Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Did Yu-Gi-Oh! slay your life?

JaggedMonster

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

Oh my god yes.

Although, not gonna lie, I preferred Yu-Gi-Oh GX. :fan:

Ir definitely had it's positives over the original one like the dialogues and the more complex duels for example but imo the story and the monsters of GX will never reach the orginal one + Jaden will never be the king of games. :fan:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
calmar

that guy with the grey hair who came into their friend circle

Bakura? :rip:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Haroon

Bakura? :rip:

No not the bipolar one :huh: It was like the brother of some female who had an Egyptian item, he was more tanned than Bakura :yes:

VforVendetta

Really? :confused: Saying it sucked after Duel Kingdom is actually quite an exaggeration :dies: I did like the thing about that guy with the grey hair who came into their friend circle, and the whole Egyptian God thing wasn't bad either, I just loved Duel Kingdom way more than that :dies: When it moved from that world into Yu-Gi-Oh GX is when I gave up, I couldn't stand that :rip:

I understand about GX, I couldn't stand it in the beginning as well but the I gave it a second try and it definitely has it's good parts. It still is not as good as the original one.

calmar

No not the bipolar one :huh: It was like the brother of some female who had an Egyptian item, he was more tanned than Bakura :yes:

Marik, the antagonist of Season 2? He never joined their friend group, although he became non-villainous at the end of Season 3 and later randomly appeared in Season 5 along with Ishizu and Odion when they went to Egypt.

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

VforVendetta

Marik

Marik, the antagonist of Season 2? He never joined their friend group, although he became non-villainous at the end of Season 3 and later randomly appeared in Season 5 along with Ishizu and Odion when they went to Egypt.

HE actually did. He pretended to be their friend when he was still bad.

Haroon

Ohhh whoops, I thought he was friendly with them :duck: I remember him being undercover or something, it's been a while :sweat: Wow 5 seasons? I thought it only got to Season 3 and then GX started or something :confused:

I understand about GX, I couldn't stand it in the beginning as well but the I gave it a second try and it definitely has it's good parts. It still is not as good as the original one.

Hmm in that case I should totally give GX a try :huh: I was like those annoying nostalgia-holders that couldn't stand to think of Yu-Gi-Oh without the story revolving around Yugi :dies:

calmar

Marik

HE actually did. He pretended to be their friend when he was still bad.

For a little bit, just to get Anzu and Jonouchi into the hands of the Ghouls for the battle at the port. Namu. What an original name. He kept up the disguise during the finals slightly and used Odion as a kind of shield.

Hmm in that case I should totally give GX a try :huh: I was like those annoying nostalgia-holders that couldn't stand to think of Yu-Gi-Oh without the story revolving around Yugi :dies:

I still don't like Yugi or Atem as characters like 18 years after YGO first came around :sharon:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

VforVendetta

Ohhh whoops, I thought he was friendly with them :duck: I remember him being undercover or something, it's been a while :sweat: Wow 5 seasons? I thought it only got to Season 3 and then GX started or something :confused:

It has nice characters and very good duels. It has a lot of nostalgia parts though, you are right.

calmar

It has nice characters and very good duels. It has a lot of nostalgia parts though, you are right.

Wasn't there a duel with "Kaibaman" with Eric Stuart as VA who even looked like Kaiba :emma:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

VforVendetta

For a little bit, just to get Anzu and Jonouchi into the hands of the Ghouls for the battle at the port. Namu. What an original name. He kept up the disguise during the finals slightly and used Odion as a kind of shield.

I still don't like Yugi or Atem as characters like 18 years after YGO first came around :sharon:

Yes. Actually I am impressed, even if I haven't seen it for more than 4 years I do remember it very well. :emma:

Atem was badass though :manicure: (even if I hated his lectures about friendship and past more than Kaiba tbh :emma:)

Wasn't there a duel with "Kaibaman" with Eric Stuart as VA who even looked like Kaiba :emma:

Yes. I don't know the VAs anyway.

calmar

Atem was badass though :manicure: (even if I hated his lectures about friendship and past more than Kaibe tbh :emma:)

Dub Jou was the worst imo re: friendship speeches :MANiCURE:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

T3ARS

I loved Yu-Gi-Oh

My fave:

4a39b8e5de69d_32997n.jpg

It is not our differences that divide us. It is our inability to recognize, accept, and celebrate those differences. - Audre Lorde

Redstreak

Very much yes, I still have my deck and play people.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

VforVendetta

Dub Jou was the worst imo re: friendship speeches :manicure:

Agreed. :manicure: Tea as well. :manicure:

Archived