About TCB Spoilers... PLEASE do not put spoilers in thread titles as we have some users wishing to remain spoiler free. Please show kindness and respect. Thank you! ×

MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

British teenager dies on a roller coaster in Spain

NewYorkCity

Featured Posts

NewYorkCity

A teenager, thought to be British, died on Monday afternoon, after falling from a rollercoaster at a Spanish holiday resort.

The 18-year-old is believed to have fallen from the Inferno ride at the Terra Mitica theme park in Benidorm, at around 4:30pm, after his safety harness allegedly malfunctioned, the Mirror reported.

The teenager suffered multiple fractures and head wounds.

An ambulance crew attended the scene, but the teen died from a cardiac arrest inside the ambulance at around 5:30pm.

It is understood that the young man was on holiday at the popular holiday destination with his father, his brother and a friend.

Local councillor, Jose Marcet, told the El Mundo newspaper that the teenager was British, but other reports suggest he may be Icelandic.

A court in Benidorm has launched an investigation into the incident, a judicial source told the Mirror.

“The judge is awaiting a police report after which he will decide what action to take,†the source told reporters.

Benidorm's National Police said: "We are still investigating and can't give out any information about the victim or his age or nationality at this stage."

The rollercoaster, which was unveiled in 2007, is situated in the Egyptian-themed zone of the 14-year-old theme park.

No-one from the theme park has yet made any public comment on the incident.

The building and manteinance of the roller coaster were in charge of a Greman company.

rO0ABXQAZ2Z7aHR0cDovL3d3dy5pbmRlcGVuZGVu

http://youtu.be/F52Xog3f3HE

One Five Ten

Ugh, I saw this today. So scary. I only like going on rides with two harnesses, the main one and a belt that locks it in  :eww:

NewYorkCity

Ugh, I saw this today. So scary. I only like going on rides with two harnesses, the main one and a belt that locks it in :eww:

I have been like 5 times on that park and I've NEVER ride that roller coaster. I always had a bad feeling about it.

djBuffoon

That's so awful :( I'm usually not fearful of roller coasters, but that looks absolutely terrifying.

Oh my God this is awful :shocked: Scary tbh, I'm an avid rollercoaster 'fan', any chance I get I'll hop onto one. :wtf:

R.I.P. Can't imagine how his family feel :(

NewYorkCity

That's so awful :( I'm usually not fearful of roller coasters, but that looks absolutely terrifying.

It is so short... it only lasts a few seconds, but you can't image how people scream on it. That was what stopped me to be on it.

SychosSoChic

hence why I have an extreme fear of roller coasters

this is really sad :(

Life ain't Hollywood for any one of us.

"safety harness allegedly malfunctioned"??!! Omg that's the worse case scenario :wtf:

But how is that even possible, I just looked out the roller coaster on google image and the harness seemed pretty safe, it has the belt lock too vmeKPxf.jpg

May that boy RIP tho

Haroon

My condolences to his friends and family :ohno: I hope extra precaution is taken and every ride's safety thing is checked so there aren't future malfunctions :noparty:

NewYorkCity

I've been wataching the news.

They are investigating because aparently it has a lot of security meassures and if some belt opens the whole mecanism stops and gets blocked...

And that, obviously, didn't happen..

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived