Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lupita Nyong'o and Gwendoline Christie join new 'Star Wars' film!

No Angel

Featured Posts

No Angel

diptych.jpg?w=977

Lupita Nyong’o, the Oscar-winning breakout actress from 12 Years of Slave, and Game of Thrones’ Gwendoline Christie have joined the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII, Lucasfilm announced on the Star Wars website Monday.

“I could not be more excited about Lupita and Gwendoline joining the cast of Episode VII,†Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy said in a statement. “It’s thrilling to see this extraordinarily talented ensemble taking shape.â€

Nyong’o has long been rumored to be joining the cast. Christie, in addition to starring as Brienne of Tarth in HBO’s Game of Thrones, will also star in the upcoming The Hunger Games: Mockingjay  Part 2. In April, the movie cast was revealed to include a number of newcomers: Adam Driver (HBO’s Girls), John Boyega (24: Live Another Day), Oscar Isaac (Inside Llewyn Davis), Daisy Ridley (Blue Season), Andy Serkis (Rise of the Planet of the Apes), Max von Sydow (Minority Report) and Domhnall Gleeson (Harry Potter).

Returning from the original trilogy are Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Harrison Ford (Han Solo), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Kenny Baker (R2-D2) and Anthony Daniels (C-3PO).

Any Star Wars fans here? The films were great, but I'm kinda excited now that Lupita is on board.  :excited2:

Gov Hooka

so excited for this movie i just hope disney doesnt **** this one up

Hauser

Queen Lupita Nyong'o her career is taking off so fantastically :party: Im not that much of a fan of Star Wars but Lupita is going to get my coins for the movie 

No Angel

Yeah, I was a little hesitant about the film when I heard about the Disney stuff... but hopefully it doesn't disappoint!

She's def getting my coins. I'm a huge fan of hers. Glad she's getting major roles in these blockbuster films!

Queen Lupita Nyong'o her career is taking off so fantastically :party: Im not that much of a fan of Star Wars but Lupita is going to get my coins for the movie 

Helix

I hope Goddess Queen of the Universe and all People Lupita Nyong'o really is in the movie

That'd slay so much

ryhanna

Let's face it, Disney couldn't **** up Star Wars any more than George Lucas already did with the prequels. :toofunny:

Yay @ Lupita! I was so hoping they'd get her on board. I can absolutely see her as a Sith! 

YES!!!!!! I love both of these actress'! 

We're all Stronger Together!

PoshLife

But part of the Star Wars movies' mystique is that all the actors are TERRIBLE :lmao: they'll be the most talented people the franchise has ever had :lmao:

ps disney's not going to f*ck it up. If anybody f*cks it up it's going to be JJ Abrams. He better not try to pack as many explosions into two hours as possible, I want an actual movie, not a Fast and Furious Space Opera.

RAMROD

Disney won't, look what happened to Marvel franchise. Big Success.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

SKANK

I've never seen Star Wars, I just hope this movie will give Carrie Fisher material for another one woman show.

TimisaMonster

Lupita and her already legendary roles and success... A Star Wars Movie? Welcome to the AAA List club Lupita !

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Archived