💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Comparing ARTPOP to 2011/2012 EDM is just a bad excuse

Quark

Featured Posts

Essence
Well compared to ha others, ARTPOP is a flop, she knows it too.  :miley:  It's just no promo and no true explanation on the album is really about. that's what happened.
mess. She set her standards way too high by slaying careers in the past

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Do you really believe Gaga would make an album if she were sure that it wouldn't even be in the top 40? :awkney: :awkney:

You didn't get it. The Aura production isn't commercial, it was not made for the top 40 and it was not made for Gaga, Gaga just liked the instrumental and she wanted to make it a song. The song is not dated because its like nothing you've listened out there so the excuse is stupid.

djBuffoon

Do you really believe Gaga would make an album if she were sure that it wouldn't even be in the top 40? :awkney: :awkney:

It would seem so. Half of the tracks could never work on top 40, for multiple reasons (quality not being one of them).

VforVendetta

media traffic it's real.

Also it was reported 2.3 million at the end of 2013, but that number seems a bit too much.

The number is official though. Everyone is using these numbers as official numbers, why Gaga shouldn't? There is no better source than IFPI.

Essence
It would seem so. Half of the tracks could never work on top 40, for multiple reasons (quality not being one of them).
god of truth tea I see :tea:

:toofunny:

Where did you get that number from?

It's more like 2.5m rn, so before you know the numbers don't call it a flop :spin:

And please don't quote me saying it's shipments

MonsterRocket

You didn't get it. The Aura production isn't commercial, it was not made for the top 40 and it was not made for Gaga, Gaga just liked the instrumental and she wanted to make it a song. The song is not dated because its like nothing you've listened out there so the excuse is stupid.

First: How do you know what i've listened before? :awkney: Second: i guess you haven't listened a lot to infected mushrooms or Astrix...everybody's have had a large chance to have listened to that kind of music. 

Klou

I agree, but I think a better statement would be that EDM was more popular during that time and that ARTPOP would have fared better then.

VforVendetta

First: How do you know what i've listened before? :awkney: Second: i guess you haven't listened a lot to infected mushrooms or Astrix...everybody's have had a large chance to have listened to that kind of music

They are NOT in the mainstream and they didn't affect the sound of 2012. The sound of a year is defined by mainstream music not by Indie artists.

MonsterRocket

They are NOT in the mainstream and they didn't affect the sound of 2012. The sound of a year is defined by mainstream music not by Indie artists.

So you think Rihanna or Calvin Harris are the only ones that create trends? NO. Look at Lorde. Look at Adele. It's not always about mainstream and more mainstream.

Of course they did affect the sound of 2012. Haven't you seen the giant crows I.M, Madeon or Zedd perform to? And yet they don't create musical trends and affect the industry? 

TraeumereiLPB

What I observed is that a lot of the hate for ARTPOP started when it didn't do as good as people expected. Which is a shame. If people dont like it, I am perfectly fine with it. But hating on something only because it wasn't as big as you wanted it to be is disrespectful towards the artist and just sad.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Didymus

Saying the EDM was "basic in 2012" is a bad excuse too. Unless you have every album of every successful song that was released in that period how can you determine that it wasn't varied? 

This, so much :applause:

You can only compare ARTPOP to things that you actually heard once (in the ideal situation, you would describe this or list a few artists) or when you compare it to what Gaga and her producers wanted us to believe the album was going to sound like before the release.

Lina Morgana

ARTPOP sounds a bit outdated, but that doesn't take any of the pleasure I get from listening to it. To be honest, that's just part of the charm and it's fully intentional.

If you still don't think that it sounds a bit outdated, then do yourself a favor and listen to capsule.

capsule%2B-%2BSTEREO%2BWORXXX.jpg

1906-player-e6bl.jpg

sugarless.jpg

" I can't sing, I can't dance, I can't write... no real talent. But I'm pretty, and I can make money off pretty."

Archived