Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Will Gaga ever top Poker Face commercially?

SIRE

Featured Posts

disneyhigh

Have you ever heard about humour? Look it up honey  :kisses:

except your comment wasn't funny  :kisses: 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not impossible, but I think it is hightly unlikely she will. She isn't a fresh face anymore which I feel like had an impact on her sales back then. She was the "It" girl at the time and isn't anymore. :shrug:

Smh @ the people coming at the OP sideways. If you have a problem with this thread then you can leave. The title clearly states what the thread is about and if you don't have a desire to discuss sales and charts you don't need to be here. :awkney:

This. Why does every thread have to be a fight? :smh:

HausOfGuy

and why do you care?

yeah I know this a gaga forum but there a dozen of these threads everyday. There are other topics to talk about besides how much gaga is currently selling or being nostalgic about how much she did sell

its not like i lurk GGD waiting for topics about her commercial success. i comment on many different topics, and the diversity of topics is what makes the forum interesting. like i said, if u don't like threads like this u can visit other threads. Think about it, u just posted on a thread about a topic u apparently don't care about just to let everyone know how much that topic annoys you and you think u have the right to tell people what they should and what they shouldn't post about?

Sizzily

It would be fun and she has the power to release a PF/BR 2.0, but I don't think she wants to.

One Banned Boi

No :smh: PF has like 13mil I think, BR 12, and BTW 9

Mess I forgot about Just Dance. About 10 million I think

omg :deadbanana:

There's nothing absolutely stopping her, as long as the material she'd release is strong and would satisfy what the majority of the music consumers wants. Others have done it anyway, even her closest contemporaries like Rihanna with We Found Love and Katy Perry with Firework (and now possibly with Roar). HOWEVER, contrary to what others have said here, the ball game isn't entirely on her or any artist in particular.  It's a fallacy that an artist could get a #1 hit only if that artist wants to. Scoring #1s is driven by what the public wants the most in a particular week, not the other way around. One could hire the best production team and make the cheesiest lyrics, but if it does not satisfy the interest of the public, the single would barely sell.   

Titzlol

Of course  :excited:  why not? Rihanna's done it how many times, Umbrella, Disturbia, and We Found Love right? and so has Beyonce? Gaga's already done it just about with Just Dance and Bad Romance, soooooo of course! :yes:

Wonder what type of song itll be though :flutter: think itll be like TEOG? or a more hard hitter like, pokerface or lovegame, the possibilities are endless, cant wait for it to happen though

disneyhigh

its not like i lurk GGD waiting for topics about her commercial success. i comment on many different topics, and the diversity of topics is what makes the forum interesting. like i said, if u don't like threads like this u can visit other threads. Think about it, u just posted on a thread about a topic u apparently don't care about just to let everyone know how much that topic annoys you and you think u have the right to tell people what they should and what they shouldn't post about?

You're right.  Sorry for being an asshole.

Anderson123

Probably not as big as Poker Face, or even Bad Romance but maybe like Born This Way / Applause / The Edge of Glory. I mean, I love Gaga, but Poker Face and Bad Romance were HUGE because she was the new thing back then, and who knows what she's going to do next, I doubt she wants to keep making hit songs when she has the talent to record an album with Tony Bennett or create some really good album tracks or songs that aren't really made for the charts, but for her own pleasure.

Look at Britney, she was huge during Baby One More Time, then Oops I Did It Again, and then Slave 4 U, which was a change of direction. Then the next couple of years she released a duet with Madonna and Toxic, which I think solidified Britney as an icon or global popstar. But then her personal life and albums like Blackout and Circus came out, the material was good (according to fans, Blackout is her best) and then she came back with Femme Fatale (commercially).

If fans only worry about these things, let me tell you that you're probably going to be disappointed. I doubt Gaga is going to keep making songs like Poker Face just to be everywhere, the world gets tired of that, look at Miley Cyrus.

I don't care if she never releases another top charting song, as long as the quality of her albums is great, I'm happy with that.

Robotboy

no cuz singles won't sell as much anymore thanks to streaming taking over. but she will have more huge songs yas

Remember that you are unique. Like everyone else.

disneyhigh

no cuz singles won't sell as much anymore thanks to streaming taking over. but she will have more huge songs yas

streaming hasn't taken over actually so

Archived