About TCB Spoilers... PLEASE do not put spoilers in thread titles as we have some users wishing to remain spoiler free. Please show kindness and respect. Thank you! ×

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

President Obama offered pot in Colorado

Morphine Prince

Featured Posts

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. A living icon that's trying to overthrow legislative power and has carried out multiple actions that would have instantly impeached any other president. K 

Not his fault the rest of them refuse to do anything. 

Blue Jeans

Disgusting imo

:awkney:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Not his fault the rest of them refuse to do anything. 

Refuse to do anything?  :huh: It's a democracy...it's expected for there to be delays until there is finally a general consensus among legislature to agree on something between all parties or compromise. If they can't agree that doesn't mean that suddenly one man from a completely different branch, President or not, can suddenly force them to do something and take away their rights (perfect example is the most recent act of taking away the Senate's right to call recess). I'm not saying he is some horrible man...but he is doing things that are way out of line and not along "democracy" guidelines whatsoever.

The Senate isn't any better, but you can't just decide that you have the right to overthrow legislature's rights along with forcing a healthcare system that is doing poorly on people who don't want it. Just as much as you can't expect the Senate to overthrow the executive branch or force anything upon the President - that would be unheard of.

On topic: I could care less if he smoked  :sweat:

Refuse to do anything?  :huh: It's a democracy...it's expected for there to be delays until there is finally a general consensus among legislature to agree on something between all parties or compromise. If they can't agree that doesn't mean that suddenly one man from a completely different branch, President or not, can suddenly force them to do something and take away their rights (perfect example is the most recent act of taking away the Senate's right to call recess). I'm not saying he is some horrible man...but he is doing things that are way out of line and not along "democracy" guidelines whatsoever.

The Senate isn't any better, but you can't just decide that you have the right to overthrow legislature's rights along with forcing a healthcare system that is doing poorly on people who don't want it. Just as much as you can't expect the Senate to overthrow the executive branch or force anything upon the President - that would be unheard of.

On topic: I could care less if he smoked  :sweat:

I'd agree if Congress was less partisan. It'd be about reaching a consensus if the Republicans in the House had anything else on their agenda aside from disagreeing with the President on just about everything... which is entirely their right. However, it seems to me their reasoning is not legitimate and purely political. The contempt the Republicans (generally) hold against Obama is unprecedented. For example, the Republican blockage of the immigration reform bill that passed in the Senate last year. They aren't doing their jobs, which is why I believe President Obama is in the right for exercising his precedented executive right to issue executive orders (every President in American history has issued executive orders, except the first Harrison). He's not "suddenly" doing anything, there is a well-established president, and Obama has actually issued far less executive orders than is the typical amongst contemporary Presidents. 

He's not "overthrow[ing] the legislature's rights along with forcing a healthcare system that is doing poorly on the people who don't want it" at all... the Congress prior to the current LEGALLY passed Obamacare, and in my opinion, it's doing very well. 

Also, it's "I couldn't care less." Saying "I could care less if he smoked" implies you could care less than you do. Sorry just being nitpicky lol

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived