Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

so is g.u.y. dead?

JSRD

Featured Posts

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nemo

Yeah. Several radio programmers on twitter voiced their distaste for it. One pretty much said "It just doesn't sound like a hit". He then went on to say that Applause and Do What U Want DID sound like hits, which is why they played them.

I'll never understand these people. I read something similar in reviews a couple of times before G.U.Y. was released -- in the context of praising DWUW, but they were describing it as the only other song (after Applause) with radio potential. I don't get that at all. To me, practically every track on ARTPOP is a potential hit. But I guess that's why I'm not a radio programmer.

And I'm glad I'm not, because if I thought like them, I'd probably want to kill myself. :P

Oh well, back to giving up on pop radio for me. I'll just tune my radio to my local college station and leave it there, like I was on the verge of doing before Gaga came along. Not that there's not other stuff I enjoy on pop radio, but it's not worth the pain, without her. She saved pop music, for me... for a while. But if they're turning their backs on her, I'm done with them.

holy scheisse

commercially dead, never was born though #stillbirth

ย 

still the best song on ARTPOP imo

TimisaMonster

It's rotting in the bottom of the charts...

Stream my new single, ๐Ÿ’œ"Heartbeat"๐Ÿ’œ, on Spotify!

holy scheisse

She saved pop music, for me... for a while. But if they're turning their backs on her, I'm done with them.

ย 

amen, it's such a disgrace...

E24187

This would've happened for any song released after the DWUW mess. ARTPOP itself is dead. I'm glad she moved on with the tour.

Next album please.

Laceface

Literally no promotion, so yeah as to be expected. The GP doesn't seem massively keen on her atm, which probably means whatever she releases regardless of standard will be the same.. unless it's basic and then the radio will be all over it like the other songs being played

just wondering. ย i haven't heard it on the radio once in Minnesota. ย but then also i recently learned that ย one of the djs at our local top 40 station hates gaga so i'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. ย or did it just not take off.

Dead on arrival.

Pop Art

Unfortunately, yes. I put the blame on the lack of promotion and radio refusing to play it. I mean hell, when G.U.Y. was first starting out, Birthday was being played more than it without even being announced as a single yet. :rip:ย I mean, I'm happy for Katy, but the bias is just too obvious sometimes.

just wondering. i haven't heard it on the radio once in Minnesota. but then also i recently learned that one of the djs at our local top 40 station hates gaga so i'm wondering if that has anything to do with it. or did it just not take off.

Where in MN do you live? Z99 of Mankato Stan's for it tbh, I've heard it like 20 times :legend: but on any other station no. And not anymore either.

Archived