💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Comparing ARTPOP to 2011/2012 EDM is just a bad excuse

Quark

Featured Posts

giskardsb

If ARTPOP sounds dated then what does all the stuff on the pop radio sound like?  I guess it's "timeless" because it's all essentially the same generic unidentifiable pop sound and light hip hop thats been on radio for 20 years.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

It would seem so. Half of the tracks could never work on top 40, for multiple reasons (quality not being one of them).

and this is why Gaga is more interesting than other pop stars.  I'm a fan of her primarily because of her adventurous album tracks, not released singles.  Gov Hooker, Bloody Mary, Aura.... great, interesting, quirky, hard hitting songs.  Gaga shines in the heavier genres but radio is too chicken **** to play that stuff.

djBuffoon

If ARTPOP sounds dated then what does all the stuff on the pop radio sound like? I guess it's "timeless" because it's all essentially the same generic unidentifiable pop sound and light hip hop thats been on radio for 20 years.

Precisely. If ARTPOP sounds dated, I can't even imagine how tracks like "Get Lucky" or "Brave" are coming off.

Archived