tumblr_inline_mjhc3yOgMp1qz4rgp.gif

:rip:

My impact.

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Valextra

I don't like the song very much tbh, but your point about the GP is correct, in my country where 'Alejandro' was a big hit I think 'Americano'  would have slayed, same like you said for others Southern Europe Countries and Latin America, the song stay in your mind, and at the end strong of the big success in Europe also in USA it could have been a hit...

You just don't like the song Luc, don't embarass yourself. :reductive:

You just like the song, whatever your name may be. You've already embarassed yourself now :reductive:

:rip:

My impact.

little britain ha impact

la computera dice no

LilVenusian

It didn't even have a heavy politicla theme. it has an good ideal of political criticism, nothing the radio would reject.

The song is very clearly about immigration laws/ gay marriage and is quite Anti-American, if you really look into the lyrics deeper. Not exactly the sort of thing the GP wants to hear on their afternoon commute. 

VforVendetta

You just like the song, whatever your name may be. You've already embarassed yourself now :reductive:

little britain ha impact

la computera dice no

It has nothing to do with this thread though. I never said in the OP that Americano was single material because I liked it. :reductive:

And my name is Giannis

The song is very clearly about immigration laws/ gay marriage and is quite Anti-American, if you really look into the lyrics deeper. Not exactly the sort of thing the GP wants to hear on their afternoon commute. 

As you said if you look into the lyrics deeper. Neither radio nor the GP has time for that.

LilVenusian

As you said if you look into the lyrics deeper. Neither radio nor the GP has time for that.

The song is very political. Blatant references to gay marriage, fighting for your beliefs, "living on the edge of the law". All the way through there some sort of political tone.  I still dont see how you can twist it any other way. A good chunk of the song is even sung in Spanish which is pretty risky on its own. Do you even follow music on the charts? Most of it is about s-x/relationships/partying for a reason. A song like Americano is highly un-relateable and would likely confuse the average listener...

VforVendetta

The song is very political. Blatant references to gay marriage, fighting for your beliefs, "living on the edge of the law". All the way through there some sort of political tone.  I still dont see how you can twist it any other way. A good chunk of the song is even sung in Spanish which is pretty risky on its own. Do you even follow music on the charts? Most of it is about s-x/relationships/partying for a reason. A song like Americano is highly un-relateable and would likely confuse the average listener...

Of course I do. My home here is the Charts sectione. :emma: Spanish is not a problem. There are many hits with foreign languages in them.

Of course I do. My home here is the Charts sectione. :emma: Spanish is not a problem. There are many hits with foreign languages in them.

But those are of the Pitbull kind :emma:

and excuse me but i love americano

LilVenusian

Reasoning with the unreasonable...

unsure-larry-david_zps9ab21851.gif

VforVendetta

Reasoning with the unreasonable...

unsure-larry-david_zps9ab21851.gif

tumblr_inline_mqcfd3FivO1qz4rgp.gif

But those are of the Pitbull kind :emma:

and excuse me but i love americano

You've said before that you don't like the song and excuse me guys but I've given my reeceipts and you havn;t. When you find more and betetr receipts about why Americano is not a good single choice or why another song was a better single choice then come back again and we can discuss. The : lmao : emoticon doesn't generate any kind of discussion.

LilVenusian

tumblr_inline_mqcfd3FivO1qz4rgp.gif

You've said before that you don't like the song and excuse me guys but I've given my reeceipts and you havn;t. When you find more and betetr receipts about why Americano is not a good single choice or why another song was a better single choice then come back again and we can discuss. The : lmao : emoticon doesn't generate any kind of discussion.

I dont know who this mess of a comment is directed at but you continually refuse to acknowledge the lyrical content of the song which is usually the biggest determinant of what dose well at radio. Trawl the hot 100 right now and i doubt you''ll even find one song with an inkling of a political agenda. I'm not the one who should be presenting receipts here hun...

Spanish is my mother language and believe me when I say that in a very few cases listening to pop singers singing in Spanish is cool. Alejandro is flawless. Americano, La Isla Bonita... They're not.

VforVendetta

I dont know who this mess of a comment is directed at but you continually refuse to acknowledge the lyrical content of the song which is usually the biggest determinant of what dose well at radio. Trawl the hot 100 right now and i doubt you''ll even find one song with an inkling of a political agenda. I'm not the one who should be presenting receipts here hun...

Born This Way, Royals.

Add to that that Gaga is not a trendfollower anyway.

And yes, you need to give receipts. I gave them in the OP. Bye.

Spanish is my mother language and believe me when I say that in a very few cases listening to pop singers singing in Spanish is cool. Alejandro is flawless. Americano, La Isla Bonita... They're not.

Still La Isla Bonita was very successful though. 

.Still La Isla Bonita was very successful though.

Yes, but it was a catchy love ballad released in a moment where spanish was the new great thing and by Madonna who was in one of her best times (she could release anything and it was successful). Americano was a mariachi-inspired electro song with political and kinda difficult to understand lyrics and Gaga had just had a flop (Judas) and a moderately successful song (TEOG) so it wasn't like she could release whatever she wanted, and sorry but Americano's a good song but definitely not one of her catchiest ones.

LilVenusian

Born This Way, Royals.

26969462_2h6zyvm.gif

These receipts are reaching sis, not to mention dusty...

Archived