💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

What came first? Dope or IWBWY?

Benji

Featured Posts

Brooklyn Nights

Really? How do you know that?  :ohno:

She said so in one of the radio interviews shortly after Swinefest. She said something like "A fan came to me with this song called I Wanna Be With You and it ended up transforming into one of the most personal songs on the album"

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AnglerfishbraBENUS

It's kind of obvious I Wanna Be With You came first... she tweeted the lyrics a LONG time ago and the chord fits better with the Melody.  'I wanna be with you' is much more appealing than 'I need you more than dope' and its less gimmicky.  

Benji

Just offering you guys a thought, no need for your panties to be twisting

Let it go, let it gooo Ã¢â„¢ª

tumblr_mm9bebHJKc1qcgl1no1_500.gif

TimisaMonster

You already said the answer...:awkney:

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

ryhanna

Nah, that happens sometimes. Songs change and evolve the more that they're worked with. Do you remember "Sometimes," which used the same instrumental as Eh Eh but had a completely different melody and lyrics? It's similar to that. You start creating something, and realise it's better a different way. 

So I'm fairly sure IWBWY was written first, and then re-written as Dope later along in the creative process. 

Raikov

She said so in one of the radio interviews shortly after Swinefest. She said something like "A fan came to me with this song called I Wanna Be With You and it ended up transforming into one of the most personal songs on the album"

Hmm, I thought that it was that a fan sent her a letter talking about their own struggles with substance abuse and Gaga was really touched by it and it formed the inspiration for Dope.

Brooklyn Nights

Hmm, I thought that it was that a fan sent her a letter talking about their own struggles with substance abuse and Gaga was really touched by it and it formed the inspiration for Dope.

It might be :emma: Im not the best person for remembering things.

I have often suspected this same theory, however evidence suggests I Wanna Be With U was indeed written first. The tweet has since been deleted, but Gaga once tweeted:

"I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and alone," - ----- -- ---- - #ARTPOP.

Back in February 2013. The dashes are 'blanks' and can be filled in: I Wanna Be With U. 

EDIT: 

Image.

BTKtaHPCUAAOre9.jpg

Benji

I have often suspected this same theory, however evidence suggests I Wanna Be With U was indeed written first. The tweet has since been deleted, but Gaga once tweeted:

"I'd rather be poor and happy than rich and alone," - ----- -- ---- - #ARTPOP.

Back in February 2013. The dashes are 'blanks' and can be filled in: I Wanna Be With U. 

Thank you for responding politely, we need more members like you!

Ah yeah I remember, she put it on a picture too for LM?

Dunk96

iwbwy came first, she said so. she said dope was created out of iwbwy and in the studio it became about something else. 

edit: just because u prefer the lyrics to dope doesnt mean the rewrite to iwbwy was done quickly before hand. u guys dont understand the creative process at all. iwbwy has more intricate lyrics, and is in a major key as opposed to dope which is in a minor key. do u really think she made all those changes quikcly beforehand just to sing iwbwy at swinefest? 

ur theory is wrong and illogical. u only think she'd lie to make ur crazy theory seem plausible. iwbwy came first. 

Thank you for responding politely, we need more members like you!

Ah yeah I remember, she put it on a picture too for LM?

:hug:

Archived