💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

"Applause" concept demo leaks

Pandemiya

Featured Posts

It's sssoooooooooo cooool being able to listen to the early cut and experience her creative process !!!

YAAAAYYYY  :party:

but I feel kinda sad cause that just confirms my assumptions - on ARTPOP she wrote many songs simply putting her vocals over AlREADY MADE instrumentals... I mean Aura, Donatella, MJH, Applause (and I have a strong feeling that also happaned with GUY, SD, J&D, Swine)

I mean... I TOTALLY felt on the first listen that ARTPOP is only half-hers... time to leave DJWS, he introduced her to this type of creating when she just puts her vocals over an instrumental (like it started with Gov Hooker)...

now I understand what did she mean with that "ARTPOP = journey through creative process and collaborations (more like duets) with artist and producers"

I think it's time to come up with your own melodies Gaga...

I want to hear 100% Gaga in lyrics and in music, not only 50% or less...  :lana:

I 100% agree on this

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMGGGGGGGGGG I Love the way she wanted from the beginning her vocals to sound so Bowie-ly OMG someone has to make that music solo part is pure fire!!

she sounds like cyndi lauper

Interesting. So the pre-chorus was initially a chorus, which actually sounds great.

It's no surprise that this is one of her catchiest pre-chorus.

It's sssoooooooooo cooool being able to listen to the early cut and experience her creative process !!!

but I feel kinda sad cause that just confirms my assumptions - on ARTPOP she wrote many songs simply putting her vocals over AlREADY MADE instrumentals... I mean Aura, Donatella, MJH, Applause (and I have a strong feeling that also happaned with GUY, SD, J&D, Swine)

I mean... I TOTALLY felt on the first listen that ARTPOP is only half-hers... time to leave DJWS, he introduced her to this type of creating when she just puts her vocals over an instrumental (like it started with Gov Hooker)...

now I understand what did she mean with that "ARTPOP = journey through creative process and collaborations (more like duets) with artist and producers"

I want to hear 100% Gaga in lyrics and in music, not only 50% or less...  :lana:

Yeah, I feel the same way; when she told us how she went through Zedd's laptop and picked demos... and how she just bought Aura...

Although is there proof for MJH and Applause, really? Who's to say she didn't make the instrumentals/chord progression for those? Remember that Eh Eh was originally Sometimes, which had the same instrumental but totally different lyrics and melody. Sometimes you hit upon a good backing but you're still trying to find the melody. We only know about Aura, Donatella, and DWUW (which wasn't even DJWS but DJWS's friend if what I read is correct) being majorly made by someone else. That's still more than would have liked, but it's not a huge portion of the album or of her work.

What concept demos do we have, then? Monster, Judas, Highway Unicorn, Bad Kids, MJH? (is this concept or just a demo), Applause... are there any others? They're so cool to listen to.

mcphee

I actually love things like this, only positive kind of 'leak' for me.

Its so interesting seeing how the song developed. I love the 'Yaaay', it sounds so unenthusiastic. It's really quite hilarious.

Applause slaying me again.

Brooke Hoegan

Yeah, I feel the same way; when she told us how she went through Zedd's laptop and picked demos... and how she just bought Aura...

Although is there proof for MJH and Applause, really? Who's to say she didn't make the instrumentals/chord progression for those? Remember that Eh Eh was originally Sometimes, which had the same instrumental but totally different lyrics and melody. Sometimes you hit upon a good backing but you're still trying to find the melody. We only know about Aura, Donatella, and DWUW (which wasn't even DJWS but DJWS's friend if what I read is correct) being majorly made by someone else. That's still more than would have liked, but it's not a huge portion of the album or of her work.

oh, so DWUW melody is not by her too... even better  :dies:

I mean just listen to this Applause demo closely... instrumental is completely done, official one only has improved synths, but the melody hasn't changed at all  + she only has one piece of lyrics to sing... if it was truly her creation, the concept would contain simply chords played on a piano as the instrumental or would be simply like Stuck on F***in' You which was took at once... and not READY instrumental...

