Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Nicki Minaj comments on BET speech + Iggy controversy in the media

Travis

Featured Posts

Travis

The media puts words in my mouth all the time and this is no different. I will always take a stance on women writing b/c I believe in us!

I believe we're smart enough to write down our own thoughts and perspective, just like the men do. I've been saying this for 5 YEARS

I fell in love with Lauryn Hill b/c I knew she was the author behind those amazingly profound and articulated songs on the MisEducation

I wondered how Lauryn tapped into my brain and wrote an album on love, betrayal, passion, pain, triumph, brokenness.... Did she read minds?

It's the same reason I have a different level of respect for Missy. I know she's a writer and a producer. Women MUST aspire for more.

I've congratulated Iggy on the success of Fancy, publicly. She should be very proud of that. All the women nominated should b proud.

That will never change my desire to motivate women to write. Our voices have to be heard. I hope I inspire up & coming females to do that.

https://twitter.com/nickiminaj

Her BET Awards speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiaXJIWKWsY

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
inuborg

She gon keep it moving, be classy and graceful

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

Yanko

yes nicki

tumblr_n7ysssFdN21rdutw3o1_r1_400.gif

SEVDALIZA

qween. nothing else i can say :legend:

operating from another world

What crap

She's covering her ass because honestly who else would she have been referring to? there's not many current female MCs

Robotboy

is she kidding? i saw her speech myself :rip: hypocrite.

i mean yeah its great if you write your own music but to shade the ones that don't? no. leave that to the fans you looked  a bit desperate 

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

Stefani328

What are rappers always so thirsty for some type of controversy? 

Blue Jeans

What crap

She's covering her ass because honestly who else would she have been referring to? there's not many current female MCs

She's just shading her in a classier way this time, "saying i congratulate her for her success, but honey you should write your sh*t"

and she's right, iggy's rapping skills are average and she needs someone to write with or for her... :manicure:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Yanko

She's just shading her in a classier way this time, "saying i congratulate her for her success, but honey you should write your sh*t"

and she's right, iggy's rapping skills are average and she needs someone to write with or for her... :manicure:

she has ghost writers that means they write a song get the money but dont ask for credit and iggy says she wrote it am i right?

Blue Jeans

she has ghost writers that means they write a song get the money but dont ask for credit and iggy says she wrote it am i right?

I don't know if she has mutiple ghostwriters, but T.I. has been rumoured as her ghostwritter for a long time now..

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Sugarfall

Classy Minaj :applause: well said

What crap

It's not crap. It's her opinion and this time she said it better, + appreciated Iggy

Morphine Prince

What crap

This. 

If she's proud of writing Stupid Hoe and Roman Holiday then..... :smh: 

Archived