đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Obvious single Choice from BTW

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

VforVendetta

Yes, but it was a catchy love ballad released in a moment where spanish was the new great thing and by Madonna who was in one of her best times (she could release anything and it was successful). Americano was a mariachi-inspired electro song with political and kinda difficult to understand lyrics and Gaga had just had a flop (Judas) and a moderately successful song (TEOG) so it wasn't like she could release whatever she wanted, and sorry but Americano's a good song but definitely not one of her catchiest ones.

TEOG wasn't a moderately successful song though. Also considere that indeed times change but you don't know if 2011 would have favored the Americano sound or not. No song on BTW has only positives as a single choice (Americano included). I just staed why Americano had the most positives and the most chances to be a successful single.

These receipts are reaching sis, not to mention dusty...

Sure. When you find a better, more accurate response come again to talk cause you've been just clocked.

26969462_2h6zyvm.gif

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phlop

I agree with the op but the Scheisse comment. Scheisse would have slayed.

Americano, Scheisse, and Hair should've been singles before Judas tbh. Judas had no place as a single.

BYE

LilVenusian

TEOG wasn't a moderately successful song though. Also considere that indeed times change but you don't know if 2011 would have favored the Americano sound or not. No song on BTW has only positives as a single choice (Americano included). I just staed why Americano had the most positives and the most chances to be a successful single.

Sure. When you find a better, more accurate response come again to talk cause you've been just clocked.

26969462_2h6zyvm.gif

Royals: It is more tongue-in-cheek social commentary about classism/music industry. Quite relateable lyrics that aren't really dividing opinions too strongly

Born This Way: Self empowerment anthem and nothing else. By that logic Firework is also a politically charged call to arms  :toofloppy:

VforVendetta

Royals: It is more tongue-in-cheek social commentary about classism/music industry. Quite relateable lyrics that aren't really dividing opinions too strongly

Born This Way: Self empowerment anthem and nothing else. By that logic Firework is also a politically charged call to arms  :toofloppy:

Born This Way's meaning is much heavier and more loudly expressed than FIrework anyway and ROyals still remains a political song. I agve you examples as you asked. If you don't like them is your problem. I hope you have something else to add why Americano is not a good single choice because I gave many reason why it is in the OP. Or you can just accept the fact that you were wrong. 

LilVenusian

Born This Way's meaning is much heavier and more loudly expressed than FIrework anyway and ROyals still remains a political song. I agve you examples as you asked. If you don't like them is your problem. I hope you have something else to add why Americano is not a good single choice because I gave many reason why it is in the OP. Or you can just accept the fact that you were wrong. 

Those are just two songs of many that pass through radio which might have slightly different content, but are still highly relateable and rather simple in their approach. Americano  is confusingly sung from two perspectives (a gay person and an illegal immigrant) and is pretty aggressive in its approach rather than being an all inclusive anthem like BTW+Royals. It is quite clearly meant to be an album track for gaga to delve into her personal political opinions and not for general consumption. You need to stop being so set on this delusional idea....

TEANUS

1. Born This Way - February 2011

2. Hair - May 2011

3. You and I (US)/ Marry The Night (WW) - August 2011

4. Americano - November 2011

5. Scheibe - February 2012

6. The Edge of Glory - May 2012

7. Heavy Metal Lover - August 2012 (Only if The Edge of Glory is a top 5 hit)

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

VforVendetta

Those are just two songs of many that pass through radio which might have slightly different content, but are still highly relateable and rather simple in their approach. Americano  is confusingly sung from two perspectives (a gay person and an illegal immigrant) and is pretty aggressive in its approach rather than being an all inclusive anthem like BTW+Royals. It is quite clearly meant to be an album track for gaga to delve into her personal political opinions and not for general consumption. You need to stop being so set on this delusional idea....

You need to learn what an opinion is. I don't see it as just an album track. Your point are only subjective. Let's end this, it's not like you see anything else than your own opinion anyway.

geopang

Incorrect, Politically themed songs rarely get accepted at radio, especially coming from female pop stars, Hair was actually the most obvious single choice from BTW in terms of its lyrical and musical accessibility.,,

Miel

I actually really love Americano, and was hoping either it or Marry the Night would be the last single. I still had an aching hope that Americano would be released in time for 2012 election season, but oh well.

It's such a great song- really charged and actually really smart, imo. I don't care if it would have done well or done horribly.

3 points in and ready for more

FRANK1991

well, its not a single :lolgaga:

goes off listening to Scheisse and HML

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

crackpoppodcast

yasssssss! I remember when the album was leaking and after my first listen through, this was my favorite of all of them and I tweeted something like "Americano is going to tear this country apart this summer"

Archived