Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

2014 MTV Video Music Awards [pre-show discussion]

Quark

Featured Posts

Danny Boy

It looks basic af this year unfortunately  :cry:

Rihanna better open and perform her new single tho.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yanko

• Dangerous Man

• aquaprincess

• Stephen

GagaStefi

Who would even perform? like there haven't been any interesting artists at all since Miley and she hasn't really been in the spotlight at all in 2014. :rip:

King Austin Mahone

Nominations are coming today.

Vma-2011-logo.jpg

Oh, snap! MTV will use its fairly new Snapchat account on Thursday to unveil this year's nominees for the Video Music Awards before they're announced anywhere else. The nominations will appear in eight 10-second Snapchat videos starting at 9 a.m ET on Thursday, MTV told Mashable. They will feature Austin Mahone, Fifth Harmony and Becky G as well as stars from MTV shows in order to leverage their enormous fan bases.

"We could have used one person to announce all of them but this is really going to buy us a lot of reach," Tom Fishman, vice president of content marketing and fan engagement, told Mashable. He added that the cameos will "excite great pockets of fandoms."

In the past, many fans have taken screenshots of MTV's snaps and shared them elsewhere. Teen Wolf's Tyler Posey, for example, will reveal the Video of the Year contenders. MTV hopes Teen Wolf fans, in turn, will discuss the VMAs on other social networks.

The VMA-related snaps will be viewable on MTV's Snapchat story for 24 hours. Other celebrity guests who will appear in the Snapchat videos will be Awkward's Jillian Rose Reed, Girl Code's Carly Aquilino and Guy Code's Charlamagne Tha God.

When asked whether he thinks other awards shows will try similar nomination rollouts in the future, Fishman said, "We've seen a lot of flattery in the form of imitation in the past and we expect this to be no different."

Historically, major awards shows like the Oscars and Emmys have avoided moving to digital announcements, particularly with winners' envelopes staying in print rather than on tablets, even as new technologies and social media continue to digitally transform awards season around them. The partial reason? To avoid leaks and security breaches.

The Emmys, for example, recently revealed nominees on TV and in a live stream.

The VMAs will air live on Aug. 24 from inside the Forum in Inglewood, California.

http://mashable.com/2014/07/16/mtv-vmas-nominations-snapchat-nominees/

Discuss

Let's make a circle of prayer for good sis Applause

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

i seriously hope it gets nominated for something

Edited by TROJAN

artpopmess

This will be a nice preparation for the Grammys when Gaga is going to get 0 nominations for ARTPOP too

Edited by artpopmess
don't follow my instagram (trying out reverse psychology)

Weasel

I hope Gags doesn't get any so she'll realise she needs to step it up and release more :coffee: 

i seriously hope it gets nominated for something

Even a "Best Video With a Message" would do it for me

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Bleachella

We repent our sins against the DWUW video, please lift Applause and G.U.Y. up towards the heavens, higher than Amanda Bynes' ego. Amen

Even a "Best Video With a Message" would do it for me

even a slummy art nomination

or cinema :rip: 

TEANUS

What if these are the things that bring Gaga great profits :OMG:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS