💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Best Gaga album theme?

Bambino

97 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite Gaga album theme?

• The Fame: feeling like a celebrity
    • The Fame Monster: fear of fame
    • Born This Way: equality/be yourself
    • ARTPOP:... anything (:awkney:)

Featured Posts

timmomatic

The idea and concept behind ARTPOP is probably her best but the execution is her worst out of all the ideas. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tommy Monster

the only thing "psychadelic" about ARTPOP are the song ARTPOP and some of the artrave's themes...and even that's pushing it. Just because something is weird and out there, doesn't make it psychadelic. By those standards everything gaga has done in her career would be so

It's the vibe that's all around it, the cover, the booklet, the songs, aura, venus, ARTPOP, Swine with its avantgard theme, mjh, apllause, it's all psychadelic... The overall feeling that you get from listening :legend: the album really is about making ends meet... The topics and themes that you normally wouldn't expect to be together :gaga:

Miel

Solely on theme, I really love ARTPOP (or at least my interpretation of ARTPOP).

How I see it, ARTPOP's core theme of duality is used both as a metaphor and a subject, utilizing it to tell her own personal story. At the same time, at its core, the concept of 'ARTPOP' meaning anything really makes it open to collective and individual interpretation, which I find super cool.

3 points in and ready for more

Slade

The Fame Monster. I really love ARTPOP's "anything goes" feel though, and it has had such incredible moments, fashion, and performances.

MonsterRocket

That is true, but I think that all of her various interpretations (possibilities, art into pop culture, exposing her brain as it is now) all do figure into one central idea. Problem is, that idea is so abstract, so all-encompassing, it's abstract and difficult to express in the span of a 10 minute interview. Hell, even a 30 minute interview.

Yes, that's it. By 'exposing her brain' you mean something like her exposing her mind, the way she sees and thinks about things and her life ,those ones consisting on art and pop ?? I think it's interesting.

JimmyJudas

TF is my least favorite but its theme is my favorite. It sounds a bit weird :shrug:

djBuffoon

Yes, that's it. By 'exposing her brain' you mean something like her exposing her mind, the way she sees and thinks about things and her life ,those ones consisting on art and pop ?? I think it's interesting.

I do, as well. I think it is an honest distillation of her mind, a blueprint of what it making her tick at this specific moment in her life, presented in an entertaining and accessible way. Most of the songs on the album are forged from deep emotions (DWUW, Swine, Gypsy, Aura, Sexxx Dreams, title song) but it's cathartic because there is a sense of release and even joy from the way that the album was composed and produced.

Mmm I just added to my list another reason why ARTPOP is my least favorite album. No theme .

TFM=BTW > TF=ART

The theme of ARTPOP. The lyrical themes revolve around her personal views of fame, love, s-x, feminism, self-empowerment, overcoming addiction, and reactions to media scrutiny; references include Greek and Roman mythology, and classic jazz and electronic musician Sun Ra. BAM!!

Solely on theme, I really love ARTPOP (or at least my interpretation of ARTPOP).

How I see it, ARTPOP's core theme of duality is used both as a metaphor and a subject, utilizing it to tell her own personal story. At the same time, at its core, the concept of 'ARTPOP' meaning anything really makes it open to collective and individual interpretation, which I find super cool.

Totally agree with all of that. Some people just need to listen to her lyrics in more depth.

Archived