her music today is going to incorporate influences from her previous work.

Y'all are over here trying to compare ARTPOP to Gaga's previous commercial successes, when down deep, I would be surprised if Gaga doesn't see ARTPOP as her biggest personal accomplishment to this date. She basically said **** you record label and did exactly what she wanted.

ARTPOP being influenced by her past works was the point I was trying to make. I was comparing the music, not the commercial successes. When did I once mention charts or sales in this thread? I didn't.

She didn't do exactly what she wanted. Do you not know how messy this era was and how little control she seems to have had? She apparently didn't even choose Applause as the lead single herself, it wasn't even going to be on the album. The original VMA Applause arrival/performance was scrapped and Gaga had to deliver a new one. The Applause and DWUW video were rush created with DWUW not even being released properly. The DWUW/Venus single switch.... The promo for G.U.Y...

I don't even get why you're trying to come at me right now. :excuseme:

This thread is celebrating ARTPOP and talking about how it incorporates her past works and how stans of past eras should look for and embrace the connections and ARTPOP as an album. If you can't find the connections that is fine, but don't try to come at me and everyone else in this thread with your bull**** and not expect me to explain myself "so many times". :smh:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think Do What U Want is TFM..

TFM is dark while Do What U Want sounds so frech and ARTPOP..

Just my opinion. :)

Altair

ARTPOP is my favorite album but it is barely like the other albums.

Literally the only similarities I see are with MANiCURE sounding like something from the fame/monster era.

The fact that you mentioned some of my fave songs from AP under TFM makes this so accurate (except for DWUW, it's not close to being TFM)

but at the same time, no she hasn't. TFM still had this AMAZING vibe, and an actual meaning along with it that ARTPOP doesn't nearly have

Cody Draco

I don't think Do What U Want is TFM..

TFM is dark while Do What U Want sounds so frech and ARTPOP..

Just my opinion. :)

For DWUW, I based it more off of lyrical meaning and vocally it kind of gives me TFM vibes. I didn't take a lot of time to categorize the songs, this was more just to get people to make connections to Gaga's past work so they would stop complaining. :laughga:

ARTPOP is unique pls.

Yes, but connections can be made to her past works and I want stans of past works to make their own connections so they will stop complaining and start appreciating ARTPOP.

XoXoJoanneGaga

I think that's a pretty good way to break it down. ARTPOP is still the same style of pop she's been making her whole career, same song structures etc. It doesn't have a clear concept or style like the preceding 3 albums but it's a nice mixture. I think the next album is going to really mark the next stage of her career and will be a decisive change of style.  

mcphee

I've said from the beginning that ARTPOP is like an ode to all of her past work, with some new things added in.

I'm excited to see what she has coming for us all in the future.

thefamefatale

Jewels N Drugs doesn't go on the 17 track masterpiece, iconic album that is Born This Way

don't be a drag

This album is definitely a stepping stone to something great, I agree. This one was for the fans, not the public.

ryhanna

I don't really see it, but it's an interesting way to look at it. 

Personally I think it's more just Gaga's style… There are always similarities that I find in her music and albums that translate from one to the next, but I don't really think that she's paying tribute to her older music, but that because she creates it all herself there's a level of overlap. As someone else said, some people made the same connections with Born This Way… I think it's just Gaga's 'mark.' Sorry if I'm not making sense.

Hexxx

TFM was s-xy and Iconic. I even love the production and the theme was executed very well. I hope for another album that will be just as good and even better than TFM. ARTPOP was fun but I expected better.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

Archived