💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Comparing ARTPOP to 2011/2012 EDM is just a bad excuse

Quark

Featured Posts

Quark

the irony that auras beat was made in 2011-2012

That is obvious, many songs on ARTPOP were probably made in 2012. But that still doesn't mean that they sound like most of the stuff released during that time.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I observed is that a lot of the hate for ARTPOP started when it didn't do as good as people expected. Which is a shame. If people dont like it, I am perfectly fine with it. But hating on something only because it wasn't as big as you wanted it to be is disrespectful towards the artist and just sad.

MonsterRocket

Of course not. Letting someone know that you don't like some of his work because you were expecting more it's not sad. It's a way of showing him respect and telling him that he has the talent to do much more.

Quark

the lead single applause was VERY 2011 and 2012 EDM :awkney:

How? The beat and the type of synths it uses don't sound like anything in 2011

Of course not. Letting someone know that you don't like some of his work because you were expecting more it's not sad. It's a way of showing him respect and telling him that he has the talent to do much more.

There's a difference between disliking something because you expected something different, maybe better and disliking it just because it wasn't as successful as you thought it'd be and I think they were referring to the 2nd one

MonsterRocket

How? The beat and the type of synths it uses don't sound like anything in 2011

I guess that user was being sarcastic dude :awkney:

There's a difference between disliking something because you expected something different, maybe better and disliking it just because it wasn't as successful as you thought it'd be and I think they were referring to the 2nd one

Then use the 'sucessful' term, not the 'big' one. It can lead to many confussions.

VforVendetta

So you think Rihanna or Calvin Harris are the only ones that create trends? NO. Look at Lorde. Look at Adele. It's not always about mainstream and more mainstream.

Of course they did affect the sound of 2012. Haven't you seen the giant crows I.M, Madeon or Zedd perform to? And yet they don't create musical trends and affect the industry?

Adele, Madeon and Zedd all belong to mainstream industry.

TraeumereiLPB

I think I didn't make my point clear enough. You have to know: English is not my mother tongue, so I sometimes use the wrong terms. I did not intend to lead someone to confusion, nor did I intend to insult anyone disliking ARTPOP, sorry. What I wanted to express is that I am perfectly fine with someone not liking the work of an artist, no matter what the reason is. But what I think is disrespectful, is to dislike something just because it is not doing well on the charts, not being sucessful. I hope this washes all the confusion away.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

MonsterRocket

Adele, Madeon and Zedd all belong to mainstream industry.

Why are you saying the album's not meant to be mainstream and that indie hipsters produced it then? First ARTPOP is not meant to be at top 40 cause indie hipsters producers made it, whose sound didn't affect the year . Then suddenly they all belong to mainstream.

All of your arguments have no coherence and conection. Stop telling people their arguments are stupid when yours don't even make a sense. You are stupid and this conversation ends in here.

I think I didn't make my point clear enough. You have to know: English is not my mother tongue, so I sometimes use the wrong terms. I did not intend to lead someone to confusion, nor did I intend to insult anyone disliking ARTPOP, sorry. What I wanted to express is that I am perfectly fine with someone not liking the work of an artist, no matter what the reason is. But what I think is disrespectful, is to dislike something just because it is not doing well on the charts, not being sucessful. I hope this washes all the confusion away.

Oh, okay, sorry! There's no problem  :hug:

TraeumereiLPB

Why are you saying the album's not meant to be mainstream and that indie hipsters produced it then? First ARTPOP is not meant to be at top 40 cause indie hipsters producers made it, whose sound didn't affect the year . Then suddenly they all belong to mainstream.

All of your arguments have no coherence and conection. Stop telling people their arguments are stupid when yours don't even make a sense. You are stupid and this conversation ends in here.

Oh, okay, sorry! There's no problem  :hug:

Thank you, I am glad everything is fine :hug:

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

VforVendetta

Oh, okay, sorry! There's no problem :hug:

What are you talking about? :awkney: I CLEARLY SAID that the instrumental of the song Aura is made by I.M an indie group and so you can't even claim that the production is dated because nothing similar has every approached the radio top 40 or BB Hot 100.

Haroon

The beat is by Infected Mushroom...

I know :laughga: I was trying to be funny but it didn't work out :emma:

Oops at people not getting your sarcasm :spin:

It's never been my strong suit :giveup: I'll avoid it in the future :noparty:

It's never been my strong suit :giveup: I'll avoid it in the future :noparty:

It was really obvious especially with the emote though. I know the feeling but then apparently British humour is really sarcastic anyway so maybe that's it :shrug:

I know :laughga: I was trying to be funny but it didn't work out :emma:

It's never been my strong suit I'll avoid it in the future :noparty:

Sorry  :dies:  I find it hard to understand sarcasm over the internet...  :flop:

Archived