recently she writes less and less melodies by herself and it really bothers me cause I felt on first listen like ARTPOP is not Gaga's album... it felt so strange to me, I didn't know what's the matter with it but it didn't sound like her to me... that's why I have some problems with this album...  :noparty:

da breakdown n' da bridge instru  :giveup: shoulda kept it, omg  :giveup:  :giveup:  :giveup:  :giveup:

너와의 어색한 침묵이 차라리 좋아

Darcklighter22

I agree 100% wait MJH instrumental was already made? proof source? but yes I mean she took 2 years and 2/15 songs the instrumental was made before vocals where added onto it....I just find it a little contradictory that she really takes time to work on it hands on, and is apart of every step when clearly she goes threw the producers instrumental library and just picks beats she likes and tries some vocal takes (very doubtful that she really has 100+ songs more like a few vocal takes on instrumentals to actual demos)

destructivelove

Judging from the demos and swine fest performances...every one of these songs had soooo much energy and soul and attitude and slaying power and it's like they sucked every last bit of life from every song. They autotuned and stabilized her voice way too much on the album and she sounds almost robotic. I can't help but believe we would have a literal smash album had it not been for the shotty production on almost every song. Almost makes me think the purposeful decay theme may actually have been a planned thing

Brooke Hoegan

I agree 100% wait MJH instrumental was already made? proof source? but yes I mean she took 2 years and 2/15 songs the instrumental was made before vocals where added onto it....I just find it a little contradictory that she really takes time to work on it hands on, and is apart of every step when clearly she goes threw the producers instrumental library and just picks beats she likes and tries some vocal takes (very doubtful that she really has 100+ songs more like a few vocal takes on instrumentals to actual demos)

I remember that it was revealed Madeon played her that synths while on her tour and she really liked them so they made MJH out of them...

also it's not 2/15, it's 100% Aura and Donatella, ok, but it turns out that also MJH, DWUW and now Applause are probably created like that...

and personally I have a strong feeling that also GUY, SD, J&D and Swine were done that way cause I feel smth off when I listen to them.... but maybe that's just me...

Edit : doesn't mean I dislike those songs... it's just that this album doesn't sound 'Gaga' to me... just like another album from another pop star with good songs on it

Darcklighter22

I remember that it was revealed Madeon played her that synths while on her tour and she really liked them so they made MJH out of them...

also it's not 2/15, it's 100% Aura and Donatella, ok, but it turns out that also MJH, DWUW and now Applause are probably created like that...

and personally I have a strong feeling that also GUY, SD, J&D and Swine were done that way cause I feel smth off when I listen to them.... but maybe that's just me...

Edit : doesn't mean I dislike those songs... it's just that this album doesn't sound 'Gaga' to me... just like another album from another pop star with good songs on it

oh no that's what I ment like 2 of the 15 tracks from ARTPOP the instrumentals where already pre-made, and same I still love all the songs but it's just hard to stan for her saying she's original and really does it from scratch when evident shows its not exactly that how she did it with certain songs. And I've heard that to for DWUW that DJWS had already made it for someone else kind of how it was with Aura having already been made from Infected Mushroom (not sure if they had intended to release it themselves or not) and with Donatella being 100% recycled fro Karma B*tch. G.U.Y seems like it could of been made a bit more from scratch and Swine. but deep down Applause instrumental was just in the works and they only had part of it figured out, I mean they also had a completely different break down in the concept demo so i don't believe it was a recycled instrumental like Aura/Donatella.

but yeah in terms of "ARTPOP" being about hybrid of different genres of music and collaborating with producers which in terms is what every pop artist does to some extent but still is blurred as to how it actually went down (possibly why we never heard of the terry movie that had footage of the recording process of the album)

Archived