💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"I used to Love Lady Gaga then........."

Blue Jeans

Featured Posts

Shaney

The lyrics are obviously metaphorical, so I'm surprised that so many people take issue with the song.

Also, I think it's mostly just the fans who think that Judas somehow affected her popularity. Hell, most members of the GP probably don't even know the song exists since it was sandwiched in between Born This Way and The Edge of Glory which were much more popular. People will casually reference "all the backlash," but I honestly never saw any.

Same.

Stan culture isn't healthy :smh:

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oscar

It didn't kill her career though because the GP loved TEOG. ARTPOP is also a gem but had bad promo which is why it's not doing as well as it could have been. Applause peaked at #4 as well which further proves that Judas didn't kill her career but that was the beginning of her decay i'll agree with that. 

Regardless, she can still return on top. She has a lot of rebirth imagery in her art and will eventually attract that into her career

Stefani328

Judas was a horrible choice. I never liked Judas, it's a song I skip on BTW (lyrics are cringewrothy).

The video was amazing.

Flawless

Well maybe it was a mistake, but she didn't get much backlash in Europe/Asia etc. i think it was just in the USA ?

only in the USA i guess. Judas is one of the most known song from Gaga in South America

the scars on my mind are on replay.

Girrr

I used to love/hate it. It was kind of a blessing and a curse. It's an amazing song, one of her best along with the video. But it did bring backlash. What the backlash brought was this whole new attitude in Gaga. She finally said she didn't care about the charts, going as far as to mock the corruption in the music industry. She's much more free and badass, and I'm lovin' it. Thanks, Judas.

Hexxx

She was talking about it from the viewpoint of Mary Magdalene. In the bible, MM loved Jesus. But Gaga's video and song explores the relationship if MM betrayed Jesus by hooking up with Judas. In the bible, Judas betrays Jesus but Gaga aka Mary Magdalene is the one that betrays Jesus.

Does that make sense?

Bloody Mary goes on to explore the same theme as it is about Mary Magdalene again. :)

Yeah i understood all that :) but i was comparing it to the people in the bible, how similar the love was for the antichrist. What i do like about the theme is the message of forgiveness.

Lady Gaga/ Madonna/Lana /Azealia Banks/ Jazmine Sullivan/ DEEE-LITE/ Moko

OrphanBlack

I remember sitting in class back in tenth grade and we were talking about Judas when it came out. I loved it and blasted it nonstop for weeks but people were like "she's gonna lose fans for this" and I was like "really?" Is it that offensive? It's just a song. And an amazing one at that. One of the best on BTW tbh.

Yay my first post!!! Hi guys I'm new here I've been lurking for YEARS. Like I've been through the two (or three) site changes and just decided to make an account!!!! I was too scared too but literally visit this site every day!! Lol

Ronk

I remember when an interviewer was wondering if Gaga was in love in Judas.  Gaga had to explain the metaphor and then explained the motorcycle scene in the MV was a metaphor on a metaphor.  Gaga regularly uses metaphors that the GP doesn't understand and they don't take the time to find out what it's all about and they assume the worst.

I remember sitting in class back in tenth grade and we were talking about Judas when it came out. I loved it and blasted it nonstop for weeks but people were like "she's gonna lose fans for this" and I was like "really?" Is it that offensive? It's just a song. And an amazing one at that. One of the best on BTW tbh.

Yay my first post!!! Hi guys I'm new here I've been lurking for YEARS. Like I've been through the two (or three) site changes and just decided to make an account!!!! I was too scared too but literally visit this site every day!! Lol

Great post, too.

I live outside the space time continuum.

OrphanBlack

I remember when an interviewer was wondering if Gaga was in love in Judas.  Gaga had to explain the metaphor and then explained the motorcycle scene in the MV was a metaphor on a metaphor.  Gaga regularly uses metaphors that the GP doesn't understand and they don't take the time to find out what it's all about and they assume the worst.

Great post, too.

Thanks! My first time being quoted too!!!! Quick question how do you use the emotions and gifs? I really want to use the awkney one eventually cuz it's hilarious.

Ronk

Thanks! My first time being quoted too!!!! Quick question how do you use the emotions and gifs? I really want to use the awkney one eventually cuz it's hilarious.

To start with, when you're typing a post click on the smiley face in the bar above.  The emoticons will show up ... if you want to see them all, click on "Show All" below the list.   :)

Maybe someone can post how to create gifs.  I think I made it through the procedure once or twice but never really got the hang of it.

VforVendetta

I'm one of those that say that no, Judas was not nearly as damaging as some have claimed. Bad decisions and managing one dayafter the othere was the problem.

RAMROD

I see that people are still wearing their ear condoms after Judas.

Maybe they forgot they had it on?? :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Ronk

I'm one of those that say that no, Judas was not nearly as damaging as some have claimed. Bad decisions and managing one dayafter the othere was the problem.

I think it was damaging, tho.  When I first heard it I got the metaphor and loved it but I thought the song was going to be bad for Gaga's image.  I just thought the GP was going to think Gaga was evil because of the song.

Edit:  It's like, how many times do you have to say "I'm in love with Judas" in one song before it is burned into the GP's memory.

Paper Gangsta

I feel like Judas created real commotion only in the US. In most parts of Europe religion isnt that big of a thing :sweat: What affected Gagas success in Finland(bc thats all I know of) is propably:

-MTN and Y&I flopping

-Long ass break

And I am goddamn happy Judas was made a single, one of her best songs ever imo and her 2nd best video :omgexcited:

Um, its not big thing in US either. But most of people (not only americans) bashed it because of its religious aspect when at the same time they almost never were in the church. It sounded cool and smart to bash the song so everyone who is publicy declared as christian talked ****, although most of them don't give a **** about religion.

Paper Gangsta

in the minds of athiests, this is laughable but in biblical sense, It talks about how EVERYONE will begin to worship the antichrist and somewhere, people speculate that judas will be the antichrist reincarnated or something like that. People will refuse to believe and follow christ in this era. Even with God's wrath upon them, they still worship the antichrist. Even with their blistered skin and suffering, they still rebel against God.

There's more details on it, but I don't wanna input lies or anything like that.

You are watching too much these "gaga exposed, illuminati, satanist, ocult" youtube videos

Archived