Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Madonna Turns Up for Jury Duty; Released Because She Was a Distraction

Lum

Featured Posts

dury-duty-madonna.jpg

Who's that girl showing up for jury duty? Yep, it's Madonna.

After dodging a jury summons with a doctor's note on May 27, Madonna arrived at 60 Centre St. Monday morning with an entourage fit for a diva -- two male bodyguards and two female assistants.

But she was soon gone. While regular folks summoned to do their civic duty sat through hours of waiting, Madonna was sprung after an hour and a half.

She was about 30 minutes late for her 10 a.m. scheduled arrival time, which is an hour later than the 9 a.m. time regular prospective jurors are asked to arrive.

"I'm proud to do my job," she said, standing tall as she left the courthouse with a gaggle of handlers and security guards.

She didn't respond to questions about special treatment.

The ‘Vogue’ singer had been called for jury duty weeks ago, but had a doctor’s note that excused her.

On her way out of the iconic building overlooking Foley Square, the Material Girl showed she could still turn heads.

"That's Madonna!" one star-struck onlooker said.

"She looks so thin, right?" another chimed in.

A group of fans stopped in their tracks to capture the pop icon's court cameo.

The Upper West Sider had been ushered into the first-floor clerk's office instead of the regular jury assembly room.

She was later excused from jury duty, due to her presence causing a commotion at the courthouse.

She was later excused from jury duty, due to her presence causing a commotion at the courthouse.

Madonna was not questioned for a panel.

A court official said the decision was made to let her go early because her presence was a distraction.

"We had ample jurors today and had we needed her, she would have been sent out on a panel," said New York State Unified Court System spokesman David Bookstaver. "We had sufficient jurors not to have created a further distraction for the courthouse."

"She got credit for her service and we're delighted she came," he added.

Madonna is off the hook for jury service in New York for six years.

:lmao:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
FATCAT

This was obviously a stunt. Get your **** together, Madonna.

Purr more, hiss less.

Stephen

Lmao why summon her in the first place obviously it'd be a distraction :smh:

Vernier

:usrs: What did they expect would happen, she's Madonna :smh: Or did they really not know who she was when she got picked?

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Titzlol

:rip: How can you summon the queen of pop to something like that and not expect a commotion :deadbanana:

LipglossLuxury

Queen. Only Legend M could turn heads and be a "distraction" while someone's life is at stake.

The fact of the matter is that Legend M didn't want to show up, but alas couldn't keep coming up with more excuses. They got what they asked for and that's the Queen of Pop. 

Look how fabulous she looks too. Can't wait for more info on her latest album. You can catch some newly released lyrics on her instagram which is just as controversial.

Flawless

Saving America's judicial system :applause:

:legend:

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Giorno Giovanna

tl;dr

gagagrill2_2723690a.jpg

このジョルノジョヴァンナ夢がある

Haroon

Well at least she turned up :laughga: Of course the late arrival isn't okay, but she still went :yes: I mean I guess it's a good thing she was dismissed because of the commotion caused, Madonna was able to leave early and the court thing could continue without disruption :shrug:

Archived