💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Another Very Different Vibe I Got From Lady Gaga.

Bradley

Featured Posts

As a creative person, I think Gaga does not know herself what to do and goes from one thing to another when she has control. She is very changeable. Plus, she needs advice too. I have no idea what were they thinking releasing TEOG and DWUW as promo singles. They are one of her best and most acclaimed if not best songs! I hope they all sort everything out and C2C era runs smoothly (like people running to the stage at Quebec fest :lmao:)

I believe that she could pull off a risky release when her vision is hers. Aura would have been extremely risky, but at the end.... This is GAGA, she has to take risks

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ronk

Well, she hasn't exactly been promoting her singles or following the 'rules' lately, so maybe she has lost interest. 

If there are disagreements between Gaga and Interscope, that would explain a lot.  For example, if Gaga wanted Gypsy as a single but Interscope wouldn't allow it, it could explain why Gaga couldn't really get behind the songs Interscope chose instead.  If Gaga thought Gypsy was radio friendly and would slay, she could feel Interscope pulled the rug out from under her career.  This is just a theory, of course.  I chose Gypsy for the example because I love the song.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Bobby Campbell, she's also signed to Live Nation's new management company  :)

oooh

ryhanna

If there are disagreements between Gaga and Interscope, that would explain a lot.  For example, if Gaga wanted Gypsy as a single but Interscope wouldn't allow it, it could explain why Gaga couldn't really get behind the songs Interscope chose instead.  If Gaga thought Gypsy was radio friendly and would slay, she could feel Interscope pulled the rug out from under her career.  This is just a theory, of course.  I chose Gypsy for the example because I love the song.

All speculative, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is part of what happened with Venus/DWUW. Gaga kept promoting Venus as originally planned, and kind of went underground for a while afterwards until the GUY video (which, incidentally, Venus was also included in).

heavyMetalGAGA

But she's not experienced in music management or making all these decisions. Her line of control should start and end with the performance. The music, the themes, the general image etc should be hers, but single choices should be joint between her and the label... however, she's been battling against them rather than working with them. That's never going to work.

What happened to having a great team like in 2009? She seems to have fired them all...

I agree that she should have a team that is on board with her ideas and that she must be willing to work with them. However, I think there was some abusing done in terms of her past management. I mean LAG always tried to take all of the credit and Troy & her were disagreeing about many things ever since the 2011 VMAs.

Also, she has been fighting about single choices since TFM, so I don't think it's fair to just blame this on ARTPOP and pretend that this something new. She begged and begged to not release Dance in the Dark and instead they went with Alejandro. Same thing happened with many BTW singles 

Bradley

I think what she means about the Aura issue is that she wanted it as the lead single but as the record didn't let her release it she was so upstet that she leaked it. What I see is that Gaga has always been doing what she wanted with her music (for instance, the record told her that TFM should just have 3 songs and she said they'd be 8), but with the loss of popularity with BTW her record has started taking control over everything, so that has made her change. Gaga would never say what she said about Applause (that it's the worst in the album and wasn't even going to make the final cut) if she wasn't really angry about releasing it as the 1st single

I respect her as an artist but I think her label is smarter in making good single choices, I certainly respect her art but if you guys support her for choosing her own singles and doing things on her own, you guys have to bear the risk of failing.

Aura

Venus

Gypsy

GUY

As singles :flutter: would've been a killer era.

I liked DWUW as a single until the video mess, but I don't think it should've been a single only because I really don't see Gaga dabbling much in that genre.

Do What U Want received very positive reviews from the critics, one of the greatest songs she's ever written also one of the best songs in ARTPOP. If it was managed properly, it could slay so hard. But Gaga sounds perfectly good in the genre.

Bradley

WAIT.

Why is everyone forgetting that she admitted that the BTW era singles were not the best and that she fought hard for BTW-MTN-Scheisse-TEOG...

This isn't the first time she has been honest about behind the scenes of her career. Or is this just another subconscious tendency to dramaticize the ARTPOP era. Like, this isn't the first time we've had a messy video result. This isn't the first time a song flopped. This isn't the first time fans are unhappy with her marketing (not enough or overexposed) and this is definitely not the first time people have thought that she's too accessible.

All of these things started during the BTW era. At this point, she's been this way for more than half of her career. Why are people still "shocked" that she's not some glam robot? She dropped that image in 2011. It's 2014 now.

No, she was still strong to me in the Applause -> G.U.Y. era, she acted like she didn't know the failures but now she revealed her honesty to us. Which is very new to me.

Judas ruined everything

Judas is arguably my favorite of hers so NO REGRETS ON THAT SONG!

You're right. It should've been handled better.

Regardless of the fact that Judas was outshined by TEOG, she should've stuck with Judas and let it flop. Then a while later (re)released TEoG as a full single and been like "this is my brand new single". She wouldn't be wrong because it was only a promo single before. People would be yearning for it. Time to make a decent video for it. 

Then the promo wouldn't be so messy.

Judas did not flop, it charted in Top 10 in most countries and sold millions of copies worldwide. (Not sure if it's Platinum certified in the US but I think no).

well gaga doesn't have a manager anymore so.. :*(

She hired a new one. I know his name is Bobby...

Emvee

No, she was still strong to me in the Applause -> G.U.Y. era, she acted like she didn't know the failures but now she revealed her honesty to us. Which is very new to me.

Well because you had a personal encounter with her. Obviously your perception of her will be different in person as opposed to on the screen.

I respect her as an artist but I think her label is smarter in making good single choices, I certainly respect her art but if you guys support her for choosing her own singles and doing things on her own, you guys have to bear the risk of failing.

Do What U Want received very positive reviews from the critics, one of the greatest songs she's ever written also one of the best songs in ARTPOP. If it was managed properly, it could slay so hard. But Gaga sounds perfectly good in the genre.

And releasing Judas was a good choice? Cause Gaga said she didn't want to but her record told her to do it

Wet Fire

I TOTALLY agree with the TEOG/DWUW comment you made. They are among top 5 Gaga songs for me.

Bradley

Well because you had a personal encounter with her. Obviously your perception of her will be different in person as opposed to on the screen.

I did not personally encouter her, I just read what's on the internet and I already got that feeling, I'm not blaming anyway, just pointing out how different it is than it was.

Archived